Typing text problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkshooter

Tyme Machine
I tell ya, I have no clue why it's happening and though I've mentioned it before, most of the time I cannot use the text box to
type replies here. The red line will show up to indicate a misspelling in the middle of a word, letters won't appear when
pressed, the space bar won't space when hit, and it generally creates a huge mess. Most of the time when this is happening
I have to hit a key three or four times before a character will appear.
This happens no where else, on no other boards, in no other program I use on my computer. It's completely unique to this board.
I can log out, close my browser, restart my machine, and maybe I'll type a line before it starts up again, maybe I won't
make it that far.
Obviously this is a huge PITA. I have to type the message off board then cut and paste into the box to post most of the time.
If it cannot be straightened out my posts here will be severely curtailed. I don't understand why, if it's a board
cookie problem, others have not had the problem. But then I have no clue where to go to find a fix either.
People far smarter than I hang around here and I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks.

Just tried using Chrome, problem seems to not happen. Will continue to use Chrome to see if problem reappears.

Just tried using Chrome, problem seems to not happen. Will continue to use Chrome to see if problem reappears.

After reading your post I just ran an table optimizer on the system to see if that might help you. It's funny no one else has reported this, but I thought I'd try to help :care:

After reading your post I just ran an table optimizer on the system to see if that might help you. It's funny no one else has reported this, but I thought I'd try to help :care:

Thank you, Steve. I appreciate your efforts greatly. To test your effort I opened IE and tried to reply but didn't even finish "Thank you" before the thing screwed up. Switched back to Chrome for the entry.
Just my luck, maybe I have some virus or something. Odd how it only affects WIT, though.
Thanks again!

Chrome has cured so many ills on my system I've stopped questioning it. Original WiT, current WiT, Photobucket, even my Gmail and Google Images run with far less buggyness on Chrome. I don't have the tyme or the inclination to make things work with IE anymore or ask why they don't any longer. I'm living that Chrome life and eating my cake too. :grin

I guess there's always tapatalk.

I never wanted to leave IE. But after using chrome HK, I could never go back. Too many bugs in IE. The Runs, Sprints, & Marathons never worked right for me in IE. Chrome was the cure.

Learn to use chrome or Firefox. I stopped using IE a year ago with no regrets.

I never wanted to leave IE. But after using chrome HK, I could never go back. Too many bugs in IE. The Runs, Sprints, & Marathons never worked right for me in IE. Chrome was the cure.

Thanks, Lee. I always had to view the Runs with Chrome, too. IE just would not work right.

Chrome it is. Been tinkering with it for years, just never committed. Now I have all the excuses I need.

:eek:ff: What I can't understand is how SCREWED UP Internet Explorer has become and how Microsoft allowed this to happen. :nono:
And it's not just with the newest IE 10 or 11 versions; it goes back YEARS. IE also interacts and screws up MS Word, Outlook and other MS OFFICE apps if they're being used while IE is open. I have completely abandoned IE and have been using Chrome (#1), Firefox and occasionally Safari now for YEARS with very little trouble (except errant Flash coded sites). My wife's PC CRAWLS surfing web sites using IE; it's the darndest thing and I'v tried fixing it many times :dunno:(I have NO intention doing a clean Windows reinstall to fix this) ?! No wonder so many people are going to Apple and Mac's; they just WORK (I'm ready, getting too old for this $h_t....):shake:

I think the European Union was on to something when they issued an anti-trust ruling that Microsoft had to "deintregarate" Internet Explorer" from Windows sold in the EU some years ago if I'm not mistaken. I wish that was the case here because if you try to uninstall IE and then try to reinstall it to "fix" it there is just NO way that I have found to do so. :think:

So yes my friends, use ANY browser you want EXCEPT Internet Explorer if you want a mostly trouble free internet experience.:grin

Firefox blows as bad as IE they are behind the learning curve,if you use Norton Firefox can be a real pain.

Been using chrome since the beginning. Never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom