X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon New Release - 36mm White Dial Diver - The Arctic TSAR

Oct 7, 2019

Long Island Watch

Today we are happy to show you the 36mm Arctic TSAR, the newest release from Marathon. Perfect for smaller wrists, this TSAR comes on either bracelet or rubber strap.

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

For the ladies I guess...

Comment

A very sharp, Unisex size, offering, from Marathon. Thanks Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by bundamania View Post
        For the ladies I guess...
        i think i could rock it... the men that won WWI wore 34mm and WW2 36mm...just bought a 39mm from COUNTYCOM-i.e. MARATAC or i woulda made ARCTIC TSAR a contender...ladies doing 28mm-32mm now...trending

i done business with MARATHON out of TORONTO before on a TSAR battery change...gr8 CS good mil-spec contractor

Comment

A funny thing happened when the smartphone took over all of our timekeeping needs: Men got really into watches. Aesthetics (as opposed to pure horological utility) became everything. Some guys went the ?ber-macho route, strapping on pieces reminiscent of the wrist cannons Sylvester Stallone was fond of wearing in the '90s. Others went for pure blinged-out maximalism, which peaked around the time Beyonc? gave Jay-Z a $5 million icy Hublot for his 43rd birthday. But along the way, an undercurrent of enthusiasts sought to correct course with quieter, smaller vintage timepieces—and all of a sudden, the status-symbol watch shrank. That's because for most of history, men's watches have measured less than 40 millimeters in diameter, from World War I trench watches right up to the iconic pieces from the 1950s like the Rolex Explorer. Now that the best watches of 2018 are getting smaller and dressier watches again, watchmakers (Hublot among them) are cutting weight. And once you put on one of these low-profile mechanical beauties, anything larger will feel downright gauche. The four you see here all clock in at 36 millimeters or less—and since “subtle” is synonymous with “versatile” in watch-speak, you'll be able to wear any one of them till the end of time.

https://www.gq.com/gallery/best-smal...hes-under-38mm

Are You Man Enough for a Small Watch?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/f...all-watch.html

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
          If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
          As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
          Abraham Lincoln

Comment

For my 16cm wrist is doable and with bracelet even more so. With the smaller dials have to be careful bout how much lettering you put on the dials.
            The 24 hour indices does not help the layout at all, but still a cool vibe for us wrist challenged folks. Tanks Mike for posting this!

Comment

like GEORGE COSTANZA and ROAD WARRIOR said.. SHRINKAGE is the new trend...agree with RW in that once u strap on a 36mm everything else just feels...wrist fatigue

-the 36 gives a lot more freedom for everyday all day wear... and if size and dings are directly prportional then a 20-30% lest chance to ding a door jamb

Comment

nice! i still like 36mm size. heck i still wear my 34mm rolex airking quite often. small wrist so 34 - 46mm is where i seem to stay with my timepiece selection. 50mm is just too large unless it is pretty thin ~12mm or so. i have managed to sell off most of the 50mm sized pieces i purchased to try out thinking i could wear them.

zak98

Comment

Originally posted by zak98 View Post
                  nice! i still like 36mm size. heck i still wear my 34mm rolex airking quite often. small wrist so 34 - 46mm is where i seem to stay with my timepiece selection. 50mm is just too large unless it is pretty thin ~12mm or so. i have managed to sell off most of the 50mm sized pieces i purchased to try out thinking i could wear them.

there was a fellow named FIFTY/RICK from BOSTON for fifty mm and up...last i heard was on the old forum...and he opened a FB PAGE... haven't heard since...he was a frequent poster...wonder if he still does fitty..i doubt it...like RW says...kinda gauche... i think that means cowboy in argentina JK

Comment

Working...
                  X