• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's why women don't like watches

women in this hobby

Mar 14, 2020

Jenni Elle

I am answering your questions about women in this hobby, the perfect 3-watch-collection, my background and much more

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

I've bought my wife about 25 watches over the years. If I ever buy her another one she would be pissed. Bought her some really nice ones and she will wear them if I wind them and set the time. Have to say watching her scratch the crap out of them and letting them take a beating and get filthy makes me realize how f'ing crazy I am because it bugs me and she's just doing what actual normal people do. Wear it and not worry at all.

Comment

Baume & Mercier Montblanc and countless others she wears a damn fit bit now

Comment

• curiousgeorge
        curiousgeorge commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny that's my wife's go to watch too and she even bought like 10 bands or even bracelets for the damn thing.

• Bella Dino
        Bella Dino commented
        Editing a comment
        I always call her fit bit “that thing “

Originally posted by curiousgeorge View Post
      I've bought my wife about 25 watches over the years. If I ever buy her another one she would be pissed. Bought her some really nice ones and she will wear them if I wind them and set the time. Have to say watching her scratch the crap out of them and letting them take a beating and get filthy makes me realize how f'ing crazy I am because it bugs me and she's just doing what actual normal people do. Wear it and not worry at all.
      yeah i bought a bunch for my wifey also & she barely gives a s h i t e ... and she don't want another...

and CG being the student of human nature and self that you are you realize that " generosity " to others...wife,relatives, children, friends,strangers is just another facet of the addiction and just another excuse to get that shot of dopamaine form pulling that trigger... and like all addictions ...needs to be repeated endlessly ad nauseam ad infinitum

Comment

Shoes, purses, clothes, and make-up are what they really like. I've bought a lot and speak with little authority. LOL

Comment

• ScottyB
          ScottyB commented
          Editing a comment
          women's addiction attaches to shoes & purses like a magnet... most mens still only attach their addiction to the sole manly jewelry object the wrist clock

I really like this lady! Super cool and passionate about watches. I will be checking her out in the future.

Comment

she brings up a really good point about how different watches are advertised to women. as much as there's a part of me that thinks its really cool that my wife can appreciate the difference between a great watch and a watch that it purely for fashion... she still pays attention to design first and function second... if not third or fourth. and tbh we all do look at products that way.
          "It had to start somewhere, It had to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?"

Comment

She seems like she is on top of it and is rather insightful. Good video...

I've gifted watches before and other than the initial unboxing they were never seen again. (except the watches that my ex-wife and I exchanged as wedding gifts to each other on our wedding day) I suspect all the other watches are in the back of someones underwear drawer... sigh.
            Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

Comment

Working...
            X