Swiss Legend Tiger's Eye Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when Invicta was using Howlite and the other stone dials most were in lower priced bargain type pieces. So I agree these stones are not costly, but they can look nice in a watch for sure.

Agreed, they look great. I'll add that the workmanship of the rest of the watch in the recent sub $100 Aragon stone dial deals are miles ahead of those Akriboos - screw down crown, water resistance, finish, strap quality, auto, better choice of sizes, customer service, etc. Silly to compare apples and oranges by price.

Note the Akriboos doesn't even have a date window, no mention of the quartz caliber on their website. I'm guessing a $7.95 or less movement to a retail customer buying one. :lol:

Same movement price range as Invicta and Aragon quartz movements $7.95. :hmm: I've never purchased any Akribos watch or intend to ever buy any.

http://www.allwatchparts.com/Harley-Ronda-515-Watch-Movement_p_317.html

I prefer screw down crowns and good customer service as well. If the crystals fog regardless of push/pull or screw down crowns, what difference does that part really matter? I have no experience with Akribos, but have plenty with Android/Aragon. It appears superficially on many models they both use SS cases, mineral crystals, cheap stamped metal type clasp. The three other factors are movements type, quality control and customer service. I only have real world experience with OKO international with those things. I can't say anything about the other company one way or the other.

Harley Ronda 762 Watch Movement
Part Number 762

Price: $5.95

Price
3+
$4.95

http://www.allwatchparts.com/Harley-Ronda-762-Watch-Movement_p_390.html

http://www.evine.com/Product/655-469

Harley Ronda 762 Watch Movement
Part Number 762
spacer.gif
Price: $5.95
spacer.gif
Availability:
spacer.gif
In Stock
Quantity Pricing
Quantity
Price
3+
$4.95

Akribos being Stuhrlings slightly lower cost sister brand they have varying degrees of quality. My wife bought me one for Christmas a year ago on a Amazon deal and the watch is all base metal but looks nice. Still the brand also uses Stainless steel in many pieces. I have lots of old Stuhrlings that have held up pretty well for 10 years, so they were not bad. Akribos, Joshua and Sons, now Burgi, and August steiner are all under that stuhrling umbrella to various degrees of quality and uses of parts.

Akribos fits perfectly into the Evine fashion watch brand line-up, along with Aragon, Croton, Invicta, Sthurling and so many others too numerous to mention. http://www.evine.com/c/watches/brands-list?icid=DN-Watches-Brand_AllBrands

http://www.evine.com/search/?q=Akribos&icid=InternalSearch_Default_Akribos

http://www.evine.com/b/watches/burgi/?icid=AB-_-Watches-_-Burgi

That has to be pretty old as Thomas Petters(from my home state of MN) is currently in jail for fraud. He was running a ponzi scheme buying up companies like polaroid and such. He ran a liquidation outlet called Petter's Warehouse and completely would make up false inventory claims. Ran a record company called Liquid8 which failed and screwed over a few artists like Vanilla Ice and Midnight Oil. The WSS network was on air for about 6 months to a year.Tim Temple at the time and a number of ShopNBC hosts left to work for the company which went kaput fast. He also owned a travel company Sun Country Airlines, and teamed up with Fingerhut. The man was committing fraud at such a high level I believe he got at least 50 years in prison. Scammer of the highest order. Luckily a woman who worked for him blew the whistle.

I have the green marble Akribos, bought it on Amazon a year and a half ago for $25. They have them at $70 now but would not be surprised to see them start dropping again, they have had them for a while. The dial I got was not very good, very plain. The only reason I kept it was because of the price.

I have the green marble Akribos, bought it on Amazon a year and a half ago for $25. They have them at $70 now but would not be surprised to see them start dropping again, they have had them for a while. The dial I got was not very good, very plain. The only reason I kept it was because of the price.

I've read a few Wit's say the same thing about the Aragon stone dials which cost 4 x that amount and returned them because of the disappointment.

I that day looked at all sorts of cheap chinese auto's after that thread. Bought from Amazon something called a Fanmis auto for 23.99. It's a Tag Steve McQueen Monaco clone. Got it yesterday. One, surprisingly it works. The bracelet is junk. Put it on a Nato. Has a nice look to it. Says it's stainless steel case, but it's a metal coating over brass. Had to try one just to see what I would get. Keeping pretty decent time so far, and if you don't look too close it looks great. See how long it goes before it hits the trash bin.

In terms of bracelet/strap, my experience has been that almost all watches below $100 have crappy ones. Even somewhat above $100 there's still chances of subpar bracelets and straps. The ones I got that pass muster near that price range are an Orient (the Sentinel watch) and a Seagull open heart, both around $120-$130. I do not have one - but maybe Invicta 8926 has an okay bracelet and that'd be an exception rather than the rule

I've always liked these offerings from Swiss Legend. I just could never get over the fact that they misspelled automatic on the dial so I never purchased one.

How the duce did this slip through and nobody was like "whaaaaaat"?? Thousands of watches were stamped "autamatic" and were shipped and sold like usual?

I've always liked these offerings from Swiss Legend. I just could never get over the fact that they misspelled automatic on the dial so I never purchased one.

Oh...my...God!!! I used to have this watch, albeit just briefly, and never noticed that!

Oh...my...God!!! I used to have this watch, albeit just briefly, and never noticed that!
Greetings, and salutations! Welcome aboard!:hand: It's great to have you with us. I hope you have a wonderful time here. ENJOY, my friend!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom