The Louis Vuitton Tambour Curve Flying Tourbillon Is A €280,000 Watch Novelty For 2020

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
WATCH RELEASES

The Louis Vuitton Tambour Curve Flying Tourbillon Is A €280,000 Watch Novelty For 2020

MAR 31, 2020 — BY DAVID BREDAN

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/louis-v...-novelty-2020/

The world of Louis Vuitton watches is a whimsical place. Every once in a while, the world’s most valuable luxury and fashion company presents us with another unique-looking, often quirky, and sometimes extremely expensive, new watch. 2020 is, at least in this one way, is no different. Behold, the Louis Vuitton Tambour Curve Flying Tourbillon Poinçon de Genève that costs €280,000.

LOUIS-VUITTON-TAMBOUR-CURVE-FLYING-TOURBILLON-POINCON-DE-GENEVE-2020-aBlogtoWatch-13.jpg

LOUIS-VUITTON-TAMBOUR-CURVE-FLYING-TOURBILLON-POINCON-DE-GENEVE-2020-aBlogtoWatch-2-scaled.jpg

First, about that price… What it actually costs is €350,000, should you want some diamonds on it — but for the more restrained Louis Vuitton collector, it is true that a €70,000 savings is possible. That said, I’d deserve running out of toilet paper if I wished to imply that this was the one and only aspect of the new Louis Vuitton Tambour Curve Flying Tourbillon Poinçon de Genève to make your eyes water. In truth, the really notable bit is that it is yet another sign of life, telling the world that the haute horlogerie department of Louis Vuitton is fully functional. And that is something for many fellow watch-lovers to rejoice over.

LOUIS-VUITTON-TAMBOUR-CURVE-FLYING-TOURBILLON-POINCON-DE-GENEVE-2020-aBlogtoWatch-5.jpg

The Tambour case is a truly spectacular watch case that is such an elegant match for the historic brand that is Louis Vuitton. Here, it measures 46mm in diameter and a respectably slender 12.75mm-thick with a convex, upward-narrowing case band that also incorporates the 42m- wide bezel into its construction. The case, with its unique weave pattern, is crafted from Carbostratum[SUP]®[/SUP], “a composite material developed exclusively for Louis Vuitton” that is also somehow “used in aeronautics.” It is produced by layering over 100 sheets of carbon “at random,” compressing them at a controlled temperature and then milling them to the recognizable Tambour shape. On a side note, in architecture, a tambour is cylindrical or polygonal wall that supports a dome — which is why every time I walk past a basilica or other massive, centuries-old, applicable building, I think of the Louis Vuitton Tambour watches. For real.

Tambour-Architecture.jpg

Attachments

• LOUIS-VUITTON-TAMBOUR-CURVE-FLYING-TOURBILLON-POINCON-DE-GENEVE-2020-aBlogtoWatch-4.jpg
    LOUIS-VUITTON-TAMBOUR-CURVE-FLYING-TOURBILLON-POINCON-DE-GENEVE-2020-aBlogtoWatch-4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
280K is a little outside my financial radius.:grin: Thanks Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom