UNDONE × Batman Launch 80th Anniversary ‘Long Live The Bat’ Watch Collection: 40mm-K1 Crystal-VK64 Quartz

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
The first titanium timepieces from UNDONE

DEC 14, 2019

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/undone-...ch-collection/

UNDONE-Batman-Launch-80th-Anniversary-Long-Live-The-Bat-Watch-Collection-7.jpg

When it comes to official partnerships, it doesn’t come much bigger than signing a three-year global licensing deal with Warner Bros. To celebrate this latest feather in its cap, UNDONE has announced the release of two very special models that figure to appeal to fans of watchmaking and those of DC comics. Based on two distinct eras in Batman’s history, these watches — the first titanium timepieces from UNDONE — will focus on the crimefighting billionaire’s time as “The Caped Crusader” and his later period as “The Dark Knight."

UNDONE-Batman-Launch-80th-Anniversary-Long-Live-The-Bat-Watch-Collection-4.jpg

Each timepiece takes a very different chromatic route. The most immediately striking of the two — The Caped Crusader — pulls together the more classic black and yellow colors associated with Batman since his debut in Detective Comics #27 way back in 1939. With bold markings and subdials (the 60-minute counter has been invaded by a Batarang), the dial has a host of subtle secrets, too, only visible in the dark…

UNDONE-Batman-Launch-80th-Anniversary-Long-Live-The-Bat-Watch-Collection-17.jpg

As the lights go down low, the true vibrancy of The Caped Crusader dial reveals itself to its wearer. Aside from the hour markers glowing in icy blue, so too does a “detect-a-scope” pattern appear in a ghostly green.

Through this release, UNDONE will be supporting the heroic work of the Hope For Henry Foundation. Hope for Henry is a charity dedicated to improving the care of seriously ill children (and their families) in hospitals all around the USA. Currently, Hope for Henry has helped more than 45,000 children. UNDONE hopes that by donating a portion of its proceeds to the charity, more families will be able to receive the help and support they need. Both models will be priced at $359.

https://www.undone.com/en/batman?utm...ampaign=batman

animation1-image-b.jpg

WEIGHT
Titanium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of all known metals and is 40% lighter than steel.

STABILITY
As well as being highly corrosion resistant to sea water, chlorine and much more, titanium is stable in extreme temperatures, making this the perfect material to complement Batman’s arsenal of gadgets. It is also used as a container for radioactive material.

HYPO ALLERGENIC
Titanium is one of the most biocompatible and hypoallergenic elements. Since titanium is inert and non reactive to almost all chemicals it will never corrode, tarnish or rust. In fact, titanium is commonly used for medical implants, such as knee replacements.
titanium-case.png

CASE DESIGN
Mimicking Batman’s crime-fighting vehicles, UNDONE introduces its first cushion shape case with long sweeping curves and staunch shoulder lines that are bound to turn heads and start conversations.

titanium-watch.png

M-darkknight-slider-a.jpg

M-darkknight-slider-e.jpg

darkknight-slider-c.jpg

M-crusader-slider-e.jpg

crusader-slider-b.jpg

banner-1.jpg

UNDONE will be donating a portion of the proceeds on this project to support the heroic work of the Hope For Henry Foundation; who help seriously ill children and their families through difficult times. More information about this on the product page.

banner-2-packaging.png

UNDONE is releasing a tribute that is bound to make The Joker lose his laugh. For Batman’s 80th anniversary, UNDONE has designed a premium collection, introducing its first Titanium model in tandem to this special occasion.

Batman80.gif
mask.png

Since his first appearance on the pages of DETECTIVE COMICS #27 on March 30, 1939, Batman’s role and look as a crime-fighting cultural icon continues to evolve in our collective consciousness;

batman.png

batman-logo-1940.png
batman-logo-1966.png

batman-logo-1993.png
batman-logo-2007.png

batman-logo-1989.png
batman-logo-2011.png

The UNDONE | BATMAN 80th Anniversary collection pays homage to perhaps two of the most definitive eras in Batman’s evolution:

batman-poster-2.jpg

batman-poster-1.jpg

batman-poster-3.jpg

batman-poster-4.jpg

batman-poster-5.jpg

batman-poster-6.jpg

Whether you’ve been a fan since the first DETECTIVE COMICS (1939) appearance, the colorful Batman Classic TV Series (1966), the fan favorite Batman: The Animated Series (1992) or the iconic film BATMAN (1989) … You are sure to find the perfect addition to your Batcave arsenal.

watch-crusader.png

watch-darkknight.png

crusader_soldier_back.png

dimension_Batman_CC_Front.png
dimension_Batman_Back.png

SPECIFICATIONS
DETAILS
Watches don’t just tell time anymore – they tell stories. Enter UNDONE and its countless customisation options. After all, it’s your wrist, your style.
WARRANTY
12 Month Warranty from purchase date
MATERIALS
Case - Grade 2 Titanium Lens - Hardened Domed K1 Crystal
MOVEMENT
Seiko Instruments Inc. VK64 Mechanical-Quartz Hybrid Flyback Chronograph

DIMENSIONS
Case Width - 40mm excl. crown Case Thickness - 13.3mm incl. crystal

WATER RESISTANCE
5 ATM / 50 Meters

details_crusader_02.jpg

details_crusader_03.jpg

details_crusader_04.jpg

giphy.gif

I like the watch, but the price is ridiculous. I paid about that for my Invicta SW500 Batman on a bracelet. Ashford has the NH35 automatic Batman for $65.00.

DOORBUSTER:$65.00
IN-26901 UPC: 886678323432

Invicta, DC Comics Batman, Men's Watch, Stainless Steel Case, Stainless Steel Bracelet, Mechanical Automatic (Self-Winding), IN-26901
CASE
Material:Stainless Steel
Width:47 mm without crown
Water Resistance:200 m (660 feet)
Crystal:Mineral Crystal
Thickness:16 mm
Case Back:See Through Case Back
DIAL
Attributes:Luminescent
Color:Black
BEZEL
Attributes:Unidirectional Rotating
MOVEMENT
Type:Mechanical Automatic (Self-Winding)
Caliber:NH35A
Crown:Pull and Push Crown
BAND
Band Type:Bracelet
Band Material:Stainless Steel
Band Color:Gray
Width:22 mm
Length:8.75 inches

I personally like both versions better then any of the Invicta Batman models. When the SW500 first came out it was over $500 with flame fusion which is absolutely no better then K-1, and no worse. The lesser priced NH model started at $150. I'd buy the undone versions if they discounted like Invicta does, but that probably won't happen as no one discounts like Invicta. I have no problem with the Invicta Batman watches as it was my favorite show and character when I was a kid. That SW500 they were selling for $278 was a great deal my only issue was the thickness of the watch, but I should've bought one at that price. I do like the slightly more subtle look of the undone versions, but not at the price.

The undone version is not worth anymore than maybe a $150.00. All of their stuff is overpriced in my book. I would buy one, but at a fraction of the asking price. The biggest thing I like about this one is the 40mm size.

Have to agree about the watches and the brand. Although I do like the look and size of those two, doesn't mean I'd touch their price.

Very cool indeed!:wink: Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom