X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of Small Wrist Watches by Vario

by Alvin Lew | Sep 23, 2019 | Reviews

https://microbrandwatchworld.com/rev...ches-by-vario/

Not everyday you will get to see brands producing or designing watch of case diameter smaller than 40mm these days. I am fortunate to be in a country where there are so many new and old microbrands in the watch industry, so Vario is no exception.

Case : I am definitely not a big fan of small wrist watch cases, and there are no watches below 40mm in my collection today. However, after trying out Vario’s Empire, I have a mix feeling about my perception towards small wrist watches. With my Asian size wrist of 6.5″, I would say it’s a bit weird for me to wear a 38mm case size, but the slight oversize onion crown kinda balance it up. I also like the idea that I could finally have a watch to share with my wife, as she too enjoyed wearing it when I wasn’t. Sneaky ! As I have highlighted, the onion crown is definitely a fitting choice as the slight oversize makes it easy to push and pull and gives an edgy feel to the overall dress watch concept. I like how Ivan considered a drilled lug to allow easy removal of the straps. I like how it’s not as slim as other dress watch is designed, but the thickness of 11.5mm and the lugs curving fits nicely on my wrist.

Technical Specifications
    Diameter: 38mm
    Lug to Lug: 46mm
    Thickness: 11.5 mm (NH38A)
    Strap Width: 20mm
    Movement: Seiko NH38A Automatic
    Crystal: Sapphire with inner AR coating
    Water Resistance: 5 ATM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...andwound-watch

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/v...omatic-watch#/

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

A very sharp looking time piece design, from Vario. Thanks for posting this up, Mike.

Comment

nice art deco trending size <<<< smaller 38mmcase/20mm lug width slight jacked ratio...45mm L2L

Comment

This one has a smaller form-factor on the wrist, but maintains a good wrist presence at the same time.

Case : 40mm Diameter, 20mm Lug width, 45mm Lug to Lug Length, 12mm thickness without crystal

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
        If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
        As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
        Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have to struggle to keep from jonesing after case sizes bigger then 42mm cause of my 16cm wrist size.

Comment

Working...
          X