50 Years Of The TAG Heuer Monaco Watch & 90 Years Of The Monaco Grand Prix Race

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l7_kZJ82GLXHTGfx3X4dYaTfc9nbcStKKmNfig=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

aBlogtoWatch.com
Published on Jun 2, 2019

Celebrating 50 Years of the TAG Heuer Monaco Watch at the 77th Monaco Grand Prix | aBlogtoWatch

Last week, aBlogtoWatch had the pleasure of joining TAG Heuer at the 77th Monaco Grand Prix celebrating the unveiling of the limited-edition TAG Heuer Monaco 1969-1979 watch (reference CAW211V.FC6466) as part of the brand's 50th-anniversary celebration of the iconic Monaco watch collection.

50 Years Of The TAG Heuer Monaco Watch & 90 Years Of The Monaco Grand Prix Race
JUN 02, 2019 — BY ARIEL ADAMS

Link to article →→→→ https://www.ablogtowatch.com/50-yea...watch-90-years-of-the-monaco-grand-prix-race/

TAG-Heuer-Monaco-watch-monaco-grand-prix-14.jpg

A deliciously candid video interview with the eldest living part of TAG Heuer’s legacy – Mr. Jack Heuer – played for us at TAG Heuer’s 50th anniversary of Monaco watch party, in Monaco. In it, the origins of the Heuer Monaco watch name were revealed. A paraphrased account of a smiling Mr. Heuer’s sentiments: “Monte-Carlo as a name was taken but Monaco was available and sounded pleasant. We agreed it would make for a good wristwatch name.” You’d be forgiven for not knowing this fact because the Monaco watch is a historic fixture in the world of racing chronographs and also happens to be the official watch partner of the Monaco Grand Prix race.

TAG-Heuer-Monaco-watch-monaco-grand-prix-4.jpg

An iconic corner cased TIMEpiece. I long to add one to my collection.
Thanks for the intel Mike

Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:hat:

Show off! :lol: A sweet TIMEpieces Joel. Love it!

:banghead: Come on Woody. :lol:If you ever pay attention to WRUW or even read the ABTW article you would have noticed right away where the photos came from.

One of Joel's wrist shots.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

47432784831_3d3df5b9e8_b.jpg

:banghead: Come on Woody. :lol:If you ever pay attention to WRUW or even read the ABTW article you would have noticed right away where the photos came from.

One of Joel's wrist shots.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

47432784831_3d3df5b9e8_b.jpg

Point made Mike. It didn't look like Joel's wrist in the photos and I never saw any wrist shots of his with any of these TIMEpieces, But someTIMEs you never know.

No, No! I wish... I was just showing these models as pertains to this posting. I have neither... but Royster on the other hand.

Joel, for the moment some of us thought you did. As for Roy...well what doesn't he have. He's got a helleva collection. My hats off to him. :hat:

No, No! I wish... I was just showing these models as pertains to this posting. I have neither... but Royster on the other hand.

Oh...sorry about that...I wish too...yeah [MENTION=36]royster[/MENTION] seems to have quite the collection of super fine timepieces.

Point made Mike. It didn't look like Joel's wrist in the photos and I never saw any wrist shots of these TIMEpieces but someTIMEs you never know.
You jumped the gun, err wrist, as it were!

Always has been the one Tag I've always wanted. Especially in the Gulf Monaco style, or the Steve Mcqueen 24 version.

AGF-l79sHrSs1DpEMdYUCRZtDxCXrW1dQO3I-9ebOg=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Stephane Bianchi, CEO of TAG Heuer, about the Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary

Monochrome Watches
Published on May 30, 2019

Live from the 2019 Monaco F1 Grand Prix, we talk to Stephane Bianchi, CEO of TAG Heuer, about the 50th anniversary of the Heuer Monaco and why this chronograph is so iconic.

Back
Top Bottom