Need Help with Authenticity with Rolex Jubilee bracelet

mstnpete

Tyme Machine
Hello Friends,

I am in the process of thinking of purchasing a used Jubilee 2 tone bracelet for my Rolex oyster perpetual datejust and need your advice if this bracelet is authentic. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Peter
71012f46bb28e48b9efd460b07965b50.jpg
04e6389707381c80ece54287805b24ba.jpg
0af0e7ba30cba4e6c9de94953d9d5dba.jpg
84ea032fbb7b86f927425e4ea5900d93.jpg
e9edd15a3eb528cf05c12fc17d9c07d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

[h=2]The Top Ten Ways To Spot A Fake Or Counterfeit Rolex[/h]
1. Serial & Model Number Stamping
Real vs Fake Rolex Serial Numbers - Real vs Fake Rolex Serial Numbers - Bob's Watches

Fake vs. Real Rolex Serial Numbers

The serial and model numbers on a genuine Rolex are deep and perfectly marked in solid, very fine lines that will shine in the light at an angle like a diamond cut edge. Conversely, the numbers on many fake, or replica watches, are typically made up of faint tiny dots due to a lower quality marking process . In other cases, these numbers on counterfeit watches will have a sandy-like appearance from being “acid etched” as shown in the photo above on the left.

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/rolex-info/the-top-ways-to-spot-a-fake-rolex.html

Can you post closeup shots of the clasp stamping and the underside of the endlinks?

I decided to back out of this... another member from another board clearly showed me that this bracelet has seen it's days.

Thanks for the help!
Cheers...
7f6b0a4c6bd34eef673005c73abf9290.jpg

FYI...here is what my Rolex guru told me...

"It's genuine, made for the US market, so less valuable than the stuff made in Swisserland. It's in reasonably good condition, not too much stretch, price is high though - a similar condition bracelet sold for $300 at auction from a very reputable seller.

There's a little less stretch in the one you linked, $450 would be a better price, not sure you'll get him down as low as that though, certainly not worth more than $550 absolute tops."

Doesn't look right to me either... the center links look like they are folded over rather than solid. Links are way too loose. This looks jakey to me...

12668907c_zoom_v1571260319643.jpg

about_rolex_jubilee_bracelet_0001_1680x1070.jpg

"It's genuine, made for the US market, so less valuable than the stuff made in Swisserland. It's in reasonably good condition, not too much stretch, price is high though - a similar condition bracelet sold for $300 at auction from a very reputable seller.

There's a little less stretch in the one you linked, $450 would be a better price, not sure you'll get him down as low as that though, certainly not worth more than $550 absolute tops."
He was asking $700 but no longer interested due to bad links. I was able to bring the price down but decided to back out.

If you have other sources where I can purchase a jubilee for less than 500, I am definitely interested. Thanks for your input.

https://beckertime.com/blog/important-parts-of-a-rolex-watch-the-bracelets-and-clasps/

The style of the Jubilee bracelet links has changed over the years, but they can be categorized into four main styles and there’s an interesting design detail to note depending on where the bracelets were made. Swiss-made Jubilee bracelets until 1974 had folded-style links while those made in the USA or Mexico (more on that later) during the same time had oval-style links. These were eventually replaced by D-style links in the mid 1970s, finally followed by the solid-style link in the mid 2000s. [h=4]Evolution of Jubilee Bracelet Link Styles[/h]
Jubilee Link StyleApprox. Production Years
Swiss-Made Folded Link (ref. 6251)1950s – 1970s
USA/Mexican-Made Oval Link1950s – 1970s
Swiss-Made D Link1970s – 2000s
Swiss-Made Solid Link2000s – Present

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/resources/ultimate-guide-rolex-bracelets-bands-straps.html

https://www.grayandsons.com/watch-bands/rolex-watch-bands-straps.html?p=1

https://www.ebay.com/i/372130996206...MIs6-4mc7A5gIVg5-zCh1soQELEAQYBCABEgIJ2_D_BwE

I wish man once told me "when in doubt pull out." You won't ever regret not getting screwed lol Insert jokes here....lol

On this picture ....the links looks like it was painted with Gold Nail Polish....lol
a94ca5d3b8495161a462615c302358f4.jpg

Update....Thank you everyone...I found an authentic jubilee with the help from my watch repair friend...ordered direct from Europe at a decent cost!

On the watch already....
0bff3d5e1b35ce775db22cbb01819f30.jpg

I saw your thread on the other forum too. I’m glad you were able to get what you wanted, the hunt was tough, but it paid off. That set up looks great.

Back
Top Bottom