How to cut in line in the famous 'Rolex Waitlist'

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
ADs are now (rightly so) more judicious in who they sell the hot steel models to. Like it or not, its the way things are done and shouldn't be changing soon.

AGF-l79FfALqAoEDqfi6CUc-_rACBjUm0HlmNn6NYw=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Premiered 20 minutes ago

Bruce Williams

Chronological waitlists are a thing of the past. It is now a more nuanced process based on a professional relationship. ADs are now (rightly so) more judicious in who they sell the hot steel models to. Like it or not, its the way things are done and shouldn't be changing soon.

1) Let your AD know who you are and what watch specifically you are looking to buy. They need to see you are serious and will enjoy and wear the watch. They need to see that you will not flip the watch
2) Be a genuine, courteous, and kind person (that should go without saying but you would be surprised) you are not entitled to anything including Rolex
3) No brown-nosing or being smarmy. You want the AD to like you and not be annoyed when you come in
4) Start a purchase history if you haven't already. This is essential if you want the really hard to get models. It is not essential for one of the basics like an Air-King or OP
5) DO NOT FLIP your purchases. ADs want the watches to go to long term homes. If you go to a store event, wear your purchases. Sales associates notice these things
6) It helps becoming a newer sales associates client as opposed to the top established sales associate's client. Even if you have spent thousands, there is always a better customer than you out there.
7) Maintain and develop your professional relationship with your AD. Buying watches is a slippery slope and usually doesn't end with one.

Above all enjoy the process and hobby, we are in this to have fun. Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions. Thanks for watching guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8T74yqd3YQ

I agree with a lot of what is said here. Being in retail sales, automotive, there are cars that are hard to come by. When we get one of these cars everyone of the salespeople has a person for said car. Some are ass hats, that as a manager, I don't want to sell them the car. Some are really nice customers and have bought time and time again and are understanding and easy to work with on price and what not and are always fair. I would rather wait a day or two and sell it to that guy, than the ass hat that isn't going to be happy once he grinds my profit away. I understand everyone wants to get what they want and they want to pay as little as possible, which is the case in the high end watch markets as well, but you have to be fair for everyone.

There is nothing in this world that merits unfair, inflated prices to me. I'd rather settle for something that is readily available and average in price. Keep the caviar taste for the snots who create the inflated prices in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom