ORIS Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition Is A Vision In Gold

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
PLANTING FOR THE FUTURE

Oris continues its ocean conservation project with the Carysfort Reef Limited Edition. This limited edition has a GMT function and is made to celebrate the 30'000 planted corals to date in partnership with the Coral Restoration Foundation in Florida.

27832_0179877546185-Set_horizontale.png

REFERENCE 01 798 7754 6185-Set
CASE Oris Aquis, 43.50 mm, 1.713 inches, 18K yellow gold
MATERIAL Multi-piece 18K yellow gold case, ceramic GMT scale top ring
SIZE 43.50 mm, 1.713 inches
TOP GLASS Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
CASE BACK 18K yellow gold, screwed, sapphire glass with special printings
OPERATING DEVICES 18K yellow gold screw-in security crown
WATER RESISTANCE 30 bar
INTERHORN WIDTH 24 mm
MOVEMENT Automatic winding GMT, Date
NUMBER Oris 798, base SW 330-1
DIMENSIONS Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2’’’
FUNCTIONS Centre hands for hours, minutes, seconds and 24 hours, date window, instantaneous date, date and 24 hour corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
WINDING Automatic winding, bi-directionally rotating red rotor
POWER-RESERVE 42 hrs
VIBRATIONS 28’800 A/h, 4 Hz
JEWELS 25
DIAL Blue
MATERIAL Blue dial
LUMINOUS MATERIAL Indices and hands Superluminova BG W9
STRAP/BRACELET Leather
MATERIAL Dark blue leather strap, 18K yellow gold buckle
EXTRAS Special luxury wooden presentation box, limited to 50 pieces

27830_0179877546185-Set_verticale.png

Okay, Oris. Let me check my bank balance...
BY ROB NUDDS
FEBRUARY 11, 2020
2 MIN READ
https://www.fratellowatches.com/oris...ision-in-gold/

The new Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition is really something special. Not only is it a gorgeous watch, but it also marks the moment in time Oris may have jumped the pricing shark.

You’ve heard the term, “jumping the shark,” before, right? That moment a previously credible entity goes a little bit too far and alienates its core fanbase? Well, as much as I love Oris (and the Oris Carysfort Reef LE in particular) the price may be a bit much for fans of the brand to swallow.

The term has its roots in the popular TV Show Happy Days. The Fonz, in an attempt to prove his bravery (and, apparently, to showcase actor Henry Winkler’s water skiing skills), jumps a confined shark on water skis. You might think that sounds ridiculous. You’d be right. But it’s also kind of cool. And thus we arrive at my feelings towards the CHF 17,900 price tag of this latest Oris.

Oris-Carysfort-Reef-Limited-Edition-Watch3.jpg

The Coral Restoration Foundation

This is the second model produced by Oris to support the Coral Restoration Foundation. Oris has been working with the Foundation since 2014. Together, they are working towards cleaning up the world’s oceans and raising awareness of the very real danger posed by neglecting such essential work. This model is named after Carysfort Reef in Florida. It is the only barrier reef in the USA. Sadly, its existence is under threat. Without the help of the Foundation, its days would surely be numbered.

Oris-Carysfort-Reef-Limited-Edition-Watch5.jpg

what's new is old...talking AU here busting out as new even though the ETRUSCANS used it for bridge work... and it has been a permanent store of wealth since man kept written records... and way before

- not warming to it yet...but I am sure if i see enough of it my herd instinct will kick in... I was slow with SLINKY-ETCH-A-SKETCH-HOOLA HOOP-TROLL DOLL-BEANIE BABY ( i think i remember off loading a valuable /scarce 1 before the market collapsed... TULIPOMANIA any body ? )

One very impressive, mid size, automatic, three hand, GMT, Pro Diver, from Oris. Dignified, and stylish.:dance2:Thanks Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom