This is Oris at it's Best! Oris Aquis Great Barrier Reef III Review

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l78XLt6W1j49zhrxLCNrlCcVBN-JeYpShkN8Ow=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Published on Sep 19, 2019

Horology House

Oris are on top of their game at present. With some incredibly well designed watches, at price points that are often attainable for most of us watch lover's it's a pretty simple recipe that has served them well.

While some people will question the recent Oris Propilot X release, and how the watch aligns with what currently makes Oris such a well loved brand, the Aquis collection is something that I think it's 100% Oris.

This is the Great barrier Reef III, ax watch that represents Oris's partnership with the Reef restoration program that aims to protect one of the worlds most important asset's, the great barrier Reef.

So let's take a look over this watch that not only represents this fantastic program, however it also happens to be one of the brands hottest releases for 2019, and a standout at the years Baseworld.

25266_0174377344185-Set_horizontale.png
25254_Highlighted_Features_Great_Barrier_Reef_LE_III_980x790px.jpg

25623_01_Gallery_GreatBarrierReefLimitedEditionIII.jpg

25625_02_Gallery_GreatBarrierReefLimitedEditionIII.jpg
25627_03_Gallery_GreatBarrierReefLimitedEditionIII.jpg
25621_06_Gallery_GreatBarrierReefLimitedEditionIII.jpg

REFERENCE 01 743 7734 4185-Set

CASE Oris Aquis, 43.50 mm, 1.713 inches, Stainless steel
MATERIAL Multi-piece stainless steel case, ceramic minutes scale top ring
SIZE 43.50 mm, 1.713 inches
TOP GLASS Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
CASE BACK Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings
OPERATING DEVICES Stainless steel screw-in security crown
WATER RESISTANCE 30 bar
INTERHORN WIDTH 24 mm

MOVEMENT Automatic winding small second, date developed by Oris
NUMBER Oris 743, base SW 220-1
DIMENSIONS Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2’’’
FUNCTIONS Centre hands for hours and minutes, subsidiary second at 9 h, date window, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
WINDING Automatic winding, bi-directionally rotating red rotor
POWER-RESERVE 38 hrs
VIBRATIONS 28’800 A/h, 4 Hz
JEWELS 28

DIAL Blue
MATERIAL Blue dial
LUMINOUS MATERIAL Indices and hands Superluminova BG W9

STRAP/BRACELET Stainless steel
MATERIAL Multi-piece stainless steel metal bracelet, folding clasp with extension

EXTRAS Special box, certificate, limited to 2000 pieces

there's an ongoing online debate as to whether or not the Aquis Source of Life (last year's ltd Aquis) or the GBR III is the most beautiful Oris.

its a tough choice.
oris_h.jpg

GBR-III-4.jpg

there's an ongoing debate in my head as to whether or not getting one of these could be justified since I already have an Aquis as opposed to a Dvier's 65, which I don't have.

there's an ongoing online debate as to whether or not the Aquis Source of Life (last year's ltd Aquis) or the GBR III is the most beautiful Oris.

its a tough choice.
oris_h.jpg

GBR-III-4.jpg

there's an ongoing debate in my head as to whether or not getting one of these could be justified since I already have an Aquis as opposed to a Dvier's 65, which I don't have.

I'd love to own either to add to my Oris collection. (actually both :wink:)

Oris Aquis Great Barrier Reef III – 52Mondayz, week #51-2019

BY BEN HODGES

DECEMBER 16, 2019
3 MIN READ https://www.fratellowatches.com/oris-aquis-great-barrier-reef-iii-52mondayz-week-51-2019/

The 43.5mm sizing sounds larger than it wears

The watch that caught my eye was the turquoise dial of the Aquis Great Barrier Reef III. I became infatuated with this watch but knew I had to experience it under natural light to make an informed decision whether to purchase or not. The dial has a gradient of deep blue that subtly fades into light turquoise, imitating the reefs in which its named after.

DSCF1262-3.jpg
[h=3]Aquis on the Wrist[/h] It’s been adorned on my wrist for the majority of this year whether swimming by the Cornish coast, hiking by the Scottish lochs or generally relaxing with family and friends. Well in fact, it has been my only watch purchase this year. The watch is delivered on the integrated steel bracelet but is interchangeable with a myriad of colourful rubber straps in the standard 43.5mm Oris Aquis size. The navy rubber strap with the sliding clasp has been my favourite and switching between the bracelet and strap is a cinch. This is thanks to the tri-wing screw heads that slot into the drilled lugs and secure the strap rather than relying on the tension from spring bars. The thing is, the tool has to be bought separately or kindly requested by trained Oris staff to carry out the strap change.

Thanks Joel, Happy Holidays my friend and have a happy and healthy upcoming year.

Back
Top Bottom