roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
Possibly the boldest GMT Worldtimer out there

BY BALAZS FERENCZI
DECEMBER 19, 2019
5 MIN READ

https://www.fratellowatches.com/omeg...er-sedna-gold/

omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-gmt-worldtimer-43-mm-22050432202001-1-product-zoom.png

Aqua Terra 150M Worldtimer

The Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Worldtimer is not a new model. It’s been out for two years now, but this time in full Sedna gold. This year, Omega is adding several timepieces to the family. We are talking about, and now bracelet yourselves for the name, the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M GMT Worldtimer Co-Axial Master Chronometer 43mm in Sedna gold. This specific watch sits on top of the Worldtimer family. It does not only have a solid gold case but a matching bracelet, too, making it a pretty substantial watch.

Nevertheless, the gold case is not the only remarkable feature of the Aqua Terra 150M Worldtimer. Its dial is just as exquisite and beautifully crafted. And then we have not even talked about the movement.

Omega-Seamaster-AQUA-TERRA-Worldtimer-Sedna.011.jpg
Sedna

The Aqua Terra 150M Worldtimer is a big watch, both literary and figuratively speaking. The size is 43mm, the thickness is almost 15mm (14,8mm to be precise). What is more interesting, however, is the 242g weight. Inevitably, this involves heavy parts like the dial and the movement. Yet, this – kind of – gives you an idea of what heft are we dealing with here. Cleary, the watch does not remain unrecognized when worn.

Omega-Seamaster-AQUA-TERRA-Worldtimer-Sedna.013.jpg

The case back is also mostly brushed. Though, there isn’t much of a gold surface there. The center of the back is a huge display window. I don’t mind this, the Omega caliber 8939 is a thing of beauty, and I’m happy to look at it. One thing worth mentioning is the fact that the watch is resistant to magnetic fields up to 15,000 Gauss. All this, with a display case back. We’ve come a long way since the early days of antimagnetic watches, ladies and gentlemen. On the case back, you see the model name and the water resistance rating.

Omega-Seamaster-AQUA-TERRA-Worldtimer-Sedna.005.jpg
Planet Earth

We will talk about the caliber 8939; I promise, but first, let’s stop for a second and take a closer look at the dial. A lot is going on here too. We have three parts in two layers. The outer dial is opaline silver with vertical teak stripes with a circle of global destinations in red, blue, and sedan gold. Note that right of London marked in red (GMT), you can see Bienne, the hometown of Omega. The center of the dial has a 24-hour Hesalite crystal ring where the lighter part indicates daytime and the darker nighttime. It sits a bit lower than the rest of the dial. Finally, we arrived at the Aqua Terra 150M Worldtimer’s center. Here, we see the vision of Earth as one would look down over the North Pole. This part is grade 5 titanium, laser-ablated to create the blue ocean.

Omega-Seamaster-AQUA-TERRA-Worldtimer-Sedna.015.jpg
Omega Caliber 8939

Finally, we get to the Aqua Terra 150M Worldtimer movement, the Omega caliber 8939. We are talking about a self-winding, mechanical movement with Co-Axial escapement. The 8939 has 39 jewels and a frequency of 25,200vph. The power reserve is 60 hours.

WATCH SPECIFICATIONS

Brand
Omega
Model
SEAMASTER AQUA TERRA 150M OMEGA CO-AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER GMT WORLDTIMER 43 MM
Reference
Dial
Silver
Case Material
Sedna gold
Case Dimensions
43 mm
Crystal
Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
Case Back
Transparent case back
Movement
Calibre: Omega 8939 Self-winding movement with Co-Axial escapement. Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS, resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss. GMT / Worldtimer functions.
Water Resistance
15 bar (150 metres / 500 feet)
Strap
SednaTM gold bracelet
Functions
Worldtime
Price
€33,800
Warranty
5 years

omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-gmt-worldtimer-43-mm-22050432202001-2-product-zoom.png

The superb craftsmanship of the Seamaster Aqua Terra Worldtimer can be admired yet again in this exquisite new model. Explore every corner to find stunning innovation, such as the laser-ablated central world map created on a grade 5 titanium plate.
OMEGA CO?AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER GMT WORLDTIMER 43 MM
  • Platinum on leather strap - Worldtimer
  • Sedna™ gold on Sedna™ gold - Worldtimer
  • Sedna™ gold on leather strap - Worldtimer
  • Steel on steel - Worldtimer
  • Steel on rubber strap - Worldtimer
22012432203001-r-2-large.jpg

a years salary...nice watch...reminds me when i used " plutocrat " on another site... i think i only got post deleted and a warning not the 2 week suspension i drew for profanity another tyme ...thanks fearless leader

Back
Top Bottom