Introducing a New Omega Seamaster 300M Diver ‘007’

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
OMEGA_210.22.42.20.01.004_amb_01.jpg

The 50th Anniversary of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)

BY ROBERT-JAN BROER
SEPTEMBER 24, 2019

2 MIN READ https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-seamaster-300m-diver-007/

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service is the 10th novel in the James Bond series and the 6th movie about the British spy. For this 1969 movie, George Lazenby played 007 and faced Blofeld (again).

To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the On Her Majesty’s Secret Service film, Omega introduces a special version of the Seamaster 300M Diver.

OMEGA_watchbox_04.jpg

Model
Seamaster 300M Diver

Reference

Dial
Black with gun-barrel engraving (PVD black finish), gold hour markers and hands.

Case Material
Stainless steel, Ceramic bezel

Case Dimensions
Diameter: 42mm

Crystal
Sapphire

Case Back
Transparent caseback

Movement
Caliber 8800, Power Reserve: 55 hours, Self-Winding movement, Ticking Speed: 25600vph

Water Resistance
300 Meters

Strap
Rubber strap + Stainless steel bracelet

Functions
Time, Diving bezel

Price

CHF6450.- Swiss Francs (including taxes)
$6,500 USD

Warranty
5 Years International Warranty

Special Note(s)
Limited to 7007 pieces
Steel on rubber strap

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001004-l.png
omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001004-2-product.png

DESCRIPTION
Celebrating its enduring partnership with James Bond, OMEGA has created this Seamaster Diver 300M Limited Edition timepiece presented in its own presentation box with an additional stainless steel bracelet. With only 7,007 pieces available, the 42 mm stainless steel watch has a black rubber strap and features an 18K yellow gold plate on the side of the case, engraved with each Limited Edition number.

There is a black ceramic bezel with a white enamel diving scale, as well as a spiral-brushed black ceramic dial, which has been laser-engraved with a gun-barrel design. Its centre is exactly 9mm in diameter. 18K yellow gold is used for the hands, hour-markers and Bond family coat-of-arms at 12 o’clock.

Elsewhere, the number 7 on the date disc is in the 007 font, and a secret number 50 is hidden in the luminescent material of the 10 o’clock hour-marker – a reference to the 50th anniversary of the James Bond film "On Her Majesty's Secret Service”. On the inner side of the sapphire crystal caseback, you will find the Bond family coat-of-arms metallised in gold and black. Inside, the watch is driven by the OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 8800.

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001004-gallery-1-large.jpg

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001004-gallery-2-large.jpg

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001004-gallery-6-large.jpg
omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001004-gallery-5-large.jpg

:dance2:Very cool, and impressive! :happy:Thanks Mike.:hat:

well it's above my pay grade... so my opinion is probably not relevant... tie - in to the cinema progeny of ian flemming not resonating with me...

i " respect " rifling( the technology of modern warfare introduced around the time of the civil war in rifle and cannon which allows for mass industrial destruction of men in warfare.)..however...kinda like CARBON FIBER... RIFLING just does not light me up on the dial ...also, at this price point I would abjure any kitsch or pop cultural allusion and movie tie-in...just like I prefer to shun logos, trademarks ...yes...even trying to NBZ consumption itself ( hypocritical ? sinner turned saint ? getting religion after making BROWN and the brethren of CURIOUS GEORGE deliver hundreds and hundreds of boxes to my door step ? )

jmho at this price point ...i would look for AU and purity of movement and dial since i have virtually no collection... I would be starting fresh and would seek -purity-simplicty-timelessness rather than the pizazz necessary to stimulate those with large collections-

I believe this watch is suitable for those on wall street who I have read allocate 1%-5% of their annual bonus...so jmho suitable for those in line for a bonus of 100k-650k

very nice I enjoy looking at this omega evolution line extension.. however; not packing wood for it

I do like the Bond Omegas, but I think they are over doing it...and as far as "limited editions"...anything over a few hundred is NOT limited.

It's a beauty............. Really like the font on the date wheel.

overall I like it. The Bond watches are often over the top for me. Here there are cues but to me it's not over the top. I don't love the 12 o'clock marker but that's part of the image and I don't like the screen on the back blocking the view of the movement. I'd prefer they just do the engraved caseback.

But I do like the dial and the subtle gold accents.

$1700 premium for the ltd edition though..... $1700 to get a bracelet and a strap, actual gold markers, a different box and some logoing.

I guess in the premium market its not too far over the top but I'd rather it be $5500 (a $700 premium- double O 7 that is)

Oh and at that price it should included a vintage style bond nato in black/red and gold. IMHO

overall I like it. The Bond watches are often over the top for me. Here there are cues but to me it's not over the top. I don't love the 12 o'clock marker but that's part of the image and I don't like the screen on the back blocking the view of the movement. I'd prefer they just do the engraved caseback.

But I do like the dial and the subtle gold accents.

$1700 premium for the ltd edition though..... $1700 to get a bracelet and a strap, actual gold markers, a different box and some logoing.

I guess in the premium market its not too far over the top but I'd rather it be $5500 (a $700 premium- double O 7 that is)

Oh and at that price it should included a vintage style bond nato in black/red and gold. IMHO

kitschy piece...wonder how it will hold value in years to come...

Back
Top Bottom