Thoughts on movado watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalSom116610

Tyme Teller
I have a few i like the simplistic ones and vintage but im not a fan of the bold and glitzed out new ones made in the far east. What’s u guys take on movado?
b9dc31f49b403646f9e134b50826c482.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit and finish seem to be quite nice on the ones I've seen.

Agree I also prefer the older models as well. You can always tell who has a Movado on from far away. Now after saying all this I still haven't picked one up yet but need to add one to the collection.:)

The older ones are good cuz they go for on the bay for as low as $50- and for a nice 7J eta thats not bad :)

I can *never* tell what time it is with the Movado watches that only have an hour marker at the 12:00 position. :dizzy:

Another reason i prefer the non Museum models

owned one or two the museum piece is classic Movado

Many years ago I was down to 2 choices: Movado and RW. I didn't choose the
Movado !

I've got a couple. Actually they're pretty well made and stylish. Not as into buying a lot of quartz as I was and their autos cost quite a bit.

Yeah, I just can't convince myself of the "value" of a multi-hundred dollar quartz when I know the movement cost 9 bucks in bulk.

There are a few Movados that I've seen over the years that were attractive.

I used to own an anniversary edition back in the 90's. Loved that watch. Loved the domed sapphire crystal. Especially since I'd never seen a movado with a domed crystal except for that model. Unfortunately I lost the darn thing. Tell off my wrist.

b11ef7bd55d92817b41675bfff2d1a4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

Owning a couple of Movado's I've always loved the simplicity of the TIMEpiece. But my taste has changed and I seldom wear if ever wear a 38mm case and quarts to boot. The gold electroplating wasn't the best either. O guess I'm dating myself.

Never seen that one before, very nice!

Very nice! The one i have pictured is a vintage 1980s model thats 14k case (i personally wouldn’t put a quartz in a precious metal case) that i won on ebay for $40 (parts and repair) took not much effort to switch out parts in the quartz eta, ended up costing me 115-120 in total (caseback, movement parts, band, buckle). Its not worth much over the gold weight but i nice piece i may gift or display in one of my dress watch cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom