[Pre-Order] Roadmaster Icebreaker: Reinforcing the Ultimate Explorer's Watch with 904

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member

mail
40mm | 904L Steel | Power Reserve Indicator
ROADMASTER ICEBREAKER
FORGED FROM 904L STAINLESS STEEL.

At BALL Watch Co., it’s our mission to equip the modern explorer with exceptional craftsmanship and the toughest materials. We’re proud to introduce 904L stainless steel and the new Roadmaster Icebreaker. 904L steel delivers superior corrosion resistance, virtually indestructible strength and brilliant polish. It’s extremely durable, rugged and machined to perfection. The timepiece also features our unrivalled micro gas tubes for night reading, plus a 42-hour power reserve indicator with a clever twist. The power reserve hand shares the same central pivot point on the dial as the rest of the 3 hands to create a sleek design.

The watch that once ran America’s railroads now empowers world explorers to live freely and fearlessly.

Limited to 1,000 pieces each. Exclusive price ends 4 September.
Pre-order now to select your preferred number and enjoy complimentary engraving to personalize your Roadmaster Icebreaker.

BALL Watch Company SARue du Châtelot 21
La Chaux-de-Fonds 2300Switzerland

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2001-1-1920x905-1920x905.jpg

40mm | 904L Steel | Power Reserve Indicator

ROADMASTER ICEBREAKER

904L STEEL: REINFORCING THE ULTIMATE EXPLORER’S WATCH.

Superior corrosion resistance, virtually indestructible strength and brilliant polish. The new Roadmaster Icebreaker is forged from 904L stainless steel – a material unlike any other in watchmaking. The distinctive steel is paired with luminosity like no other, resulting in the ultimate explorer’s watch built to withstand extreme conditions. The chronometer features a 42-hour power reserve indicator on its dial, while patented protection guarantees flawless performance. The watch that once ran America’s railroads now empowers world explorers to live freely and fearlessly.

Limited to 1,000 pieces each. Now available for pre-order until 4 September 2019 at an exclusive price.
PRE-ORDER NOW

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2005%20DAY-1920x1200-1920x1200.jpg

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2005%20NIGHT-1920x1200-1920x1200.jpg

EXCEPTIONALLY UNIQUE. UNDENIABLY BRIGHT.

While the brilliant polish of 904L steel is incredibly unique, the shine of micro gas tubes in all dark conditions is extraordinary. As a leader in luminosity, BALL continues its intelligent use of tritium tubes on the Roadmaster Icebreaker. Every hour marker and all three hands feature the revolutionary luminosity, ensuring critical time readings no matter when, no matter where.

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2007%20SLIDE%2001-1920x905-1920x905.jpg

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2007%20SLIDE%2002_2-1920x905-1920x905.jpg
RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2007%20SLIDE%2003_2-1920x905-1920x905.jpg

904L STEEL: BUILT FOR THE FUTURE.

At BALL Watch Co., the pursuit of toughness is never-ending. The use of 904L grade stainless steel ensures that the Roadmaster Icebreaker is extremely durable in extreme conditions. Due to its extra amounts of chromium, molybdenum, nickel and copper, 904L steel features superior resistance to corrosion, rust and acids. While its unique hardness allows it to withstand extreme conditions, it also requires special machinery and production processes in order to be shaped. Visually, 904L grade steel has a beautifully high polish and ages exquisitely well.

The implementation of 904L stainless steel only fortifies the strength and reliability of our watchmaking, as well as our unwavering desire to build the ultimate explorer’s watch.

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2009_2-1920x905-1920x905.jpg

A SHOW OF ULTIMATE PRECISION.

The Roadmaster Icebreaker is available in two calibers: a COSC certified movement or a non-COSC certified movement. The precision of the chronometer model has been tested and proven by the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute. Both movements are automatic, powered by the motion of the wearer’s everyday actions. Yet it also features a 42-hour power reserve for when the watch is unworn, while the dial features a power reserve indicator that shows the remaining hours before the movement would need to be wound by the natural movement of the wearer’s wrist or manually.

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2011-1920x905-1920x905.jpg

HANDLES ALL THE KNOCKS ALONG THE WAY.

With a case forged from 904L stainless steel, the Roadmaster Icebreaker is built for adventure everywhere. In addition to its tough material, the movement is safeguarded by our patented Amortiser® anti-shock system. In adverse conditions, ultimate performance never skips a beat. The timepiece features a see-through case back and 100m water resistance.

RMIcebreaker_DESKTOP%2013_2-1920x905-1920x905.jpg

ROADMASTER ICEBREAKER

Pre-order until 4 September 2019. Orders ship between January 2020 and February 2020, subject to Swiss product schedule and shipment. Officially available at full retail price beginning March 2020.

Roadmaster Icebreaker, COSC certified movement
USD $2,049*

Roadmaster Icebreaker, non-COSC certified movement
USD $1,799*

*Taxes excluded

PRE-ORDER NOW
https://shop.ballwatch.ch/en/ib

SPECIFICATIONS
Roadmaster Icebreaker

MOVEMENT:

• Automatic caliber BALL RR1702-C
  • 42 hours power reserve indication
  • Chronometer certified COSC
  • Or
  • Automatic caliber BALL RR1702
  • 42 hours power reserve indication
FUNCTIONS:
  • 15 micro gas tubes on hour, minute, second hands and dial for night reading capability
  • 5,000Gs shock resistance
  • Anti-magnetic to 4,800A/m
  • Water resistant to 100m/330ft
  • Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and magnified date

CASE:

• 904L stainless steel
  • Ø 40mm, height 14mm
  • Sapphire crystal transparent case back
  • Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
  • Screwed-in crown
BAND:
  • Tapered 904L stainless steel bracelet

DIAL:

• Black, blue or white

One very handsome offering, from Ball!:happy: Great statistics!:dance2:Thanks Mike.:hat:

I like this one, especially the white dial, but it seems that the pre-order Ball prices are not as good as they were over the last year.....

Every time I post these I think the same. They've changed the formula. At least they have been partnering with Gnomon for some nice deals too. I did pay $1,659.00 for my Roadmaster April 2017. This one is 904L steel, so the price is actually good IMO. Those lower prices had to be hurting the authorized dealers. Mine has the RR1201-C Ball version of ETA 2893-2, chronometer-rated and this new one is using calibre RR1702-C (base ETA 2897) also chronometer certified. This is actually in line with the price from two years ago.

nice explorer...jmho i no longer do elapsed time bezel... 40mm a hair big for me and " just too small " TWSS for DO and prob. the majority

- a little tall... wouldn't want my tool together hung up on a a glacier ( if there are any left )

-reserve de marche a cool complication imho

904 steel a boss feature...like it...but finger put to another use presently where i pray it shall remain

904L case and bracelet - pretty cool - would love to see them do a 43mm with 22mm lug version.

Back
Top Bottom