CCCP Arrives and a surprise watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
My CCCP arrived today and I also got a surprise belated Birthday gift a Nixon THE C45. Two very cool and different watches.

I have wanted a CCCP for a while and this was available on Massdrop so I grabbed one The C45 was a gift from my good friend Mandi. I have to say I like the Nixon never saw this model before.

Pics!

View attachment 8828

View attachment 8829

View attachment 8830

View attachment 8831

View attachment 8832

View attachment 8833

View attachment 8834

View attachment 8835

View attachment 8836

View attachment 8837

View attachment 8838

View attachment 8839

View attachment 8840

View attachment 8841

Last edited:
:outstand: A big congratulations, John! Two marvelous additions to the collection, for sure!:up::applaud:

Congrats on a great pair, John, and enjoy both of them!

Nice work on the CCCP. I shoulda picked that one up. Lee can lead a horse to water, but he can't make him drink......:grin

2 winners there! I really like the Ruskie

ULSnJp.gif
giphy.gif

Real solid pair Congrats and enjoy both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like the russky...rotor sez better red than dead...

Nice pair....what's the specs on the CCCP?

Not a dive watch for sure.

• Movement: Russian Slava s2427 Automatic w/ 27 Jewels
  • Movement Country of Origin: Russia
  • Case Measurements: 44mm
  • Case Thickness: 14mm
  • Crystal: Hardened Mineral
  • Crown: Push/Pull
  • Strap: Leather
  • Strap Measurements: 9-1/2" L x 22mm W
  • Clasp: Buckle
  • Maximum Wrist Size: 8-1/2"
  • Water Resistance: 5 ATM - 50 meters - 165 feet
  • Weight: 3 oz
  • Model Numbers: Black: CP-7008-03

WOW!! That's quite a haul! I genuinely like both of those, and it comes as no real surprise to me that I would; a Nixon and a CCCP go together like, well, Nixon and CHINA!! And, as Mr. Spock was once heard to say in one of those Star Trek films from the 1990's, "Only Nixon could have gone to China"...! I hope you enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of your Союз Советских Социалистических Республик and Richard Milhous Nixon watches, sir! :grin

Last night while putting them away I was wiping the finger prints off and was looking at the Nixon and it's a pretty nice watch I missed some of the detail on it the CCCP is a basic puck style watch nothing flashy but it is Russian. LOL I still would like to find the CCCP I saw at TJ Maxx they wouldn't sell me because the second hand had been knocked off. It was 99 bucks I should have just bought it and had someone put the hand back on for a few bucks.

I just received my CCCP from Massdrop (silver) and it's defective. The date doesn't change either by the quick process or by setting the time through 24 hours (just a click but the date remains the same). Pretty poor, if any, QC IMO. I mean how long does it take to push a date change button? Massdrop said they have no more and I would have a few weeks. Not in any rush but thinking of just returning rather than wait for a replacement because of this - it was a nice price but it's reflected in the quality of CCCP for sure.

dontavoidthedroid That SUCKS! Mine works fine luckily but I have gotten new watches that the date didn't set some came with dead batteries ect and I had to return them for a refund because they were out of stock. I got a used auto that the date didn't set and when you tried to screw the crown back down the hands would move. I brought to my watch guy and it was something simple with the stem he fixed it in about 5 min charged me 12 bucks. I was lucky it was cheaper than sending it back.

Both wear quite nicely on your wrist John. Great score and lookers
for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom