This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueradish View Post
    Seems like the trend in Micros is now to produce limited runs of 10-100 pieces and go thru the pre-order process either on KS or thru their own website. People seem to really want a watch with a limited quantity as they feel they have something unique and rare. This puts small to medium sized watch makers in a tough spot. Coupled with the fact that today's younger gen doesn't even acknowledged watches as timepieces, but as fashion accessories. I think the cottage industry small Micros will do ok as long as they keep overhead low and don't expect to get rich off of their efforts.
    Hey, thanks for calling me 'young' :grin

Welcome to WatchinTyme, where you don't have to wipe your feet before entering! But don't bother me because I'm on my coffee break!

Comment

Originally posted by wjmccaff View Post
      As a related sidebar: I'm wondering how Zenton is holding up? Very similar to Zixen and outside of the once-a-year 10% discount their prices have not varied.
      but the urban legend is they are sister co to helson...moved at the same time...share parts

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyB View Post
        but the urban legend is they are sister co to helson...moved at the same time...share parts
        I thought Armida was Helson’s sis? Are you saying they were triplets?
        Richard

Comment

Originally posted by takethe5th View Post
          I thought Armida was Helson’s sis? Are you saying they were triplets?

doh ! u may be right... the " lore " goes back at least 6 years...and other horo trivia might have scrambled this juicy tidbit...will wait for some one who actually knows to settle this... no need for CODE DUELLO under the cliffs of WEEHAUKEN where A BURR plunked A HAMILTON for saying BURR was amorous with his own sister- usually they just fired straight in the air to preserve honor...not this time...

Comment

Working...
          X