Zixen closing its doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where these were manufactured.

Clearly, they didn't enter into the fray of cutting their prices to the bare minimum (whether or not their manufacturing allowed that).

There may have been no choice and they may have done it to themselves, but I still hate to see them go.... :no:

-they were a top contender and they are a sentimental favorite among many of us aficionados ; and, they were even headquartered in left coast USA-

-but this tool correction has been going on for so long

- and it has appeared to me quite darwinian-

-i just don't get the feeling they were doing what it takes to survive- which is cut costs-lower prices-increase volume-

-by increasing prices in the face of falling demand they really thumbed their noses at the market and hastened their demise IMHO...and a part of me " hates to see them go "

That's sad news. Also, I wanted to grab a Nitrox one of these days. Maybe if the price goes below it's prior offering around $999, I'll grab it, but at $1695, that's not happening for me.

-they were a top contender and they are a sentimental favorite among many of us aficionados ; and, they were even headquartered in left coast USA-

-i just don't get the feeling they were doing what it takes to survive- which is cut costs-lower prices-increase volume-

-by increasing prices in the face of falling demand they really thumbed their noses at the market and hastened their demise IMHO...and a part of me " hates to see them go "

I cant disagree with any of that....

That's a shame, but looking for top dollar and not competing price wise with your completion was certainly the death nell for these folks. The hand writing was on the wall...

That's a shame, but looking for top dollar and not competing price wise with your completion was certainly the death nell for these folks. The hand writing was on the wall...

-losing 80% of sales and raising prices-- they put themselves to sleep... all nostalgia aside-

As a related sidebar: I'm wondering how Zenton is holding up? Very similar to Zixen and outside of the once-a-year 10% discount their prices have not varied.

It is sad but that is just business. It is also possible there may be something we are overlooking. What if they wanted to go under for their reasons??.....they could possibly come back someday rebranded and with another name.....who knows... :dunno:

As a related sidebar: I'm wondering how Zenton is holding up? Very similar to Zixen and outside of the once-a-year 10% discount their prices have not varied.

Yep I’m wondering as well. All they make of the 45 series is the M now, with one G45 left in stock

Seems like the trend in Micros is now to produce limited runs of 10-100 pieces and go thru the pre-order process either on KS or thru their own website. People seem to really want a watch with a limited quantity as they feel they have something unique and rare. This puts small to medium sized watch makers in a tough spot. Coupled with the fact that today's younger gen doesn't even acknowledged watches as timepieces, but as fashion accessories. I think the cottage industry small Micros will do ok as long as they keep overhead low and don't expect to get rich off of their efforts.

be-like-a-tree-stay-grounded-connect-with-your-roots-30969046.png

Seems like the trend in Micros is now to produce limited runs of 10-100 pieces and go thru the pre-order process either on KS or thru their own website. People seem to really want a watch with a limited quantity as they feel they have something unique and rare. This puts small to medium sized watch makers in a tough spot. Coupled with the fact that today's younger gen doesn't even acknowledged watches as timepieces, but as fashion accessories. I think the cottage industry small Micros will do ok as long as they keep overhead low and don't expect to get rich off of their efforts.
Hey, thanks for calling me 'young' :grin

but the urban legend is they are sister co to helson...moved at the same time...share parts

I thought Armida was Helson’s sis? Are you saying they were triplets?

doh ! u may be right... the " lore " goes back at least 6 years...and other horo trivia might have scrambled this juicy tidbit...will wait for some one who actually knows to settle this... no need for CODE DUELLO under the cliffs of WEEHAUKEN where A BURR plunked A HAMILTON for saying BURR was amorous with his own sister- usually they just fired straight in the air to preserve honor...not this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom