New Anti-Magnetic 350 meter diver series from LUM-TEC

These pics look fantastic. The renderings really didn't do all of the details justice. I don't know of another company launching a new model with such individuality of each offering. I'm used to seeing band or bracelet options and dial color options but never seen a company design different textures, indices, color,s, etc in each of the offerings. Very cool. Hoping to own one and come up with the scratch before the pre-sale prices go up. Now, after I've seen the pics, my decision on which one is more difficult. I had already thought the black dial was out but now seeing the circular texture in detail, it looks really good to me too. Decisions...decisions.

Repost from girlslikewatchestoo

Playing with fizzy stuff again

97133961_10156946443106373_7186495968664092672_o.jpg

tenor.gif

It seems procrastination makes no difference with this brand. I'll know better next time. I'll try to be more indecisive in the future before I commit. My money has been tied up since July 2019. I don't need the money, but it doesn't sit too well almost a year in production.

The worst part about it IMO is never receiving any updates on the production and delivery. I'm not impressed to say the least. I understand things happen, but at the very least keep people in the loop. Not everyone is on social media and should not have to track down what's going on anyhow. I think they shot themselves in the foot for pre-sales in the future.

I backed this project in February of 2020 and have already received several updates from this tiny micro-brand.

https://watchintyme.com/forum/watch...-production-at-the-moment?p=704236#post704236

The worst part about it IMO is never receiving any updates on the production and delivery. I'm not impressed to say the least. I understand things happen, but at the very least keep people in the loop. Not everyone is on social media and should not have to track down what's going on anyhow. I think they shot themselves in the foot for pre-sales in the future.

I backed this project in February of 2020 and have already received several updates from this tiny micro-brand.

https://watchintyme.com/forum/watch...-production-at-the-moment?p=704236#post704236

That does stink Mike that early backers like you have had to wait without many updates - hopefully the final product will be worth the wait. I would love to see more than just teaser pics - something that clearly shows what the watch looks like in daylight, and how the lume looks in the dark. I'd like the idea of the full lume version - I've owned at least a handful of lumed dials in the past but sold them all (several Deep Blue, Tempest Commodore, the latest was the Crepas Loggerhead). Why watch companies would lume the hands is beyond me - with my eyesight I have a hard time making out the time with just outline of hands and everything else lume. With the 350m-4 I love that the hands and hour markers are blacked out and the rest of the dial lumed - and I'm guessing that this lume will be impressive. Hoping to see better pics of all 4 models while the preorder pricing is still active.

Thanks Rob. I originally had the one below ordered, but changed it in December of 2019 to the full lume version. Bes was very helpful with that and explained to me the luminosity strength of the various models. They all look great the more I see of them. Good luck on the color choice if you should decide to pick one up.

84083938_10156675507821373_5624039462548799488_o.jpg

Thanks Rob. I originally had the one below ordered, but changed it in December of 2019 to the full lume version. Bes was very helpful with that and explained to me the luminosity strength of the various models. They all look great the more I see of them. Good luck on the color choice if you should decide to pick one up.

84083938_10156675507821373_5624039462548799488_o.jpg

Mike - can you share what Bes told you about the luminosity strengh of the various models? That may help sway my decision - thanks for any insight that you can share.

Mike - can you share what Bes told you about the luminosity strengh of the various models? That may help sway my decision - thanks for any insight that you can share.

Here it is Rob. I hope it sheds some light to help. Compared to what I have in my collection, the dial colors were unique looking and I liked the vampire/shark tooth makers better than the square ones on this design.

That is a good question. We have observed and we have hard data that the purest form of C3 is the best
perfoming luminesce currently available. The orange is very close in output. However, the output is directly
proportional to the amount of material used so the 350M-4 will be orders of magnitude brighter than the 350M-
3. If I were to compare 350M-1 vs 350M-3, the 350M-1 will only be marginally brighter.
Alternatively, once we have the dials in hand, we will post numerous pictures. If you wish to switch up your
order, it will not be an issue.

Regards,
Bes Luga
General Manager

49839892837_4565d13a7f_c.jpg

Thanks Mike - that helps - I'm definitely considering the 350M-4 full lume dial. This is the last full lume dial that I owned (Crepas)- the lume lasted all night, it's just in the middle of the night if I needed to read the time, everything blended together and I couldn't make out the hour and minute hands. I do love the contrast of the hands/hour markers on the 350M-4.

IMG_2208 by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

good observation on full lume dial... in the middle of the night it's all a blur... ( sounds like college )

surprised to hear BELLA profer that ORANGE is only a nose behind C3...of course...it aint the meat it's the motion... translation... when you put a lot on ( multiple paint layers ) you get a brighter lume

The 350m-4 sure looks great - it seems the hour markers may be applied and have some dimension to them (from the computer rendering it just looked like the black hour markers were painted). One thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the bracelet. I believe it is pin & collar, and on the ratcheting clasp there are not the 3 micro-adjustments that many other bracelets have (so may need to extend the ratcheting clasp to get that "perfect fit"). This one though seems like it would be great on a black Isofrane.

Lum-Tec 350m-4 by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

Lum-Tec 350m-4 (2) by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom