Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWISS Made Mirage Tourbillon Halo will be priced roughly at $12k USD

41mm diameter, 45mm L2L and 9.5mm thick without crystal

I’m proud to unveil the Zelos: Mirage, the ‘halo’ model of the brand. Just some quick pics from my phone which probably doesn’t do it justice! This project was born as I’ve always loved the idea of a tourbillon ever since I started collecting watches. Even though Chinese tourbillons are increasingly common now, I firmly believe the quality of the Swiss made tourbillons still have an obvious edge.

The movement used in the Mirage is a fully skeletonised and Swiss made flying tourbillon from La Joux Perret, a movement company who owns Arnold and son and Angelus. Similar tourbillons from these brands cost 30k and up. They also supply movements to other big names in the Swiss watch industry like Hublot, bremont or Panerai. This tourbillon is handwound and has a 60hr power reserve with blued screws.

This edition will have 10 pieces (and this extra prototype), across 3 different case materials. It will be available in titanium, Timascus and Mokume Gane. This means that each version will only have 2-3 examples available.

A sapphire dial is also used, along with a high double domed sapphire crystal.

The final editions will feature black plated bridges for added contrast.

The Mirage will be priced roughly at $12k USD which I understand is much higher than any of the current range. It’s meant to showcase the brand’s abilities, hence the ‘halo’ tittle.

https://www.lajouxperret.com/

https://www.lajouxperret.com/nos-pro...on-manufacture

https://www.lajouxperret.com/la-manufacture

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

That's a sweet timepiece. I would've felt Elshan would've decorated the bridges on this. Kind of has an industrial feel. Hey Mike,me and you can split it. I have it for 6 months, then you have it for 6 months.

Comment

• roadwarrior
      roadwarrior commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the Timascus and Mokume Gane cases Steve. Which one do you like best?

• scantor
      scantor commented
      Editing a comment
      Both too Mike.If I had only one choice it would be the bluish one then I would need a blue leather strap. The Brown goes better with the Brown strap.

For twelve grand I could get both of these and still have $2,255.00 left over.

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• scantor
      scantor commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Zelos watches. I wouldn't spend 12k for a Zelos watch, but maybe a higher end brand.If I was rich and I mean rich maybe, but you get my point

Very cool indeed, but way outside my financial radius.Thanks Mike.

Comment

Great looking watch I can't see buying without some help from lotto balls.

Comment

Working...
      X