WatchReport Review: Zelos Hammerhead II Dive Watch-Zelos Continues To Impress!

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
44mm, 48mm L2L, 17mm thick,22mm lugs

Jan 20, 2020

AGF-l79vLhKCdRUf311ljMC7zmTxbuCzbZtsgfVmdQ=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Photo-Jan-17-4-47-56-PM-2048x1365.jpg

WatchReport.com

Zelos has updated the Hammerhead and here our look at the Forged Carbon Dial Stainless Model.
Be sure to check out our full review as well, and the Zelos website for all the Hammerhead options.

44mm Case
22mm Lug Width
48mm Lug to Lug
17mm Thick including Crystal
15MM Thick Excluding Crystal

Written review link: https://www.watchreport.com/a-look-a...hammerhead-ii/

Photo-Jan-15-5-11-26-PM-2048x1365.jpg

The Hammerhead II comes in a crazy amount of variations, too many to list here, but the ones that stood out to me are the Meteorite dial and bezel and the one I have in hand, the carbon dial. The carbon dial is listed as “forged carbon”, which is really just carbon fiber mixed with resin and creates this unique look. Because of the manufacturing process, no two will be exact. I chose the carbon to review because I have reviewed the titanium meteorite version in the past and even though the meteorite bezel insert was a new addition, this forged carbon dial has never been done on a Hammerhead before, and I thought it would be good to showcase it.

Photo-Jan-17-4-37-38-PM-scaled.jpg

The domed sapphire crystal does have an internal AR coating of course, but because of it being domed, it makes it difficult to capture the dial at times. It really is a beautiful dial and at first, I was not sure about the use of yellow and vintage lume coloring, but in person it really does pop and all silver and black might have been too monochromatic. Zelos also kept the Hammerhead II uncluttered with text and put the date a the 6 o’clock position, a favorite of mine.

As with many microbrands these days, it is all about options. Zelos is no different. I appreciate that they are giving customers so many options, but it can also be a little overwhelming for someone to have to decide, and I can’t imagine it is easy for the brand either. Beyond all the dial colors, let’s not forget this is also available in bronze, different bezel materials and you can decide between two movements (Seiko NH35 OR ETA 2892). There will be an external difference depending on the movement you choose-NH35 will get a solid case back with Hammerhead Sharks as shown below and the ETA will have an exhibition case back with a custom rotor.

Photo-Jan-15-5-17-54-PM-scaled.jpg

One dynamite offering from Zelos!:happy:Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom