The Hammerhead 2 1000m is now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scantor View Post
    Just ordered 2 watches. This is what I purchased.

Swiss Eta 2892.

NH35.
    It's a good thing you grabbed the SS when you did Steve. Congrats!
    "Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• scantor
      scantor commented
      Editing a comment
      That wrist shot looks awesome.Nice dial. I hope I get a nice one. I knew these would go fast. I wonder how many were made.

Meteorite showers (photos courtesy of Gio Min)

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• scantor
      scantor commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like the appoxy is holding up.

• roadwarrior
      roadwarrior commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm surprised you don't have yours yet Steve. This variation seems to be in the hands of many who ordered, even on stateside.

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• scantor
      scantor commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike I'm still waiting on the carbon dial one. Hopefully it will be here soon.

Saying a helium escape valve is an upgrade is a joke. It's something IMO that only weakens the water resistance to the case by drilling an unnecessary hole in the case. It is basically useless for most people, even a recreational diver.

The helium release valve is one of the most overused and misunderstood components found on watches today. While it does no harm to include one, its function is extremely specific and only matters at all if you happen to be a commercial diver (that bothers to wear a watch). It's high time we cut through the mythology, so here's the low down on the helium release valve.

Brands large and small continue drilling extra holes in their cases and then touting the extreme capabilities of these watches, often erroneously associating the component with deeper depths and safer diving. Meanwhile, many naïve watch buyers assume that a dive watch without a helium release valve is somehow inferior and they therefore seek out this feature above others.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/op...release-valves

The more I see this meteorite bezel, the less I like it. It's different, but the markers seem to get lost in the light.

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I agree Mike about the Meteorite. I opted to go with the Teal 2824 HH. It was the last one.

Comment

• roadwarrior
        roadwarrior commented
        Editing a comment
        I noticed you snagged the last one Stan. Big congrats man!

A good shot of the meteorite bezel by P. Knox

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
      X