Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Spec Monster Diver! The Axios Ironclad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Spec Monster Diver! The Axios Ironclad!

Just One More Watch
    Published on Aug 10, 2019

I love a specced up microbrand diver! There is very little that can touch a good one on a dollar for dollar basis, and this Axios is a good one. Not a design that grabs you by the teeth, but they can hardly be blamed for going a bit conservative on a first effort. Cheers, Jody

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

If I should snag one the green will probably be my choice. It's a color I have the least of in my collection.

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A very handsome looking design, to be sure. Thanks for posting this up, Mike.

Comment

everything seems good.. but boring..... IMHO
        "It had to start somewhere, It had to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?"

Comment

LOL. I'll take boring all day every day over some of the non-boring stuff. Boring watches like the Axios will never be attention grabbers which I also prefer. No one will ever be mistaken for a basement dwelling predator pervert showcasing a penis dial either.

Every person has their own style parameters, but some of the best swelling watches are boring.

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thinking of getting the Black Dial, Gilt hands and markers (Tudor Black Bay 58 lookalike) Version, at a much better value than the similar NTH vintage black, I was considering. My 2nd choice would be the green. At $399, and with Elshan standing behind the launch, I’am In for one.
            Remember yesterday, Dream about tomorrow, but Live for Today.

Mark

Comment

I think green would be my choice too!
              Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

Comment

Originally posted by daycoo2 View Post
                A very handsome looking design, to be sure. Thanks for posting this up, Mike.

TOOL musings in the wee small hours E.S.T. as we hurdle towards autumnal equinox in the catskill park...brrrr.... JODI down under is sponsored so a review nuanced by swag or lucre...in his favor he disclosed this up front ... ( since there is no legal requirement to disclose...just remember that probably many or most " reviews " are sponsored or paid )... that said...EISHAN TANG got virtue and is a skilled asian contractor IMHO and maybe has nosed the portugee and iberian micros... for the #1 spot tool micro value king...

-as I have posted wanna ring the register in the tool biz ka-ching ? copy the #1 recognized tool king ROLLIE wears that crown.. ( independent designs are always a gamble and the asian contract watch business is perilous at best anyway i.e hazardous to your wealth & health ) .so here i thought maybe EISHAN was going for the fitty corn fed wrist endowed addict crowd with a " spec monster " ...much to my relief he is going back to the 80's and 90's SPOT ON SIZE TRENDING with a 40mm 46mm 20mm... I still can't wear it...'cause after a decade of pulling that trigger hundreds of tymes.. I have gone back to the 40's and do 34mm ...and go bare plenty " cali calay oh fraptuous day "... also ...that bracelet protruding middle link gives it size above it's dimensions...wearing big up to 48mm-50mm...

yes ROAD WARRIOR green is the NEW BLUE.. green is a more martial color as countries have changed the dialog from 1 world kumbaya to " trade wars " shrill nationalism...and gonna show a little reticence on what's next....( when the genie is out the bottle these things usually escalate...man was not evolved to show enlightenment sentiment... evolution requires alpha males to prevail... strong gets it all... weak loses all ..nature and evolution are not touchy ...feely )... in the next decade blue, the most popular dial over the last decade... will look about as fresh as bell bottoms, leisure suits, and smelly polyester floral disco shirts...

and i too ROAD WARRIOR abjure penis dials and size fit for the lord humungous...because i do not want attention in crowds... do not want to talk to strangers " are u an addict ? i WAS an addict blah blah blah ...do u stay up all night watching shopping TV and then get a watch boner and buy something on impulse ? " yeah...i did that plenty ...but now... maybe trying to leave enough so my kids won't have to take up a collection for my cremation and buy an urn at the store from benton , ark. instead of a coffee can

-final word... for a fella looking for a value king design of the #1 tool...from an ethical purveyor... with ethical specs... looks like good value if u do not mind KS and FEBRUARY delivery 2020...

-me i only got 1 or 2 now... no longer do divers... can't handle the weight like DARK OVERLORD's mother...and maybe next year or 2021 will buy a 3 hand 34mm-37mm no elapsed time bezel from german micro or swiss... after that long delayed recession or worse... hits and passes...

Comment

Meet the Spec Monster - The Axios Ironclad. 1005% funded on Kickstarter.

Named after the eponymous battleships that changed the face of naval warfare in the 19th century, the Ironclad is a classic 500m steel Swiss automatic diver that is built to thrive against adversity.

With a robust build and scratch-resistant hardened plating, the Axios Ironclad will be a worthy companion for wherever you find yourself.

Pre-order now at reduced prices
                  $469.00

https://axioswatches.com/collections/ironclad?fbclid=IwAR3yA20vy14NDVeztuWQpY3vwgcuZlrZ4aQro2DAmJqogDXjmyMazJvZA10

https://watchintyme.com/forum/watch-...80%93-ironclad

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i like the Tudor like rendition (black w/red triangle) or the Hulk. I don't think they are to boring.

Comment

Working...
                    X