Pre-order open Eagle Ray. $499.50-$607.50 with full payment. Meteorite option added.

Fedex delivered mine to a neighbour but didn't leave a card saying where, and my immediate neighbours say they haven't got it. The online signature doesn't vaguely match the name given either. Hopefully it can be sorted out, but not a great start thanks to Fedex

I spent the morning waiting for FedEx. The driver and tracking e-mail I received claims they made a delivery attempt at 9:42 am, but no one knocked or left a door tag at my address. They obviously misread the address. Thankfully no one was home to receive my package, but that's assuming any attempt was ever made at all at someone else's house. Customer service reps and supervisor have no way to directly communicate with the driver or dispatch.:banghead: Until I have the package, I'll have concerns about it being delivered to the wrong address.

tenor.gif

FedEx just called me and said the driver was outside my house. I laughed and said that's funny, I'm outside now talking to my neighbor. FedEx ... Hold on, I have the driver on the phone. A few minutes later a guy walks up the street. I asked him if he was here earlier and he says yeah, but no one was home. I said BS. It's obvious you went back to the wrong address. I scribble my name and he asked my last name, he can't read the scribble. I laughed and told him even if I printed it, what's the difference, you obviously don't know how to read. I have all the patience in the world for someone who makes an honest mistake. That goes away when they lie to cover their own butt. Someone who is too dimwitted to understand that concept, shouldn't be dealing with the public. What's even more alarming is someone operating a vehicle who can't read the signs on the road.

ToMCn9.jpg

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I received one of my packages late yesterday and the other before 10 am this morning.

I'm only planning on keeping one of them, so if anyone is interested, I have a white dial, no date, 2824 version available. I just looked at the watch, did not size, wear or unwrap. Will sell for what I paid($500), you cover paypal and shipping.

tenor.gif

FedEx just called me and said the driver was outside my house. I laughed and said that's funny, I'm outside now talking to my neighbor. FedEx ... Hold on, I have the driver on the phone. A few minutes later a guy walks up the street. I asked him if he was here earlier and he says yeah, but no one was home. I said BS. It's obvious you went back to the wrong address. I scribble my name and he asked my last name, he can't read the scribble. I laughed and told him even if I printed it, what's the difference, you obviously don't know how to read. I have all the patience in the world for someone who makes an honest mistake. That goes away when they lie to cover their own butt. Someone who is too dimwitted to understand that concept, shouldn't be dealing with the public. What's even more alarming is someone operating a vehicle who can't read the signs on the road.

Glad you got them both home safely. That could have been a bad outcome.

Clarification on the water resistance information on the Prometheus Eagle Ray

You are receiving this email as you have pre-ordered a Prometheus Eagle Ray.

You may have noticed that the case back of the watch states its water resistance is rated to 500m and the dial is of 300m.

The watch has been engineered and tested to 500m. However during tests it was noticed that after a few tests on the same watch the crown that operates the internal bezel would start to wear faster after exposure to 50ATM (500m pressure).

It was therefore decided that the watch would be labelled instead as 300m water resistance (avoiding crown fatigue).

As this was decided after casebacks were made there is a mismatch between dial and case back information.

However this does not compromise whatsoever the water resistance rating of watch and can be used safely without any fatigue up to 300m. More than that pressure crown fatigue may occur though the watch is able to withstand it during submerge.

PROMETHEUS WATCH COMPANY

www.prometheuswatch.com

Since 2008

Put mine (black GMT, no date) on Ebay for cost price.
UK seller. Solely cos I've bought my grail Eterna Kontiki bronze in the meantime so can't justify keeping it.

Put mine (black GMT, no date) on Ebay for cost price.
UK seller. Solely cos I've bought my grail Eterna Kontiki bronze in the meantime so can't justify keeping it.

I didn't think about if the GMT models had been shipped yet.

You're correct Steve about the GMT versions being delayed.

This was from 04/01/2019

The first batch to arrive will be the ones with the 2824-2 version. The 2893-2 GMTs will be shipped out on a second batch as assembly and QC checks are more time consuming.

The only ones I've seen listed for sale on WR and eBay have all been the three hand 2824-2 version.:dunno:

I've seen Gmt's from people on Prometheus FB. Both my 2824 and GMT will be coming on Wednesday.

I've seen photos on FB, but have seen none for sale myself yet of the GMT versions.

I'm assuming you have to take photos in order to sell something on eBay.:think:

51_folded_thumb_black.png

I received my silver dial GMT this morning. This watch is stunning. The blend of brushed and polished surfaces is gorgeous. The bracelet is heavy and matches the watch well, but I do agree the clasp is large. No worries, that is a 1 minute swap with a similar width clasp. True to my nature, I have already started changing straps. I thing it looks pretty good on a straight end beads of rice and a ray strap. I added a family photo with a Piranha as well. This is my new travel watch with the GMT feature. This was highly anticipated and worth the wait!

attachment.php

I've seen several complaints about the WR difference on the dial and case back being different. If it bugs someone that much, sell the watch. IMO the main thing is the 300 meters /1000 ft or 30 ATM on the dial matches the CAD photos and prototypes. If it was the other way around I suppose it would be an issue for me because the dial is the first thing you look at for the WR rating. I posted photos back in November in this thread and it showed the 500m on the case back as well.

View attachment 19818I thought what Steve was saying was that he didn't know that the GMT were shipped yet. They have been and this picture was taken off Prometheus Watch Company Timepieces. I didnt say I saw the GMT for sale.

Yes, I didn't know the GMT models had also shipped.
cookuk stated he had put his up on Ebay. I didn't know they were out already.
And I couldn't find any for sale.

Anyone in Europe going to sell their white face GMT?
I had a query on my ebay auction, but they would prefer a white face rather than black.

Back
Top Bottom