The trick we met 9 years ago 5 Steps to dishonor an agreement elegantly or take an estimated Brand

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Step 1.
Target a brand, show them passionate and humorous.

Step 2.
Sign the contract and agreement. Tell them You can meet the requirement a lot better easily.

Step 3.
Give the brand a new story. Convinced the Brand owner if you fulfill the Argreement.
Only result is kill the Brand. You wish the brand in every success.

Step 4.
Ask the Brand Forgot about the contract and agreement. New ground rules set up are necessary for the bright future.
Again tell them it's all for the brand. You are here just to help.

For example :

"Without your agreement, we cannot continue to invest more of our own time and money to this US Launch operation."

Or

"The OM logo remains Thomas’ intellectual property. OM has Thomas’ permission to use it on its website, but not anywhere else, or on OM watch dials without
Thomas’ permission."

Step 5.
In this step. The Brand may became your property or just leave elegantly.

To whoms may not knew. This what we experienced 9 years ago. The plan runner continue bash us all these years.
Telling peoples we dishonor the agreement. No integrity, and his works taken.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Another side of prospect. The last 3 emails :[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]17th, Jan[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]the FUTURE... is NOW
2011/8/4 thomas han [email protected]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Justin,

I have always understood your concerns, and I am ever mindful of them. Why? Yes, I think too much. I am a thoughtful person. You need this quality in somebody on your team.
Again, I can only ask you to have some faith that I am working to secure the best path for OM's entry into the US market. I ask you to be a little more patient, and work WITH me. Pre-Orders are coming in.
We have received Prepayments. Many people are contacting Jay through his website. How many replies there are on any WUS thread is not an indication of anything. Many people simply read, then contact. You know how Watchwear found you? WUS. More will come. Please be patient. I intend to speak with Jeff at Watchwear soon.

I am not negative. I have ALWAYS been open to ALL possibility. I am ONLY careful about the timing of our actions.
Jay and I will need a clear and positive GO AHEAD from you to continue accepting Pre-orders.
Jay is also waiting for your irrevocable OK to invest in his website design
- he has a designer ready to do this work. But as it cost a lot of money, he needs your agreement to the ground rules that I have drawn up for all of us. Without your agreement, we cannot continue to invest more of our own time and money to this US Launch operation. This is how Jay and I are doing the initial phase of our US operation.

1. We will upload some videos on Youtube.
2. Jay and I will continue to interface with our customer base.
3. We will continue to shape the image of OM watches to create an aura of exclusivity, special design, and scarcity.
4. Jay will re-do his WEBSITE, with one page devoted fully to OM watches.
Jay has a designer ready to do this.

Jay is waiting for your final confirmation that the US operation will go ahead.* OM_USA would like to continue the operation on the path it is now on.

FOR NOW. OM_USA is open to all future possibilities, and is willing to take action pending right time for such opportunities.
OM_USA is willing to cooperate with the CEO in every way possible to enhance the brand’s presence in the US market.
As there are now other players who have joined in the operation, and more will join in the future, I have drawn up the following ground rules and recommendations in order to increase efficiency and productivity for all of OM and OM_USA’s operation.
These rules also concern conditions for the purpose of contacting, securing, and reaching an agreement with big online retailers in the future.

GROUND RULES:

1. MCWW will have a minimum of 6 – 12 months of head start before Thomas makes any deal with a retailer. However, Thomas may establish contact with a retailer at any time prior to that so as to form a relationship in advance.

2. A/S for watches sold by retailers: Two options – A & B (A) Jay will service them but will charge for labor at a rate of $40/hr. You will supply all the required parts free of charge, and bear the shipping cost of those parts. (B) The retailer will ship all the defective watches back to you. (The customer will simply exchange for a replacement or refund.)

3. All watches sold to retailers will be at wholesale prices that Thomas will determine.

4. ALL retailers must sell at no less than a minimum price Thomas will set for them.

5. All watches delivered to Jay (MCWW): if any are found mechanically defective, Jay will only replace the movement. If more work than this is required, Jay will ship it back to you. Watches with cosmetic damage, dents, etc, for example – will be returned to you. You pay all return shipping, and bear the cost of shipping replacements to Jay.

6. Thomas will contact whatever stores and A/S centers in the US and Canada -- online or real – at the time of Thomas’ choosing, when it is MOST advantageous to do so for the purpose of increasing sales and OM brand image, or at least without harming the brand’s image.

7. Thomas will establish and oversee all relationships with retailers. Thomas will renegotiate or terminate the relationship if their way of doing business in any way harms the best interest of OM_USA.

8. Thomas will correct the English text on OM website only upon direct request from you.

9. The OM logo remains Thomas’ intellectual property. OM has Thomas’ permission to use it on its website, but not anywhere else, or on OM watch dials without Thomas’ permission.

10. Thomas will notify Justin of all new important developments and contacts. Thomas will not take any important action without first notifying the CEO. Thomas will notify you of all and any need for sudden changes in the status quo if such changes are deemed desirable or necessary for the purpose of increasing OM_USA’s sales and/or operational advantage, or protecting its image.

I recommend that you:
1. Buy and pay for, a banner on WUS – since the banner is for promoting YOUR company’s name.
2. Set aside for the US market a minimum of 30 pieces of EVERY model you produce. For the first year of operation, it would be safest to reserve them for MCWW for up to 2* months. This duration is expected to get much shorter (30 days) as business picks up.
3. Refer all queries to my attention or Jay’s, without disclosing spec details or retails prices of any model when asked by individual buyers.

In good faith,
Thomas COO, OBRIS MORGAN _ USAn
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Friday, August 5, 2011 10:35 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Thomas,

I love you personally, You are humor and so kind person.
Most important, Your behavor have art sense.
You know I love anything about design and art.
However, I can't accept the rule.
Because when we begin to contact. I tell and explain the rule to be distributor in U.S.
Not OM follow your rule.
I feel so sad you tell me this now.
Honestly, I don't want one day you tell me I can't use the logo.
I used the logo on warranty card and label. I will re-print everything.
That will take off from web within this week. I will arrange.

During this year, You are not the only one ask for distributor, but you disappointed me.

You didn't keep your words. You tell me reserve dietfried, but did you take 1 pcs?
You said that was good idea to using impact case. Therefore I ordered. And now you tell me I have to get your approvel to use the logo.

Moreover, did I wrote and explain the rule clearly when we start to co-operate?
Did I cheat you or something??

Why today you will give me your rule??

Please ask quote from Giovin watch factory to see how much is the cost for 500 pcs order to check my profit margin. 5 or 10 buck? 40 USD/Hour for replacing movement?? crazy

Do you know that I am very willing to reserve stock for you at the beginning.
However, I found some cases happened.

You did asked me to reserve dietfried.
Do you know what's the meaning of it? I have to refuse other people's orders.
However, you just tell me you not gonna to sell. That's it. But you forgot I reserved for you.
And your words.

And then the impact case. Yes the sample has problems.
But the factory solved it. I order 1000 pcs, I pay for it. You cancelled the order just give me some explaination. Why don't you said that before I ordered??
Why you don't tell me something like the package is not important??
You forgot your words again.

And then helmuth. You said that looks great. And then Jay said there's no 24 marks and will not accept by serious collector. Do you remember that? but finally you blame on me why not reserve for you.

Finally, I care customers buying experience. If the stock's here why you do pre-sales and let them wait for a month? Strategy?
Because you and Jay do not want 1 dollar investment.

Do you know that. When I get some enquirey within U.S and Canada region.
I transfer the enquirey to you not because I need you to contact. I just want to keep your rights.
Can I take the orders myself? why not?

Honestly, I don't want to upset you,
so I would not complain to you before.
I think it's enough.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]August 6, 2011 12:36 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Justin,

Thank you for your response. So it must end like this. It is indeed regrettable.
Never even having met each other in person, and communicating only by email in trying to complete a project as big as this was bound to cause small gaps in understanding, expectations, assumptions....
but now these small gaps have slowly become a canyon over time.
Looking back, I now see that this kind of work is almost impossible when we are not in the same, discussing about, looking at, and touching the same things. Descriptions and photos can only do so much.
I find it particularly regrettable that we disappointed each other so deeply despite our goodwill and hope.
I believe that our cultural differences were instrumental as one of the main causes of the gap in our mutual expectations. I did feel this even at the very beginning but I was hoping we could overcome them in time. Alas, it was not to be. Know that I admire your strong will and focus: you have built a brand that will go far.

I wish you every success.
Thomas

PS: Unfinished business: your response requested
1. Jay has received many orders. He would like still like to honor his commitment to his buyers. He will place this order if you'd be willing to accept this order.
2. I would also like to return to you 2 watches* that are partially defective.
I would appreciate it if you would credit me toward the purchase of the watches that are in the pre-sale order – if you will still honor it.
* Dietfried: Cannot change the time.
* Telesto: Has stopped running completely.
3. I will officially announce on WUS my resignation as the COO of OM_USA.
[/FONT]

Clarification:

We are not factory owned watch brand.
We do not have any special connection to any of watches / parts factory/company having
any special price offer or priority arrangement.

Thank you for your attentions.

84822015_2938359566228110_903570568282898432_n.jpg

Interesting... But not meeting face to face initially and as thing progress especially when you live in two different countries and cultures is a business disaster waiting to happen. (as I see it)

Back
Top Bottom