• You may experiece a service interruption April 27th, as we update our servers. The update is scheduled for: Start Date: Saturday, April 27th at 01:00 AM EST End Date: Saturday, April 27th at 09:00 AM EST. Thank you for your patience.

Scorpionfish V2 opened for sale 09/25/19 limited quantities October delivery

The weird thing with the SF is having a double helium valve. Crepas had used a crown on the six o'clock lug side. Borealis turned lemons into lemonade by making that hole into a helium valve. The more holes drilled into a case doesn't help the WR and only adds one more place that could possibly leak.

283388938.jpg

BOREALIS%2BScorpionfis%2B03.jpg

Borealis Scorpionfish Black Dial Plongeur Hands
BSFBDP

Borealis Scorpionfish Black Dial Plongeur Hands BSFBDP
The Borealis Scorpionfish 2000m Automatic Diver Watch is a diver watch manufactured by Borealis Watch Company that compliments the family of Borealis diver watches. It is powered by a Japanese Made Miyota 9015 Automatic movement.

The watch features a stainless bezel with ceramic insert filled with BGW9 lume, double domed sapphire glass, 316L stainless steel case, double helium valve and a high quality 316L stainless steel bracelet.

The Miyota 9015 automatic movement is manufactured by Citizen Miyota in Japan and it is an automatic movement with 24 jewels and 28800 bph.

It is a high grade slim movement designed built and manufactured with 21st Century technologies.

The DNA of the Borealis Scorpionfish watch is based on very classical designs and it is manufactured with the best materials and technologies available in market exuding exclusiveness and tradition among diver watches being also at the same time one of the most exclusive and affordable automatic diver watches available in market and powered by one of the most modern watch movements in market the venerable Miyota 9015.

Borealis Scorpionfish Automatic Diver Watch with Miyota 9015 Specifications:

Case Size: 42.50mm x 49 mm
Screwed down crown
Double Domed Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
Thickness: 14.50 mm
120 clicks unidirectional bezel with ceramic insert filled with BGW9 lume
Made in Japan Citizen Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement
316L Stainless Steel Case
Lug Width: 24.00 mm
Water Resistance: 2000 meters
Antimagnetic: 4,800 A/m
High quality bracelet that tapers from 24mm to 20mm at buckle
Buckle engraved with diver extension
Swiss Made BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and bezel
Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
12 months warranty
$490

The original SF used the same case as Crepas L'océan.

page10-1004-full.jpg
page10-1008-full.jpg

Mesures
-Diameter of bezel: 41,50mm
-Diameter of case: 42,50mm
-Thickness: 14,50mm
-Length: 49,00mm
-Thickness of glass: 3,80mm
-Diameter of crystal: 32,00mm
-Space between lugs: 24mm
-Diameter of crown: 8,00mm
-Thickness of bezel: 3,15mm
-Thickness of back cover: 2,30mm
-Weight without bracelet: 105 grams

Materials
-Case, bezel, crown and case back made from 316L Stainless Steel. Polished and brushed finish
-Sapphire crystal glass and sapphire bezel insert
-Gaskets of case and crystal made of Viton and Tefzel respectively
-Nylon strap
-Solid stainless steel bracelet
-Phosphorescent elements of dial, bezel and hands treated with SuperLuminova C1

Features
-Swiss movement by ETASA model 2824-2
-Water-resistant to 120 atmospheres/1.200 metres. Screw-down case back and crown.
-Antimagnetic: 4,800 A/m
-Scratch-resistant domed crystal with anti reflective coating
-120 positions bezel
-Numbered edition limited to 313 timepieces

:)Interesting indeed! :wink:Thanks for the updated information, Mike.:hat:

I feel like I should like this more than I do. I'm a sucker for dive watches but there's something about this that isn't singing to me. I can't put my finger on it though.

For me it's those awful end links. Don't match the lugs at all. Prototype so I'm sure there will be improvements.

Edit: Pictures rw posted of the original, end links are better.

:dance2:Handsome, and very impressive! :happy:Thanks Mike.:hat:

It's live and liking this design a lot. I will regret my pass on this!

Had the (Version1) White Dial Scorpionfish, Sold it, the case was too flat and the lug overhang was way too much for my 7”wrist. Also the hands, in the sunlight, appeared poorly rough brushed finished. I contacted Borealis about my hands finish concern, but never received any response.

Had the (Version1) White Dial Scorpionfish, Sold it, the case was too flat and the lug overhang was way too much for my 7”wrist. Also the hands, in the sunlight, appeared poorly rough brushed finished. I contacted Borealis about my hands finish concern, but never received any response.
I appreciate the information. My wrists are bout 16cm and is L2L 49mm same as V1?

Just arriving and I’m in love. It’s also amazing how other microbrands that I won’t name will sell watches with same or less specs than this one for $680-750 or more.

9b1c7bf0e55513982c88885c85cce06e.jpg
f9afc5fc9b3bc8c2b06d3e35262316ec.jpg
4a30211052b3e3c350e549a0fe276930.jpg

c757ec18e1411aa9be2ffae338793d90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all companies have the same price structure. There are fans of all price ranges and different companies. Borealis also takes shortcuts too sometimes. On version one they used the same case as Crepas and took the lazy/cheaper route by adding a second helium valve where the crown was.

Not all companies have the same price structure. There are fans of all price ranges and different companies. Borealis also takes shortcuts too sometimes. On version one they used the same case as Crepas and took the lazy/cheaper route by adding a second helium valve where the crown was.

This statement couldnt be further from the truth and its a perfect example of what happens when we assume.

First off, Borealis was offered the cases after Crepas couldnt fulfill their contract with them due to the little demand they had. This isnt the same case, by the way.

Secondly, Carlos never ever wants a crown at 9 or 6 o clock so it wasnt the lazy route, it was the right route for him.

Thirdly, shortcuts ? Really ? Like paying extra for sapphire bezel inlays or ceramic, domed sapphire, polished edges, fitted end links, custom bracelet, etc... and offering them for hundreds less than the other microbrands made by same factories ? Some of which dont even include a bracelet and charge so much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom