Now available for pre-order Borealis Navale CuSn8 Bronze

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
45765409_2514805151870153_9203309020549480448_n.png

Last edited:
Similarities to that Makara Sea Turtle II with the additions of a 4 o'clock stem and dive bezel. Borealis has a much better dial and hands.

yBlFaCgRSNmyahtZ47o9_AI7B0155-copy.jpg

I had been considering the Sea Turtle. Like the basic design of the case. But the lack of the things the Borealis, and the Zelos, get right were what made me pass.

LB121_1_800x.jpg
OB322_1_800x.jpg

For the money the Sea Turtle is a great watch IMO. All of these brands share some of the same DNA IMO.

81vkDkQyDqL._UX342_.jpg
s-l300.jpg
923251770.jpg
HTB1B58WXorrK1RkSne1q6ArVVXaI.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/San-Martin-M...id=1541870729&sr=1-15&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1

San Martin Men's ETA2824 Movement Automatic Watch Retro Diving Watch 500 Meter Water Resistance Sapphire Glass 41mm

Be the first to review this item

Price:[COLOR=#B12704 !important]$538.00[/COLOR] & FREE Shipping

HTB179N_XcnrK1RjSspkq6yuvXXa5.jpg
HTB1iocPaVYqK1RjSZLeq6zXppXag.jpg

San Martin Men Vintage Diving Watch Vintage Bronze Ding carved Automatic Watch 500 Water Resistant Relojes Hombre 2018 fashion

Price:US $398.00 / piece
Sale Price:US $334.32 /piece
-16%

Shipping:Free Shipping to United States via ePacket
Estimated Delivery Time:12-20 days

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/San...lgo_pvid=6d75eb11-069e-4081-8804-b78bf751526c

One year to come up with a cushion case with the crown at 4? Only joking the watch actually looks really good.

I agree with you. It's the same thing with most brands anymore. Look at Wing for instance. He has yet to come up with anything groundbreaking that is really new. The old company to the new one has just more recycling of old parts and designs with a new twist.

patek-philippe-nautilus-silvery-white-dial-stainless-steel-mens-watch-57111a011-57111a011.jpg
SophisticatedFaithfulEquestrian-small.gif
DSC04512.JPG

A rivalry born with AP’s 1875 birth opened a new front in 1976, when Patek Philippe commissioned designer Gerald Genta to pen a response to his own stainless steel Audemars Piguet Royal Oak sports watch. The 1976 Patek Philippe Nautilus was distinct enough to offer a counterpoint to AP’s angular Royal Oak, but rarely have two rival luxury watch models been so clearly cut from the same cloth. Now powered by in-house movements with center second dials, offered in a range of dial designs, and somewhat different in dimensions and durability than their ancestors, the flagship sports watch of AP and Patek are ready to battle over the modern luxury watch buyer’s heart and money.

Gerald Genta is born in Geneva, Switzerland, luxury watchmaking capital of the world. He will grow up to become the single most influential figure in modern horology.
Gerald Genta designs the Constellation for Omega. Throughout his life, he will continue to create legendary luxury watch designs for the biggest brands on the planet.
Genta designs the Golden Ellipse for Patek Philippe.
Gerald Genta founds his own brand.
Genta designs the Royal Oak for Audemars Piguet. The commission comes on the eve of the Basel fair: Gerald is asked to create a completely new concept to premiere. Audemars Piguet want to make a steel sports watch, and the Royal Oak is Genta’s solution. It will become the signature model for Audemars Piguet, and one of the most successful and coveted luxury watches of all time. It is the first wristwatch to display technical elements of its manufacture – in this case the screws around the bezel – setting a trend that will be followed by sports watches for decades.
Gerald Genta designs the Ingenieur for IWC: another high-profile sports watch with revealed screws. In this year, Genta also designs Patek Philippe’s legendary Nautilus. The Nautilus design is created on a napkin whilst eating lunch at the Basel fair.
1980s
Gerald signs an exclusive deal with the Walt Disney Company, which allows his brand to create luxury watches featuring famous Disney characters. Initially designed in response to a request from a private client, Gerald Genta’s Disney watches will become one of his most famous lines.
Characters include Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Scrooge McDuck and Donald Duck. The line is named ‘Fantasy’, and contains haute horlogerie complications including a tourbillon, retrograde minutes, and jumping hours.
In 1981, Genta creates the self-winding Minute Repeater movement, a seminal piece of horological history that goes on to sell over 1,000 units.
During the 1980s, Gerald Genta also designs the iconic Bvlgari-Bvlgari watch for Bulgari. Like many of Genta’s watches, the design initially meets with disfavour from the brand, but goes on to become one of its all-time bestsellers.
Gerald designs what is at this time the world’s most complicated wristwatch – the Grande Sonnerie Retro. The Retro is sold for $2m.
Gerald Genta designs Cartier’s Pasha de Cartier watch.
Gerald Genta’s luxury watch brand is sold to Bulgari, and subsequently becomes a part of the Louis Vuitton-Moet-Hennessy conglomerate.
Gerald founds a new luxury watch brand, Gerald Charles. This brand is responsible for a new range of playful, beautiful luxury watches: the most famous is the Evolution. Gerald Charles is sold a few years later, and its founder returns to his other love – painting.
Gerald Genta dies, aged 80. His legacy lives on in the luxury watch families of the most recognised and powerful brands in the world of haute horlogerie. Genta’s pieces will appear in the catalogues of Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet, Breguet, Hamilton, and IWC, to this day.

45769761172_880a37f77d_c.jpg

44002425880_00ab66761f_b.jpg

I like the version with the bezel, without the bezel it looks a lot like the Santa Cruz.

​Very sharp indeed! I like it! Thanks Mike.

Borealis Navale fumed Green dial. Powered by a Miyota 9015 automatic movement, CuSn8 bronze case. Measurements 42mm case, 49.70 mm lug to lug, 22mm lugs

53220919_2715431171807549_7637015734249324544_n.jpg

To me they do the same types of things so buy what appeals most, has the best rep, best specs, at the best price. So many micro brands that are all competing for the same buyers, with such similar products I think we're lucky here to have so many that have tried various different ones so we can get good feedback about them. Helps some when choosing between such similar products. Little things matter when spending my watch budget nowadays as impulse buying for me ended awhile back. I appreciate all the threads and videos and links RW and others are posting and feedback from those that may have tried one of products posted. Helps to inform me and it's appreciated and why I visit here often.

Back
Top Bottom