Raven March News Update

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
39mm project and the bronze Trekker

mail
mail
a message from steve...
We are now three months into 2020 and I don't think this year is going the way any of us thought it would. As for how the Covid-19 virus is affecting our business... it has cancelled the Wind-Up Fair in San Francisco, and put us two months behind schedule with the new Trekker prototypes. I have also moved to my home office for the next 30 days to be compliant with my citie's new rules.

The cancellation of the show and the delay on current production is a small thing compared to what a lot of people are dealing with at this time in many places around the world. So I will use this time to slow down and focus on what is important, and use my time wisely. We are encouraged by the amount of emails coming in about the Trekker 39mm project and the bronze Trekker that we have decided to produce this year as well. We just ask for patience as we are still working on getting these plans put into reality, and we are looking forward to bringing the watches to life later this year.

As for daily operations, I am currently fulfilling new orders from my home office, with minimal delays. Any watch sent to me for repair work will be slightly delayed as I need to take those watches to our tech's shop after I receive them. Driving them to the tech and picking them up will be done when the time and opportunity allows for it. Our focus now is on the creation of the new Trekker in steel and in bronze, and we will have more details to share with you as this project continues from design to completion.

Steve Laughlin
mail
raven trekker 39mm
We are moving forward this year with a 39mm Trekker that will also feature some new case angles to the bottom half of the case. The dial and crystal will be the same diameter as the previous Trekker, it is the case and bezel that will be reduced 1mm. The bracelet will be a 20mm to 16mm jubilee style, which was the bracelet featured on the original Trekker, but this version will have flatter links and the end links will not protrude from the tip of the lugs. Design images of this new bracelet will be coming soon to the Trekker web page. You can check the page in the coming weeks to see the details progress.
mail
There will be two dial options for the Trekker. The first is the traditional Trekker dial with printed layers of Super Lumi-Nova. It will be glossy finish and available in black with yellow accents or blue with yellow accents and will not have a date window. The second dial option will be in the style of the Deep Tech with raise hour indices and a date at 6:00. Available in black with yellow accents, Raven yellow, or antique white. The bezel inserts will be available in gloss ceramic, or stainless steel.

We will have more technical drawings of the bracelet, clasp, and 3D renderings to show soon on the web page. We will also be updating the information about the bronze Trekker as soon as we have more details to share. Prototypes of the watches will be produced before we enter into full production. Actual watch photos will be available before any pre-order opportunities are open.

Our next email newsletter will contain more details about these upcoming projects including the time line and any new information or images we can provide. I just wanted to share with you what we currently have in the works, and let you know about the 2-3 month delay that is happening this year.

trekkercase1_copy_580x@2x.jpg

39MM CASE DESIGN

The new Trekker will feature a 39mm case design at the bezel. The dial and crystal will be the same size as the previous Trekker, it will be the case and bezel that are reduced by 1mm.

trekkercase3_580x@2x.jpg

TECHNICAL SPECS

The new 39mm Trekker will be a 300 meter dive watch produced in 316L stainless steel. The case will be 39mm at the bezel and will feature a newly designed jubilee bracelet with a 20mm to 16mm taper. The bracelet clasp will be simple, slim, and low profile. The crystal will be the same box sapphire as previous generations which has become iconic of the Trekker. Gloss dials, polished hands, and a gloss ceramic bezel will all be new features for this version. The movement will be the Miyota 9000 series, both date and no date movements will be used.

Thanks for posting this update, Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom