Tactico by Crepas TC1.2 on Kickstarter Now

watches503

Tyme Traveler
I am backer number 32, who else is getting one ?

59c305abebe2d5b013b8c53ead10301e.jpg

5e5eddab54da40c062463618e0d959ee.jpg
c2ea4fe1c11c0c7a43ced27101e8552f.jpg
471c49bb831d13535922a107b4ae1c98.jpg
82d02e839d7deb6399fb42120abaec26.jpg
92bd0dd4999e65adc2de59aa8a65a180.jpg
03313a125d762778fb88eeeb93bc9380.jpg
43af2235e1f8f0142c40ffd2b2d3bceb.jpg
59a23ac3d98aabd4d280b38f07b743ae.jpg
edd06d1088cb33f06ca98ed58e4a943b.jpg

fe4a56f685d3898e6730c2da5b87b1f9.jpg

I don’t know which one yet between blue and black.

yeah i like it...always had good experience with SPANISH MICRO CREPAS

Tactico by Crepas TC1.2 on Kickstarter Now

Seems like the current Axios Ironclad launch offers more for less money....

I don’t understand.

The Axios is just another simple sub homage for $99 more dollars than I paid for this vintage Omega homage that no one else is doing.

The Ironclad has a “hardened case and bracelet” with a Sellita engine but it’s still very boring to me. If it was $330 I still wouldn’t buy it.

Plus, other microbrands have tried hardened steel like Ocean7 but the finish isn’t always on point. I had one that would patina and then that patina turns into rust.

I actually own a hardened steel prototype of the Zelos Hammerhead that never went into production because of the unreliability of the hardening process. This one patinas and rusts like the Ocean 7 I had.

Much love and respect to Elshan for not putting them into production and gambling our money away hoping for the best.
06b2f227bab932be48026b6f471e68da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a closer comparison would be the Zelos Swordfish for $299.00 on a bracelet. It all comes down to what sings to the individual the most. I have one Crepas Tornado and they make a nice watch for the money. This is a decent price for the kit IMO. My only concern would be the H link mesh if the campaign makes it to that point. The one they sent with my Tornado kit was good quality, but something was off with the finish. It almost looks like it was bead blasted.

23470648218_4270fd5493_b.jpg
37274935196_ed4a878f4a_c.jpg
37292501212_9d4cd411e5_b.jpg
36652710963_28caa3913f_c.jpg
37648118192_0751f64ee8_b.jpg
37648047232_9eba64b37f_b.jpg
36970392934_3361537552_c.jpg
37422599410_97d99fb735_b.jpg

I don’t understand.

The Axios is just another simple sub homage for $99 more dollars than I paid for this vintage Omega homage that no one else is doing.

The Ironclad has a “hardened case and bracelet” with a Sellita engine but it’s still very boring to me. If it was $330 I still wouldn’t buy it.

Plus, other microbrands have tried hardened steel like Ocean7 but the finish isn’t always on point. I had one that would patina and then that patina turns into rust.

I actually own a hardened steel prototype of the Zelos Hammerhead that never went into production because of the unreliability of the hardening process. This one patinas and rusts like the Ocean 7 I had.

Much love and respect to Elshan but not putting them into production and gambling our money away hoping for the best.
06b2f227bab932be48026b6f471e68da.jpg

That’s what makes the Watch world and our addiction go round, our individual thoughts and ultimate buying decisions. I understand your concern with the hardening finish, but with the overall specs and pricing advantage of the Axios, the Black Bay 58 Version homage, I’am Willing to take the chance, especially with Elshan behind it.

That’s what makes the Watch world and our addiction go round, our individual thoughts and ultimate buying decisions. I understand your concern with the hardening finish, but with the overall specs and pricing advantage of the Axios, the Black Bay 58 Version homage, I’am Willing to take the chance, especially with Elshan behind it.

Didn’t know that’s a new brand from Elshan. That changes everything. I’m sure the hardening process is fool proof by now if he’s going through with it. Thank you. I trust Elshan with my money any day.

Payment is due on the Axios in 6 days so gonna have to pass but I do like it.

They just shared these pics on Facebook. I sure love these busy dials.

43e313f4615a8caf90695cfed6165693.jpg

bfebe26a16b3e68b6d37975ea6d34541.jpg

c2dab9eab26856047a256db577457056.jpg

f4cc3a18b4414869af8dd8e61ea22c7f.jpg

Saw the Tactico on Kickstarter and was tempted, but am saving for something else. Like that dial.

Received my mocha. Got a bad bezel.

"Got my mocha and also have pronounced play in the bezel. Also have 3 pronounced click for each one of the 120. 360 total. Close to the ear you can hear along with feeling three distinct different clicks. 2 of them will leave you lots of back play. When you can dial in the correct one it's better but it's extremely hard to dial in the correct one and when you do it's going to be hard to keep it there due to the ease in turning. It will be very easily moved to one of the incorrect clicks with the slightest touch."

Their reply:

"It seems the bezel movement you describes is fine but just to be sure please could you send us a video by email to [email protected]. Thanks in advance."

Anyone ever had a 360 click bezel. SMFH.

"Got my mocha and also have pronounced play in the bezel. Also have 3 pronounced click for each one of the 120. 360 total. Close to the ear you can hear along with feeling three distinct different clicks. 2 of them will leave you lots of back play. When you can dial in the correct one it's better but it's extremely hard to dial in the correct one and when you do it's going to be hard to keep it there due to the ease in turning. It will be very easily moved to one of the incorrect clicks with the slightest touch."

Their reply:

"It seems the bezel movement you describes is fine but just to be sure please could you send us a video by email to [email protected]. Thanks in advance."

I don’t see an issue either, with your description. No company has ever promised no back play, that I can recall. Everything aligns on mine. Pretty much all I have are divers and I honestly never check the bezel play. All I check is that it aligns.

Maybe you have unrealistic expectations for a $300 watch, perhaps ?

c87b906a399f566515e8e81e0b73d766.jpg

Their reply:

I'm not impressed with the customer service Crepas offers. The latest project they have been questioned about it as well. Some were even speculating that bad QC and customer complaints was why a new KS account was created. A higher than average number of backers have bailed out of the latest project.

I’m just so upset with the way they treat customers I don’t want anyone else to be ignored and disappointed

You have created new account on Kickstarter to launch this campaign, and this is usually a bad sign given several quality issues and complaints anyone can see in your past campaigns. As much as I like this project, I would like to hear some reassurance that you have learned from past problems and also explanation why you are starting with new account while you previous campaign seems to be still not fulfilled? Thank you for your attention.

Let me explain you the rules of KS didn’t allow to two two accounts under the same Company name, Now it is changed and this is why from now, we will use the TACTICO account for TACTICO brand and CREPAS account to CREPAS brand, because we are the same Company but we have different brands.

Most of our customers are satisfied and if some our units had some issue we always tried to solve to the best way as the satisfaction of our customer is the most important thing for us.

Also, as we published, we have added a new external QC Company in order they can double check all the pieces and units before and after the assembling as well as the QC factory.

I don’t see an issue either, with your description. No company has ever promised no back play, that I can recall. Everything aligns on mine. Pretty much all I have are divers and I honestly never check the bezel play. All I check is that it aligns.

Maybe you have unrealistic expectations for a $300 watch, perhaps ?

c87b906a399f566515e8e81e0b73d766.jpg

Maybe my descriptions are lacking but no, it's a horrible job on the bezel and is completely unacceptable. I have about 200 watches, mostly divers, and have never complained about a bezel. Have some with no back play and some with varying amounts but all acceptable to me. This one you can move the bezel side to side. A lot. And it's a 120 click bezel. Seriously, this one has 360 clicks. You can listen to three different sounds. It goes click click click clickclick click. 2 of them SHOULD NOT exist and they are the ones with lots of back play. The correct one, the only one there should be, there is no back play. When you can dial that one in, and it isn't easy, you can't keep it there because the slightest touch moves it and you are back to one of those in between clicks that shouldn't even be there.

Do away with the 2 extra clicks that are a problem in between the good one and it would be good. No back play. Except still have the lateral side to side movement. Checked about a dozen others last night and only one had any movement side to side at all and it was very insignificant. This one is impossible not to notice.

Worse, I got another watch this week and have even worse problems with the bezel. It has even more side to side movement, more back play and up and down movement. If you lift slightly it will turn in both directions. It's the Hamtun from KS too. Tactico had 132 backers. How do you miss bad watches in your quality control in such a small run. They are assuring everyone on the Tactico campaign and their Crepas campaign that they have learned from past mistakes and have hired an outside QC company and that there wouldn't be the issues of past runs. There have been 7 replies now from people who have received their Tacticos. Three of us have bezels issues. Humtun had over 1300 backers. There are some issues being posted, including back play. Ross is apologizing for them getting past QC and taking care of them, not blowing off customers with BS.

Seriously, never had a major bezel issue and got two this week. Guess I was over due.

Edit: other than the bezel, I love the watch. Nice design, good finishing, have nothing else to complain about. If they will fix it I'll be happy with it

Maybe my descriptions are lacking but no, it's a horrible job on the bezel and is completely unacceptable. I have about 200 watches, mostly divers, and have never complained about a bezel. Have some with no back play and some with varying amounts but all acceptable to me. This one you can move the bezel side to side. A lot. And it's a 120 click bezel. Seriously, this one has 360 clicks. You can listen to three different sounds. It goes click click click clickclick click. 2 of them SHOULD NOT exist and they are the ones with lots of back play. The correct one, the only one there should be, there is no back play. When you can dial that one in, and it isn't easy, you can't keep it there because the slightest touch moves it and you are back to one of those in between clicks that shouldn't even be there.

Do away with the 2 extra clicks that are a problem in between the good one and it would be good. No back play. Except still have the lateral side to side movement. Checked about a dozen others last night and only one had any movement side to side at all and it was very insignificant. This one is impossible not to notice.

Worse, I got another watch this week and have even worse problems with the bezel. It has even more side to side movement, more back play and up and down movement. If you lift slightly it will turn in both directions. It's the Hamtun from KS too. Tactico had 132 backers. How do you miss bad watches in your quality control in such a small run. They are assuring everyone on the Tactico campaign and their Crepas campaign that they have learned from past mistakes and have hired an outside QC company and that there wouldn't be the issues of past runs. There have been 7 replies now from people who have received their Tacticos. Three of us have bezels issues. Humtun had over 1300 backers. There are some issues being posted, including back play. Ross is apologizing for them getting past QC and taking care of them, not blowing off customers with BS.

Seriously, never had a major bezel issue and got two this week. Guess I was over due.

Edit: other than the bezel, I love the watch. Nice design, good finishing, have nothing else to complain about. If they will fix it I'll be happy with it

I hope I didn’t come off as a douche on prior message. I kinda understand the issue better now. I have had issues with Crepas before but they always handle it. I can see why that can deter many others from future purchases.

Going on Kickstarter gives people a bigger platform. Regardless of prior issues. Even bigger brands are using it, like Alpina and Formex.

I hope Crepas takes care of this quickly for you. I know I was bummed out with my issues in past but I trust they will always do what’s right.

Back
Top Bottom