A Complicated Marine Beauty

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
[h=1]Marine Regulateur[/h] Dec 16, 2019

AGF-l79eSPNNHJxabJzmVDaxAqp061gAuNspossXhQ=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Watch On

Steinhart isn't really a watch brand I have been into. I think their homages although well made are a bit boring. But a while ago I stumbled upon a beatiful complicated marine watch. Finally I found a great deal and now I'm revealing this stunning timepiece.

A regulator, in the original sense, was a clock, after which the watchmaker regulated his other clocks and watches, the clock in which he invested all his skills and knowledge, in order to achieve the most accurate possible values for his work. For this purpose, the watchmaker used a special division of the hour, minute and second hands, with the minute hand dominating from the center, while the hour and second hands rotated on their own sub dials.

Since 1987, there have also been wrist watches with this special dial division and the new Steinhart Marine Regulator white with the manually wound ST.4 caliber of Swiss manufacture is now finally tackling this theme for the Steinhart marine collection. Surrounded by finely polished stainless steel, the sapphire crystals not only lets one view the layout of the exceptionally designed dial, but also to the detailed decorated ST.4, an in-house development based on the extremely reliable pocket watch caliber Unitas 6498. With the elegantly padded and tapering leather strap with its high-quality folding clasp, the Marine Regulator white leaves a very high-quality impression that hardly any watch lover can escape from.

marine-regulateur_white_01.1574330601.jpg

marine-regulateur_white_04.1574330601.jpg

marine-regulateur_white_06.1574330601.jpg

630.25 Euro equals
702.15 United States Dollar
Dec 16, 11:26 PM UTC ·
Disclaimer
[h=2]MOVEMENT[/h]
Basis Unitas 6498.2
  • ST4/ Basic Unitas 6498.2
  • Swiss made
  • handwinding
  • 17 Jewels
  • 21.600 vibrations per hour
  • Geneva strips
  • blue screws, golden wheels with LOGO
  • Rhodium plated
  • second hand at " 6 "
  • hour hand at "12"
  • minute hand from the centre
[h=2]FUNCTIONS[/h] [h=2]CASE[/h]
  • Stainless steel satined and polished
  • Diameter 42 mm
  • Height 13 mm
  • Weight 103g
  • Lug width 20 mm spring bar
  • Sapphire glass domed, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
  • Bezel Stainless Steel polished
  • Back Stainless steel 316 L screwed with sapphire crystal
  • Waterproof to 5 ATM (limited water resistant, no swimming or shower)
[h=2]DIAL & HAND[/h]
  • Dial white polished
  • Indices black, black numbers, black hands
  • Dial white
  • Hands black
[h=2]STRAP & BUCKLE[/h]
  • Strap leather brown 20x18 mm
  • Buckle deployment clasp 18mm stainles steel polished with Logo
marine-regulateur_white_05.1574330601.jpg

A very distinctive, and respectable, standard size, offering, from Steinhart, for those folks who like the Regulator design in time pieces.:wink: Thanks Mike.:hat:

That's a very attractive timepiece... If I was still buying I'd think I'd pick this one up. Priced nice too!

Back
Top Bottom