Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday at H2O (This BLACK FRIDAY sale will end on 12/06/2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday at H2O (This BLACK FRIDAY sale will end on 12/06/2019)

KALMAR 2 $980.55 8000M /ETA 2824-2 BLACK FRIDAY EDITION
    H2O / HELBERG NEWSLETTER 12.2019
    BLACK FRIDAY AT H2O
    BLACK FRIDAY SALE AT H2O
    HANDMADE DAMAST DAILS AND KALMAR 2 WITH QUARTZ MOVEMENT
    img
    Hello H2O / HELBERG friends!

The year is short before its end and I would like to thank you for all your great support during the past months. As a litte payback I have created six new products which are special in several ways.
    1. H2O KALMAR 2 Oceanictime 8000M: Bundled with the original orange ISOFRANE rubber strap and including our new H2O bezel remover free of charge at special BLACK FRIDAY price
    2. H2O KALMAR 2 QUARTZ: We are using for this model a modern quartz movement with a sweep second hand. The second hand moves similar to an automatik movement and it´s visually very difficult to distinguish the H2O KALMAR 2 QUARTZ from the AUTOMATIK version. Also this model included the new H2O bezel remover in turbine design.
    3. H2O KALMAR 2 DLC with handmade DAMAST DIAL: For the first time we have produced a damast dial completely inhouse! Additionally this model is using the new turbine bezel for ceramic inlays.

This BLACK FRIDAY sales will end on 06.12.2019.

I wish you a great December 2019!

Many greetings
    Clemens
    H2O KALMAR 2 OCEANICTIME 8000M / BLACK FRIDAY EDITION

https://www.h2o-watch.com/introducti...m-blk-fri.html

890 Euro equals
    980.55 United States Dollar
    Nov 29, 10:42 PM UTC ·
    Disclaimer

H2O KALMAR 2 OCEANICTIME SPECIAL EDITION

This special edition includes

- the original, orange ISOFRANE rubber strap free of charge (RSP: 100 Euro)

- The H2O bezel remover free of charge
    (IMPORTANT NOTICE: We recommend to use the bezel remover with the KALMAR 2 series /
    never use this tool with the H2O ORCA series as the bezel could not be removed with this tool)

The H2O KALMAR 2 OCEANICTIME will be assembled in Germany with 2-3 weeks only.

(BY TLEX)

H2O KALMAR 2 OCEANICTIME 8000M

Let’s get straight to the watch’s dimensions: The case has a diameter of 42.5mm, the bezel a diameter of 44mm while the overall-length is 53.4mm and the total thickness of the watch (including the crystal) is just 21.60mm.

One of the contributing factors that allowed H2O to engineer this watch with such a modest thickness in relation to its WR, was the use of Grade 5 Titanium, which has been used for the main case and its components.

Grade 5 Titanium consists of 6% Aluminum and 4% Vanadium and has a considerably higher strength than Titanium Grade 2 or Stainless Steel 316L. It has an excellent combination of both strength and corrosion-resistance. Titanium Grade 2 (by comparison) is more commonly used in watch-making as it is not so damaging to case-making machinery and so is easier and less expensive to work with. Titanium Grade 5, however is far more tricky and costly to produce.

Divers features include: an automatic Helium Escape Valve (9 o’clock), a Titanium Grade 5 Ti divers bezel with a black ceramic inlay or the Turbine bezel, a solid screwdown Grade 5 Ti caseback and an 8mm OT diver signed screwdown crown.

Three different bezel styles could be chosen:

- Square bezel with 15sec dive scale ceramic inlay filled with Superluminove BGW9
    - Square bezel with minimalistic ceramic inlay
    - Solid titanium turbine bezel with 15sec dive scale filled with Superluminova BGW9

Pressure-resistance is up to 800 bar, the equivalent of 8000 meters. Testing was conducted by a leading German research company that is the only facility of its type in Germany capable of pressure testing to 4000 bar!

Along with a 4.5mm thick Titanium Grade 5 caseback, a 8.25mm thick, slightly domed Sapphire crystal helped the watch resist the enormous pressures that were endured during testing - while giving the watch a nice clean look and offering an undistorted view of the dial, below.

The dial is in a high-gloss deep-black. While it incorporates the Kalmar’s hallmark chromed double hour markers, it has been designed to be minimal with the deletion of all minute markers, date and text. Complementing the hour markers are the H2O cresting wave logo and the OceanicTime Diver icon in chrome.

Bright gloss-orange ‘8000M’ text makes a bold statement about the watch’s incredible depth-rating while echoing the color of the prominent minute hand. All hands and markers are filled with BGW9 SLN.

We have created three wristshots to give you a better impression how the H2O Kalmar II OceanicTime Special Edition 8000M will wear on your wrist. The shown wrist size is 17cm or 6.7".

Standard accessories of the watch include:
    - handmade 5mm thick black calfskin strap with white contrast stitching
    - H2O CNC Grade 5 Titanium buckle
    - 2x hex-screw driver
    - security case
    - warranty card

This special edition included additionally free of charge

- Orange ISOFRANE rubber strap (RSP: 100 Euro)

- H2O BEZEL REMOVER

890 Euro equals
    980.55 United States Dollar
    Nov 29, 10:42 PM UTC · Disclaimer

SPECIFICATIONS:
    CASE MATERIAL: Titanium Grade 5
    CASE BACK: Closed Titanium Grade 5 Case Back
    CASE DIAMETER: 42.50mm
    CASE LENGTH: 53.40mm
    BEZEL DIAMETER: 44.00mm
    LUG WIDTH: 24mm
    CASE HEIGHT: 21.60mm
    CRYSTAL HEIGHT: 8.25mm
    WEIGHT: 116g watch case / 194g with bracelet (sized to 18cm/7" wrist)
    WR: 8000M
    CROWN: 8mm screw down type
    DIAL: OceanicTime Special Edition / high glossy black with SWISS Super-LumiNova BGW9
    HANDSET: Hour chromed / Minute orange / second chromed+orange
    MOVEMENT: SWISS ETA 2824, Automatic, 28.800 bph, Power Reserve 42h, Hacking Second
    OPTIONAL ACC: Titanium Grade 5 bracelet

https://www.h2o-watch.com/introducti...amastdial.html

2O KALMAR 2 with damascus steel sandwichdial in BLACK FRIDAY DEAL

A premiere for H2O watch:For the first time we produced on our own CNC machines a wonderful damascus steel dial. The handmade explosion damascus steel was cutted into 0.40mm thin disks, etched by myself and then the hour marker were milled with our CNC machine.Handwork from the first until the last step.

For this model we are offering two different inlays with and without Superluminova BGW9.
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    CASE MATERIAL: 316L Stainless Steel / black DLC coated
    CASE BACK: Closed SS Case Back / black DLC coated
    CASE DIAMETER: 42.50mm
    BEZEL DIAMETER: 44.00mm
    CASE HEIGHT: 16.50mm without crystal
    CRYSTAL HEIGHT: 6.00mm
    CASE LENGTH: 53.40mm
    WEIGHT: 112g watch case / 236g with bracelet (sized to 18cm/7" wrist)
    LUG WIDTH: 24mm
    WR: 6000M
    CROWN: 8mm screw down type / black DLC coated
    DIAL: HANDMADE DAMASCUS STEEL SANDWICH DIAL WITH SUPERLUMINOVA BGW9
    HANDSET: CHROMED
    MOVEMENT: SWISS ETA 2824, Automatic, 28.800 bph, Power Reserve 42h, Hacking Second
    STANDARD ACCESSORIES: Handmade 5mm thick black leather strap with black stitching and H2O CNC DLC buckle
    2x Hex screw driver
    Security case incl. vent
    Warranty Card
    OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: 5mm thick and ultra strong H2O SS bracelet with hex screws and MICRO-ADJUSTMENT clasp
    Custom handmade 5mm thick Italian calf leather straps with different stitching and color

790 Euro equals
    870.38 United States Dollar
    Nov 29, 10:48 PM UTC · Disclaimer

H2O CNC Equipment

Yesterday a SWISS CNC milling center was added into our H2O watch company. This high end CNC with RSP of USD200.000 was added to offer my H2O friends and customers UNLIMITED new customization options in future. It will allow me to produce dials, case backs, movement holder, bezels and maybe even complete watch cases in small QTY or even on customer idea and request.

For the dial finishing we have already a SWISS tampon printing machine (RSP USD18.000) and in my workshop a automatic 4 color printing machine (RSP USD50.000).

What is on my list for future products? custom rotors, bridges and wheels, new dials, custom case backs and something I always had in my mind since years:

The H2O belt with roller buckle! :-)

What could you think about as YOUR custom item?

Only one thing is needed now: TIME! :-)

H2O is now only 1-2 steps away from full manufacturing of complete watches in high end quality.

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for the HU, information, and link, Mike.

Comment

The beast is ordered. PayPal tried to get me for an extra 3% conversion and if I wasn't paying attention they would have snagged me. I selected to pay in EURO's through my CC company instead of USD. They mentioned that my CC rate could be higher than paying USD through them, but I know I have CC's that don't have any overseas transaction fees. I like the Damast dial model, but there just isn't enough contrast between the dial and hands for my taste. The orange against the deep black looks better to me.
      "Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
      Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I've always loved the look of their watches.

Comment

That DAMASCUS STEEL SANDWICH DIAL is just fantastic, as is the bezel. I love everything about this watch!
          Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

Comment

Originally posted by roadwarrior View Post

The beast is ordered. PayPal tried to get me for an extra 3% conversion and if I wasn't paying attention they would have snagged me. I selected to pay in EURO's through my CC company instead of USD. They mentioned that my CC rate could be higher than paying USD through them, but I know I have CC's that don't have any overseas transaction fees. I like the Damast dial model, but there just isn't enough contrast between the dial and hands for my taste. The orange against the deep black looks better to me.
            Nice Mike- did you get the 8000m then or the 10 Mile? I currently own the 10 Mile and love it. I had the 8000m and sold it - but I did l am really thinking about adding it back. Mine had regular chrome hands and I like that orange pop in the minute and second hands (and like that the orange isofrane and the bezel remover is included).
            -Rob

Comment

Originally posted by gopennstate View Post

Nice Mike- did you get the 8000m then or the 10 Mile? I currently own the 10 Mile and love it. I had the 8000m and sold it - but I did l am really thinking about adding it back. Mine had regular chrome hands and I like that orange pop in the minute and second hands (and like that the orange isofrane and the bezel remover is included).
              Thanks Rob. I ordered the 8000m. I have a Hirsch Robby in 24mm to go with it. I made sure the tubes from my H20 Orca would pass through the holes and they fit fine.

I also ordered a blue one in 22 mm for my Great Wall. The bue dial looks really great on the watch. I was worried I would not like it, but the images online don't really capture the true shade of blue.

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I couldn't see spending another $550.00 USD on the titanium bracelet. The finish on these looks pretty close to my Orca bracelet so I'll use that one.

I picked the square bezel. I have the turbine bezel on my Orca.

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Nice choice Mike - I like that style bezel and that's the one I would pick too. I'm still on the fence - that is an awesome deal on the 8000m with the Isofrane and bezel remover tool. I have 2 titanium H2O bracelets already for my 10 Mile and a 6000m titanium K2 with blue sandwich dial, so if I order the 8000m it will be without the bracelet (the 2 bracelets I could swap between the 3 models). The damascus steel dial looks cool and I love H2O's DLC - so it's either the DLC K2 on bracelet or the 8000m. Right now I am leaning 8000m - I miss mine but I like the pop of orange on the minute and second hands and the bezel lume that is currently offered (my model did not have that).

H2O Kalmar 2 8000m Grade 5 Titanium by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

-Rob

Comment

That one looked great on your wrist Rob. Those thick sapphire crystals alone are not cheap to produce. One of the best features IMO is the clean dial. I'm usually not a fan of a ghost position. The ETA 2824-2 is easy to replace and not having to worry about the date window also provides sourcing other three-hand automatic movement options as well.

This is almost 7mm thinner (6.9mm to be precise) than the famous CX Swiss Military 20,000FEET and more than 5 and ½ millimeters thinner (5.6mm) than the HELBERG CH1 (also from H2O Watches), which both have 2000M less WR.

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2015...pecial_20.html

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2015...0000-feet.html

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Just happened to look back at the price when the 8000m first came out in 2015 - pre-order price was 1190 EUR and did not include the Isofrane (or the free H2O bezel remover).

Pricing for the Kalmar II OceanicTime SE are as follows: PRE-ORDER PRICING until 30.04.2015: 6000M: 949 Euro (excl. 19% VAT) / $996 (excl. 19% VAT) 8000M: 1190 Euro (excl. 19% VAT) / $1250 (excl. 19% VAT).

Optional bracelet: 250 Euro (excl. 19% VAT) / $262,50 (excl. 19% VAT) Premium UPGRADE Package for the H2O KALMAR 2 OceanicTime SE 6000M incl. ETA 2892 and 4 high quality leather straps: 200 Euro (excl. 19% VAT) / $210 (excl. 19% VAT) 19% VAT only for EU customers.

-Rob

Comment

I do see that the Black Friday edition uses an ETA 2824 instead of the ETA 2892 as used in the original version. But I'd prefer the savings plus extras that are included in the Black Friday edition. I think I've talked myself into pulling the trigger on this one.
                        -Rob

Comment

photos courtesy of J. Biafore

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                          X