Seiko SUN019 - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locoboy5150

Tyme Machine
I was just wondering, does anyone have the Seiko SUN019 Prospex Kinetic GMT diver or any of the other models like it? If so, what do you think about it?

SUN019.jpg

I've been eyeing that one for a while now. I love its dial.

I almost picked Prospex SUN023 up a few times. I like the one in your photo, the bracelet is very nice and would have snagged one if I could have found a reasonable price. I actually ordered the SUN023 from Jomashop as a gift for someone. My intentions after finding another watch as a gift was to keep the SUN023 myself. Jomoshop never delivered the watch, but they showed in stock and ready to ship when they took the money. :hmm:After almost three weeks I guess it wasn't meant to be and had them issue a refund.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/seiko-prospex-kinetic-gmt-sun023-dive-watch-review/

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/seiko-prospex-kinetic-gmt-divers-200m-watch-hands/

http://www.thetimebum.com/2014/12/seiko-prospex-kinetic-gmt-diver-sun019.html

Seiko-Prospex-Kinetic-GMT-Divers-watch-5.jpg
Seiko-Prospex-Kinetic-GMT-Divers-watch-6.jpg

Love the look but I don't buy kinetic or solar or quartz

I have the SUN023, I really like it but it is a very large size you really have to get used to. I would recommend trying one on first if you have the opportunity.

I have the SUN023, I really like it but it is a very large size you really have to get used to. I would recommend trying one on first if you have the opportunity.

i think it is a 42mm case 48mm L2L...the WORN & WOUND conflated the dimensions...very confusing...

welcome to WIT post often-

-sorry OP LB i got nothing on this kinetic-

I had the SUN023 (can't remember if it was PVD or DLC).

It wears much like a tuna. The dimensions are misleading because it is lugless.

It was a great looking watch and I enjoyed it. My problem is that I have way too many watches and I didn't wear it enough to really keep it charged. I heard too many stories about not letting it die because that's bad for the capacitor. You really have to wear it a lot, with a lot of movement to keep it fully charged. A standard watch winder doesn't work (there are specialized winders).

If you are going to wear it a lot there's probably no issue, but that wasn't the case for me.

I see this is your first post. Welcome :drink:

I checked into the SUN023 keeping a good charge back in 2016 if not being worn. The Seiko YT02A price was about the cost of the watch, but figured using a toothbrush charger would be just as effective. Something else I like about this watch is it has a sapphire crystal.

https://www.esslinger.com/seiko-yt0...arger-winder-for-seiko-kinetic-model-watches/

64.1103photo2__33023.1477046374.500.750.jpg
64.1103photo3__54755.1477046378.1280.1280.jpg

[h=2]Product Description[/h][FONT=&quot]Now you can re-charge the capacitor in a Seiko Kinetic watch without opening the case! The YT02A Energy Supplier charges Seiko Kinetic models in as little as 10 minutes. Simply place the watch on the charger, align the crown with the corresponding watch model number labeled on the charger, set the timer and press start. The units timer allows you to set the charge time between 30 minutes and 3-1/2 hours. Depending on the model of watch a quick charge, capable of running the watch, can be completed in 10-30 minutes and a complete charge can be completed in 45 minutes to 3-1/2 hours. The charger uses an AC adaptor (100-240v input) for power only, complete instruction are included. Made in Japan.

Compatible with the following models: 1M, 3M, 4M, 5M, 5J, 5D, 7D, 7L22 and 9T82. The model number can be found by checking the first 2 digits of the 8-digit case number "0000-xxxx" printed on the case back cover. Example: Case number on watch reads "5M43-0A00" the watch location on the charger and charging time would fall under the "5M series" section in the included manual.

• Seiko YT02A is the fastest way to charge a Seiko Kinetic model watch
  • Charges all Kinetic models to a usable state in 30 minutes or less
  • Band does not have to be removed for charging
  • No connection to watch is required, simply set the watch on the charger
  • Complete instructions included
  • Input: AC 100-240V
  • Product measures 5-3/8" x 4-7/8" x 1-1/4" inches
  • Made in Japan

[/FONT]

Seiko Prospex Kinetic Divers SUN023

Features:
Stainless Steel Case
Silicon Band
Kinetic Movement
Caliber 5M85
Anti-Reflective Coated Sapphire Crystal
Black Dial
Power Reserve
GMT Hand With Easy Hour Hand Adjustment Function
Luminous Hands And Markers
Bezel With Orange Markers And Numbers
Screw Case Back
Screw-Down Crown
Date Display
Buckle Clasp
200M Water Resistance
Approximate Case Diameter 48mm
Approximate Case Thickness 14mm

I had the SUN023 (can't remember if it was PVD or DLC).

It wears much like a tuna. The dimensions are misleading because it is lugless.

It was a great looking watch and I enjoyed it. My problem is that I have way too many watches and I didn't wear it enough to really keep it charged. I heard too many stories about not letting it die because that's bad for the capacitor. You really have to wear it a lot, with a lot of movement to keep it fully charged. A standard watch winder doesn't work (there are specialized winders).

If you are going to wear it a lot there's probably no issue, but that wasn't the case for me.

good point stew...i had a kinetic...only wore once in a while...had trouble keeping it charged...wham bam flip that-

Yeah, I already bought a brand new Seiko YT02A Kinetic charger so I'm all set to go.

http://watchintyme.com/showthread.php?55480-Seiko-YT02A-Kinetic-charger

It's just sitting there on my shelf with no watch to charge. I'll get a Kinetic watch now since I'm no longer afraid to let the battery die from lack of wrist time. I'm just waiting for a good deal to come along. This SUN019 Kinetic Tuna has been poking at me for a few years and if a good deal comes along, I may just jump on it.

Before I spend that on a charger, which would likely get as much use as any watch in my collection does on my wrist, I'll use a toothbrush charger.

Yeah, I already bought a brand new Seiko YT02A Kinetic charger so I'm all set to go.

http://watchintyme.com/showthread.php?55480-Seiko-YT02A-Kinetic-charger

It's just sitting there on my shelf with no watch to charge. I'll get a Kinetic watch now since I'm no longer afraid to let the battery die from lack of wrist time. I'm just waiting for a good deal to come along. This SUN019 Kinetic Tuna has been poking at me for a few years and if a good deal comes along, I may just jump on it.

Good luck on the hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom