Panerai Luminor Due PAM 676: How An Italian Watch Became A Swiss Icon

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l7_FuvqVPFUy1tdQwp1jXm7KCWbR-v570dyQ4g=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

The Urban Gentry
Published on Jul 23, 2019

What do Sylvester Stallone, delicious Italian food, legendary chefs, the story of horology, and the world’s most infamous combat divers of World War II all have in common?

Today we find out!

After numerous requests from the good Gentry, in this video I finally return to the luxury watch brand Panerai with an in-depth review of their Luminor "Due" PAM 676. In the early days of The Urban Gentry channel, I reviewed a Panerai Radiomir and discussed its rich and illustrious history. This is something I especially relate to, having lived and studied in Florence, the city where the brand was founded. Unfortunately, that video had to be made private, for reasons I share here today. To make up for that, I decided to revisit this massively important watchmaker with a special episode shot in the equally iconic Italian Market in Philadelphia.

Ultimately I try to understand how a diving tool from Italy that was created for some of the world’s most daring divers in the Italian Royal Navy, became a Swiss made, luxury status watch. Is it all hype or does the soul of the brand still live on into the 21st century? Let’s dive into this fascinating story to find out!

Thanks for posting these up, Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom