M-Force Ti, and a load of Orient ?S

pneuby

Tyme Teller
Alrighty, I hope this isn't too wordy. I just picked up one of these (excuse the stock pic).
It's billed as a model-SDV01003B0

s-l500.jpg

NOW then, on the caseback, the model code appears as THIS:

KY DV01-D0-B CA

The KY is inside a square box. I have to assume those are zeroes, and not the letter following 'N', LOL.

There's plenty of Google refs under the first model code, but NOTHING reflecting what's on the caseback.
Neither website even SHOWS the M-Force lineup: orient-watch.com orientwatchesusa.com

I realize this model is about 7yrs old, but there are other M-Force models that are current.

Why are they not showcased on the OEM sites? Any guess as to the model code discrepancy?
I know they point out the bezel as stainless steel but is the caseback Ti, or stainless?
One of the reasons I bought it was to check and see if it would irritate my left wrist as I seem to find with stainless.

Any guidance is appreciated!

That's a beautiful watch - congratulations! :outstand:

I can't answer your other questions, but the reason why the M-Force line suddenly disappeared from Orient's websites is because the line was completely discontinued a couple of years ago. It's a shame in my opinion because I loved the M-Force watches. I currently own two of them but I would gladly add more if they were still in production.

After the M-Force line was discontinued, Orient discontinued the saturation diver. It seems that they've completely given up on the $300+ dive watch market. Orient is pushing the Triton diver as a more affordable version of the saturation diver and that's a *HUGE* stretch in my opinion. I also have a Triton and I like it but it is not a suitable replacement for the saturation diver or the M-Force line in my book.

I love Orient and I really like all of my Orient watches but since they drastically shrunk their line up of dive watches, I have not purchased one of their watches in a while. :no:

Alright Loco, thanks....all been DC'd. That explains that. Meanwhile...I got a couple of poor -quality shots here, pre-dawn...

Attachments

• photo18838.jpg
    photo18838.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18839.jpg
    photo18839.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 0

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Orie...p/dv01001b.htm
Orient 47mm M-Force 22-Jewel Automatic Titanium Dive Watch with Sapphire Crystal #DV01001B

The new M-Force DV01001B dive watch features a 22-jewel Orient automatic (self-winding) movement with a hacking and hand winding function, a light weight yet strong 47mm titanium case, a date feature at 3:00, a uni-directional rotating bezel with luminous dot marker, and a solid-link titanium bracelet with a push-button deployant clasp. Includes a screw-down crown, a sapphire crystal, luminous hour markers and hands, and an enhanced shock-proof mechanism (Certificated by ISO 6425 divers watches, ISO 764 antimagnetic watches and ISO 1413 shock-resistant watches). The watch comes in an "M-Force" Box with instruction manual.
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
Watch Features:
  • Movement: Orient 22-Jewel Automatic (self-winding)
  • Case: Titanium, 47mm x 13.6mm thick.
  • Back: Solid screw-in back
  • Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire
  • Band: Titanium bracelet, push-button deployant clasp, 24mm
  • Water Resistant: 200 meters
  • Warranty: 1 Year
DV01001B-6.jpg
I have the M-Force Bravo on the right and it's a solid watch. It was on the Orient site when I purchased it back in 2016 from
11429964_1085663034796793_4028325674000890143_n.jpg

:hmm:I guess some of the older stuff must be removed from the Orient site in time.

SEL0A001B0

27759676642_2ede685ba6_c.jpg

27784977461_bc1ef42920_c.jpg

Silly me, I saw the gloves and though that L.I.W posted a vid on the model. Yeah, I think I watched every OEM vid they put out over the years, LOL. Thanks for posting it! I

Right now, I am a bit ambivalent about this one in some respects. However, I've learned to settle down, and settle-in a bit ...and let the watch
do the same.

I LOVE that Bravo you have, and missed a chance on a used one awhile back. The mix of colors on it grabs me.

:smiles:

Back
Top Bottom