Citizen X Disney Mickey Watches

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
APR 14, 2019 — BY ROB NUDDS

Link to article →→→→ https://www.ablogtowatch.com/citizen-x-disney-mickey-watches/

With the release of a series of Mickey Mouse watches, Citizen is renewing its long-term partnership with Disney and treading a well worn path. The Citizen X Disney Mickey Watches employ an already popular character, which has stirred up interest in the past, and attempt to bring an old idea back up to date. The release also coincides with the unveiling of several special clocks made by Citizen to be displayed around Disney’s world-famous theme parks.

IZ19Hej.jpg

Of the collaborations we can assert to be genuine (and, despite some pretty crazy price tags these days, attainable), my personal favorite cameo appearance has to be Snoopy on the Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Limited Edition, closely followed by a cutesy caricature of Coco Chanel herself on the Madamoiselle J12. Keen to capitalize on a known commodity, Citizen has thrown its hat into the ring with a new range of Disney-inspired timepieces.

i5ZVEGb.jpg

sp_apollo13_snoopysilveraward_ambiance2_1600x1200.jpg

Citizen is obviously not the first brand to feature the character formerly known as Steamboat Willy on its dials. But did you know it isn’t even the second? Or the third? In fact, Mickey’s taste in timepieces starts to look awfully indiscriminate when you rattle off his list of brand partners: There’s the fabled Rolex run, of course, but also mainstream collaborations with Wittnauer, Bulova, Seiko, Timex, Bradley, Lorus, Nixon, and, perhaps coolest of all, Ingersoll (as well as others we haven’t time to mention).

QEaNxVg.jpg

As you can see from the above advert, Citizen is really going to town with their Disney partnership, using characters and leitmotifs from around the Disney Universe to promote their products. It’s cute, but I’m sure an effective partnership given Disney’s mass-appeal, and Citizen’s affordable price point (for the most part). The eight-piece collection will range from $295-$475 in price.

​Some pieces for the collectors. Thanks Mike.

Back
Top Bottom