Casio G-SHOCK Mudmaster Ref. GG-B100 Watch Hands-On | Review added 10/14/19 |ABTW

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
G-Shock-GG-B100-Mudmaster-Outdoor-Watch.jpg

aBlogtoWatch.com
Published on Mar 21, 2019

Casio G-SHOCK Mudmaster Ref. GG-B100 Watch Hands-On | New for Baselworld 2019 | aBlogtoWatch

G-Shock is releasing the all-new Mudmaster GG-B100 in July 2019. The GG-B100 is part of the recent wave of Carbon Core Guard G-Shocks and has a carbon fiber-reinforced case and a carbon fiber bezel.

The GG-B100 has a Quad Sensor but it is not the same Quad Sensor as the GWN-Q1000 Gulfmaster which included a water Depth Meter. Three of the sensors are the pressure sensor (altimeter and barometer), compass, and thermometer, and the fourth is a step counter. The GG-B100 will have the Bluetooth mobile link function that allows the watch to connect to the G-Shock Connected smartphone app for various functions such as automatic time adjustment, flight log, mission log, calorie consumption display, and automatic altitude correction. This is the first G-Shock watch to have both a Triple Sensor and Bluetooth connection.

A noticeable addition to this model that the other “junior” (non-GWG-1000) Mudmaster models lack is the front-facing light button. As with the new GA-2000 series, the new Carbon Core Guard case allows the watch to have guardless buttons. Unlike the sleeker look of the GA-2000, the GG-B100 retains the signature armored look of previous Mudmaster models with resin parts placed over the bezel.

The GG-B100 will launch with three colorways in July 2019 with the black GG-B100-1AJF, green GG-B100-1A3JF, and orange GG-B100-1A9JF. Casio America also announced the GGB100-1A3 for an August 2019 release with a list price of $350.

G-SHOCK-MUDMASTER-GG-B100.jpg
G-Shock-GG-B100-carbon-core-guard.jpg

Mudmaster-GG-B100-1A9.jpg
Mudmaster-GG-B100-1A3.jpg

One very impressive offering, for G-Shock, and ana-digi, fans, from Casio. Thanks Mike.

AGF-l7_kZJ82GLXHTGfx3X4dYaTfc9nbcStKKmNfig=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo
Oct 10, 2019

Casio G-Shock Mudmaster GG-B100 Watch Review | aBlogtoWatch

Ariel Adams of aBlogtoWatch reviews the Casio G-Shock Mudmaster GG-B100 watch, the first “connected” Mudmaster which includes Bluetooth connectivity between the watch and the G-Shock smartphone app. It is also the first G-Shock Quad-Sensor that includes a step counter (the three other sensors are a compass, barometer/altimeter, and thermometer). The Mudmaster features a highly legible analog-digital display with fully lumed hands and a negative-display LCD. The case architecture, known as “Carbon Core Guard,” uses more carbon fiber materials, resulting in a more shock-resistant and lighter watch. Price is $350 USD.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/casio-g...gg-b100-watch/

Casio-G-Shock-Mudmaster-GG-B100-GGB100-1A3-watch-3.jpg

Using the combination analog/digital face, the module inside the new Mudmaster has a slew of both new and expected functionality, including everything from a sunrise/sunset indicator and five daily alarms, to a world time indicator and a chronograph. All that is missing for me in the movement is solar-power generation, which means that the user merely needs to change batteries every few years. Stylewise, the new Mudmaster GG-B100 face is one of the best ana-digi dials I’ve ever seen from Casio, combining a very legible set of analog hands and hour markers (fully lumed) with an attractive negative-tone (darker color) LCD display located near 6 o’clock. A few years ago, I was still skeptical as to Casio’s ability to really make its analog dials G-Shock watches — outside of traditional markets in Japan and nearby — success stories. Today they have proven me wrong, and I find myself mostly wearing analog dial G-Shock over fully digital-dial alternatives. Why? Simply because they look a bit more attractive and mature. An analog dial also gives these types of watches a more high-end look, to be honest.

Casio-G-Shock-Mudmaster-GG-B100-GGB100-1A3-watch-10.jpg

Casio-G-Shock-Mudmaster-GG-B100-GGB100-1A3-watch-13.jpg

Casio-G-Shock-Mudmaster-GG-B100-GGB100-1A3-watch-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom