Check out the Peren Nera and it’s dirty surprise. How much lint is acceptable?

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AN66SAww0kaI6lA5-D-kThGC8flA3a8Nu1vdkuIYww=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Hands-On With The Peren Nera- How much lint is acceptable?

WatchReport.com
Published on Nov 1, 2018

From the company
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Before sending the watch to you I inspected it closely. There are some dust particles that are considered accepted in the micro brand watchmaking industry. I assumed the margin it may vary from brand to brand.

https://perenwatches.com/nera-2/nera

PerenNera.PNG

Nera
Swiss Made
Diameter: 39mm
Height: 13.50mm
Lug to Lug: 48.80mm
Case: Three tone 316L Stainless Steel
Bezel: Black PVD coated trapezoid
Functions: Rotating unidirectional
Crown: Screw-down
Caseback: Display back
Movement: Automatic ETA 2824-2
Functions: Hour/Minute/Second, Date at 3H
Power reserve: 40 Hours
Crystal: Scratch resistant domed Sapphire
Dial: Metal with applied indexes, Nera blue
Hands: Brass, white
Lume: BGW9 Superluminova, dial and hands
Strap: 20mm Genuine Leather, steel buckle
Water resistance: 200M/20ATM
Limited edition: 200 pieces

PerenNera1.jpg

PerenNera4.jpg
PerenNera5.jpg

I had a similar thing happen to me back in December of 2016 with Deep Blue. To their credit, Stan gave me options what I wanted to do and gave me a full refund on the watches after I was able to contact him. I really did like the watches, but unfortunately I sent both back. In hindsight, I wish I opted for an exchange on both and would have them in my collection today.

45619521692_055cd9185d_c.jpg
45619518372_61b51f40ce_c.jpg

And rightly so. Especially after the response the company gave him. If the dust is under the crystal, I hate to think what could be inside the movement. It doesn't take much. The slightest particles can foul up a movement.

Some of the responses from the video.
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

If this is the response the company's owner gives to a reviewer - someone who can seriously impact the brand's destiny, good or bad - what happens when a lowly consumer has the same issue? Seems like a potential PR disaster for a nascent brand.

No amount of dust under the crystal would be acceptable to me. How much dust is in the movement???😱. Now those of us who have watched the review won’t have to deal with them.

Lol what a hunk of junk, the letter is hilarious and a nail in their coffin. Micro brands appeal to enthusiasts almost exclusively I would bet, and enthusiasts care about the kind of stuff.

Fair review. Dust or fingerprints on the dial or underneath the crystal is not acceptable!

The watch looks great until you see the dust. The fact that the company considers this acceptable is crazy, I would never purchase from them.

Great review! Can't believe that they care so little about the product. Sometimes lint can happen but the rude response they gave back was completely unacceptable! Never would buy from them.

Thanks so much Don for the real honest review as usual. This dust issue is unacceptable for sure and the letter from the company is absurd. He’s put the nail in the coffin before even getting out the door.

the watch and movements look great but the dust is just unsettling and the fact that the company would not do anything about it I know from my standpoint I won't be doing any business with them

obviously, this company doesn't care about quality control when shipping out watches for sale or for a review. That is curious to me. If they don't care about dust and fingerprints, what else could potentially wrong with that watch? Is it water proof, and do they test for that? Would they care? Most people would think a watch with a screw down crown would be water proof, but with this watch maker, I wouldn't bet on that. In my opinion, it's a defective watch. I would never buy a watch from this company.

Makes you wonder what other corners they've cut on the way.

I never noticed dust on the dial of any watch. If you notice it, it’s unacceptable. The answer they gave that it’s normal is even worse.
On a different note, a rotating bezel with no markings might mean they plan on having models in the future that use the Bezel.

Sometimes these things get by when inspected by QC, it really shouldn't happen but on occasion they do. Easy problem to fix, send it back and get a new one. But the company's response to this persons complaint is just ridiculous. It just shows how uncaring they are about customer service and their products. (hmmm, that sounds familiar) I'll be willing to bet that most folks that are interested in reading watch reviews and read this one will now pass on buying anything from this brand... I certainly will never be a customer.

Sometimes these things get by when inspected by QC, it really shouldn't happen but on occasion they do. Easy problem to fix, send it back and get a new one. But the company's response to this persons complaint is just ridiculous. It just shows how uncaring they are about customer service and their products. (hmmm, that sounds familiar) I'll be willing to bet that most folks that are interested in reading watch reviews and read this one will now pass on buying anything from this brand... I certainly will never be a customer.
The companies response is really bad and no one in their right mind would buy from them. The vid could have been a lot shorter was my
point.

To bad the Peren Nera has such poor QC. I'd hate to take a chance and get a dusty TIMEpiece. It would've made a good substitute for the Patek Aquanaut.
Thanks Mike

to bad the Peren Nera has such poor QC. I'd hate to take a chance and get a dusty TIMEpiece. It would make a good substitute For the Pate k Aquanaut.
Thanks Mike
^^^^^+1:no:^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom