RELEASE THE KRAKEN! The Hamtun H2 Kraken

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AAuE7mA2bqiV5HKB-kQlcgmMdUlDYLpFkbpH4pMN=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Just One More Watch
Published on Feb 23, 2019

https://watchintyme.com/showthread.php?70513-HAMTUN-H2-KRAKEN-WATCH-REVIEW&highlight=Hamtun

​Clean, smooth, and easy read. Thanks Mike.

I cancelled my Kickstarter pledge for the Tsao Watch (DLC/Meteorite) because I just couldn’t get past the pin and collar bracelet. This model is tough coated titanium and now has a meteorite dial option that I selected. Screws in links, elabore Stelleta movement, stretch goal unlocked for titanium ratcheting clasp - I may stay the course for this one.

:outstand::up::applaud:

I cancelled my Kickstarter pledge for the Tsao Watch (DLC/Meteorite) because I just couldn’t get past the pin and collar bracelet. This model is tough coated titanium and now has a meteorite dial option that I selected. Screws in links, elabore Stelleta movement, stretch goal unlocked for titanium ratcheting clasp - I may stay the course for this one.

I’am In also, leaning towards the white dial with the Seiko NH35 Movement. Have The H1 from the original KS campaign, great watch for the money. This upgraded new KS version looks even better, and I trust Ross (creator) to deliver on his commitments. Almost 1,200 supporters with 14 days to go, speaks for itself.

:outstand::cool::applaud:

I’am In also, leaning towards the white dial with the Seiko NH35 Movement. Have The H1 from the original KS campaign, great watch for the money. This upgraded new KS version looks even better, and I trust Ross (creator) to deliver on his commitments. Almost 1,200 supporters with 14 days to go, speaks for itself.

I'm in for one, as well. This Kickstarter campaign has gotten quite a response.

I just saw that there was a blue option as well as a couple more possible dial color options (light blue, orange, yellow). I just backed off of the meteorite and will get one of the color dial options. Will likely go with light blue if that is made available (it has not been confirmed yet). Below is the blue dial that has been confirmed:

Kraken Watch by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

I just saw that there was a blue option as well as a couple more possible dial color options (light blue, orange, yellow). I just backed off of the meteorite and will get one of the color dial options. Will likely go with light blue if that is made available (it has not been confirmed yet). Below is the blue dial that has been confirmed:

Kraken Watch by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

Rob I think you made a good decision. As much as I am a fan of Ross and Hamtun, I just think the Meteorite Dial Choice is a stretch for him at this stage, both on price, and his ability to have to redesign the case thickness, purchase and integrate quality Meteorite dials, and properly regulate Asian Selitta movements. This is just my opinion, but that is why I am keeping it simple, and sticking with an NH35 white or maybe Light Blue, or Grey pebble Dial, if offered, in the already designed and tested Prototype case. For meterorite dials, check out Zelos, I have 3, and all are outstanding, especially my latest Ti skyraider, Elshan is an experienced Pro.

I'm not crazy about this one right now and nothing really separates it from the flood of watches that constantly hit the market. Once I see more actual production models, I may feel different. It's only a matter of time before they end up on Mass-drop if I should have a change of heart.

6dDtfTWkRVuu89zdbMiE_Hamtun.jpg

Pledge £219 or moreABOUT $291

Super early bird

One of our brand new Kraken H2 titanium automatic dive watches in your choice of colour. All H2 models come with our scratch-resistant coating as standard.
Seiko NH35a movement by default. Add £100 to upgrade to the Swiss Sellita SW200 elaboré grade movement.

INCLUDES:
  • Titanium bracelet
  • Kraken H2 titanium watch

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Sep 2019
SHIPS TO Anywhere in the world

Reward no longer available
450 backers :think:
Limited to 200 orders

Pledge £239 or more ABOUT $317

Early bird

One of our brand new Kraken H2 titanium automatic dive watches in your choice of colour. All H2 models come with our scratch-resistant coating as standard.
Seiko NH35a movement by default. Add £100 to upgrade to the Swiss Sellita SW200 elaboré grade movement.

INCLUDES:
  • Titanium bracelet
  • Kraken H2 titanium watch

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Sep 2019
SHIPS TO Anywhere in the world

Reward no longer available
575 backers :dunno:
Limited to 200 orders

image.php

I'm not a big fan of titanium watches, I can count on one hand the ones I own, my favorite is the Tempest Commodore. Haldor had the HHC hard coating now this scratch-resistant “tough” titanium clear finish. I wonder if these finishes are such "game changers" why other brands don't use them. Obviously it must not be an expensive process judging by the KS prices.

l0iNTS.jpg
R6GtcJ.jpg
AQv30d.jpg
UQxjiM.jpg
U2HNGU.jpg

A little plain for my tastes but this one looks like it is well made and perfect for the traditional diver fan. It has so super cool stuff going on with it:)

I just saw the rendering for the light blue dial - after seeing this one, I will be majorly disappointed if it does not make the final cut. Our local high school colors are light blue and red - the red pip on the second hand really seals the deal for me on this one if it makes it!

Kraken Watch Light Blue by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

I just saw the rendering for the light blue dial - after seeing this one, I will be majorly disappointed if it does not make the final cut. Our local high school colors are light blue and red - the red pip on the second hand really seals the deal for me on this one if it makes it!

Kraken Watch Light Blue by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

Agree with you Rob, if this Light Blue makes it in, I think I will switch my White choice to it. I think a light blue dial with black ceramic Bezel will look really nice, and unusual against the Ti greyish color.

We’ve finally settled on the colour options for the remaining Kraken H2 options. Backers are voting on them right now...

All backers get a vote, and we’ll make any that get enough votes to justify it. So that could be one of them, it could be three.

Remember, the black dial, white dial, dark blue dial and meteorite dial are all already confirmed, these are in addition to those 4.

Here are the options:​
mail
mail
mail
mail
Other stretch goals

As a result of the great success of the campaign so far, we've got some other great stretch goals coming. The following are confirmed:

• Free integrated rubber straps for everyone
  • Multiple new colour options to pick from
  • Optional 12-hour bezel for tracking a second timezone
  • Ratcheting titanium clasp
So get your pre-order in now, and remember:

• Only backers get a vote on which colours we make
  • You won't be charged until 2nd April
  • You can change your mind before 2nd April and not get charged, but if you miss the current pricing you won't be able to get it later
  • Once Kickstarter ends, so do pre-orders. Kickstarter is your only chance to get the Kraken H2 at reduced pricing. On April 2nd pre-orders end and we will not be selling them again until late summer when stock arrives, at which point the price will be significantly higher.

Back
Top Bottom