leelovesbug

Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member
Christopher Ward
Winter stories – giving back in the season of goodwill
It’s officially that time of year: the countdown to Christmas has begun. Which is why we wanted to tell some Winter Stories, featuring six people close to the brand describing how they’ll be spending the winter season (along with a watch that reflects their speciality).

Our Winter Stories also mark a way of giving a little back in this season of goodwill. In the six weeks up to Christmas Day, 5% of the proceeds from five watches will be donated to Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE), a charity that seeks to protect the world’s oceans. This means that not only are you buying a special gift for someone close to you, but you’ll be making a positive difference this Christmas time.

For more information on the watches and people involved – starting off with modern explorer, Jamie Maddison – head over to our Winter Stories page now:
The C1 Moonglow
In stock and ready to ship

A modern take on the traditional moonphase, the C1 Moonglow features two perpetually moving moons that have been coated with top-grade Super-LumiNova for excellent luminosity. It’s available now – and 5% of its proceeds will be donated to Blue Marine Foundation.
C1 Moonglow
CW Showroom
Extended showroom
opening hours

To meet demand over the festive period, our showroom at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead will be opening on Thursday and Saturday evenings in the build-up to Christmas. Head to our showroom page for more information:
Save £100 off your
next purchase

100XMAS19: £100 off purchases of £500 or more*
Winter voucher
Save $125 off your
next purchase

125XMAS19: $125 off purchases of $625 or more*
mail
*Valid until midnight 24 November 2019. Enter code in the “promo code” box at checkout to apply the saving. Voucher codes are not valid on clearance, sale, nearly new or archive items. T&Cs apply, see vouchers for details.
12 months Interest Free Credit
As part of our commitment to making quality Swiss-made watches available to as many people as possible, our UK customers are now able to spread the cost of their new watch over a 12 month period when spending £500 or more – making that new CW even easier to buy.
Free standard delivery worldwide, 60-day free returns, 5-year movement guarantee
mail
FOLLOW CHRISTOPHER WARD
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Contact Us
What our customers say about us
Christopher Ward
Christopher Ward, 1 Park Street,
Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SL, United Kingdom

Last edited:
WinterStories-banner.jpg

Paige Bellerby
In the run-up to Christmas, we caught up with six people close to the brand to find out how they’ll be spending the holidays. Then the team got together to nominate the current CW model they feel would best suit each as a Christmas present. It’s time to meet Rallycross driver Paige Bellerby…

paige-bellerby-rallycross.jpg

Paige Bellerby, a racing driver from North Yorkshire, first competed in the British Rallycross Championship age 14 – and, amazingly, won. It made her the first female – and youngest person – to ever do so. She still races each season, but last October also joined the British Army’s Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers – completing basic training earlier this year – so life’s now more full-on than ever. In the day job she’s currently doing her Phase 2 training, which should be completed early in 2020; after that she’ll be posted to a new unit.

“My Army leave runs from 20 December until just after New Year,” Paige says, “so this year I’m lucky to be able to spend Christmas at home with my family and partner. The biggest treat we get is that my dad insists on doing all the cooking – the only time he cooks all year! My parents are separated, so Christmas is extra special as they come together for the day so we can all spend it together. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy: a simple quiet time with loved ones and friends would be perfect after a crazy, busy year.”

Paige-Bellerby-Profile.jpg

quote.png
This year I’m lucky to be able to spend Christmas at home with my family and partner. The biggest treat we get is that my dad insists on doing all the cooking – the only time he cooks all year!”

Paige Bellerby

For her fourth ever Christmas, Paige was bought a pair of memorable presents – a doll and a pram from her mum, and a 50cc quad bike from her dad. “That was the gift that started my passion for motor sport,” she says, “so I think it’s fair to say that mum wasted her money on that one!”

There’ll be no racing over winter – “the budget isn’t there for the team to take part in the winter Rallycross series this year,” Paige says, “although we would have loved to take part” – but there’s lots to look forward to in 2020.

The next season begins in April, of course, and Paige intends to compete strongly again, but this year she’ll also be competing in the Armed Forces Karting Championship, representing the Army. “Naturally, I’m really stoked to see how that goes,” she says.

Paige-Bellerby-REME.jpg
Photo: Mike Petch

This makes it a good time of year for Paige to get the most from her Christopher Ward, a C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase. “I love it,” she says, “but I tend not to wear it on a daily basis, as I like to keep it in condition it came in. But it’s perfect to accessorise with on those evenings where I get to dress up a bit, such as awards nights and Christmas.”

In the meantime, winter will see plenty of man-hours in the garage prepping Paige’s car. “We’ll begin a full re-build of the Lotus soon,” she says, “hoping to put in a newly-built engine and upgraded parts – driveshafts and the like – to withstand the extra power we’re hoping to get. As for my own training, that never stops; partially because in my job we’re always undergoing physical training, and partly because when on leave I try to continue this at home. I don’t really ‘dread’ any aspect of it – even running outside in winter – though, of course, it’s better when it’s dry and warm.”

C65 Trident Automatic

For anybody who has met Paige, you wouldn’t necessarily know you were speaking to the first female to win a British Rallycross Championship aged just 14 from her down to earth and smiley demeanour. As somebody who spends her days training with the British Army and, time permitting, tearing around a mixture of asphalt and dirt over a race weekend, there was a CW particularly suited to Paige’s lifestyle: the C65 Trident Automatic. Rugged yet casual, its automatic movement’s anti-shock system can withstand its fair share of knocks, while its slim case can slip under a jumpsuit for that shot from the podium.

Discover the watch

C65 Trident Automatic dial

C65 Trident Automatic laydown

5% of the proceeds of this watch will be donated to the Blue Marine Foundation charity

Quite an accomplishment for Paige's Professional Rallycross Championship win.

Christopher Ward
Winter stories – helping the planet this Christmas

With just over a month to go until Christmas, we arrive at the third of our Winter Stories – this time covering CW Challenger and ocean racer Lizzy Foreman’s French take on festivities, plus her anticipation for the Vendée Globe in 2020.

As we approach halfway through our Winter Stories, it’s worth reiterating the focus behind them. With six people close to CW sharing how they’re spending this time of year – from their Christmas, to other projects and the year to come – we’ve recommended a bestselling model that matches their talent. And most importantly, 5% of the proceeds from each will be donated to Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE).

Find out more about Lizzy, her story and her CW (clue: it needs to be robust enough to withstand days at a time out at sea) below:

In depth with Blue Marine Foundation

We are donating 5% of the proceeds from the watches in our Winter Stories to Blue Marine Foundation; but what exactly do they do? Our new blog talks you through their aims and the science behind it all.
Blue Marine Foundation
CW Showroom
Select that special something at our showroom

In the build-up to Christmas, our showroom at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead is now open on Saturdays plus Thursday evenings. There are still appointments available – so to avoid missing out, book yours today:
Save $125 off your
next purchase

Winter voucher
*Valid until midnight 24 November 2019. Enter code in the “promo code” box at checkout to apply the saving. Voucher codes are not valid on clearance, sale, nearly new or archive items. T&Cs apply, see vouchers for details.
Free standard shipping worldwide, 60-day free returns, 5-year movement guarantee
mail
FOLLOW CHRISTOPHER WARD
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Contact Us
Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward
Winter stories – Giving back in the season of goodwill
How does a two-time Olympian celebrate Christmas? In the case of rower Will Satch, it turns out the water is never too far away – as his entry into our Winter Stories reveals.

Featuring six people close to the brand and their plans for this time of year and into 2020, our Winter Stories link a current CW bestseller to their talent – and we’ll be donating 5% of the proceeds from five watches to Blue Marine Foundation(Blue).

Covering his festivities and plans for next year (hint: it may involve a large sporting event in Tokyo), read Will’s story below:
mail
Until Christmas, 5% of the proceeds from a selection of watches will be donated to Blue Marine Foundation, a charity that protects the world’s oceans.

Under the radar
with the C60 Abyss

One of the models featured as part of our Winter Stories, the C60 Abyss teams blacked-out visuals with the upgrades introduced as part of our Trident 3 family. It may be stealthy in appearance, but it’ll leave a lasting impression.
C60 Abyss
Save $125 off your
next purchase

Winter voucher
*Valid until midnight 24 December 2019. Enter code in the “promo code” box at checkout to apply the saving. Voucher codes are not valid on clearance, sale, nearly new or archive items. T&Cs apply, see vouchers for details.
Free standard shipping worldwide, 60-day free returns, 5-year movement guarantee
mail
FOLLOW CHRISTOPHER WARD
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Contact Us
Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward
Winter stories – giving back in the season of goodwill
It’s official: December has arrived, and those that way inclined can start to get in the festive spirit! Somebody who certainly will be doing so is opera singer Jenni France, the latest focus of our Winter Stories and who will be helping the homeless on Christmas Eve. And her plans for next year? There’s the small matter of performing at London’s Royal Opera House…

To discover how an opera singer spends a time of year synonymous with choirs and carols, and about the watch she inspired, the C65 Anthropocene – 5% of whose proceeds will be donated to an environmental charity* – read the newest of our Winter Stories below:
*5% of the proceeds from the C65 Anthropocene will be donated to ClientEarth, an environmental charity selected by Anthropocene’s composer Stuart MacRae.
Vintage cool –
the C65 Anthropocene

A watch inspired by Scottish Opera’s ‘Anthropocene’, this 300-piece limited edition combines wintry visuals with the power of a GMT-ready Sellita SW330 movement.
C65 Anthropocene Limited Edition
CW Showroom
Pick that perfect gift
for under the tree

With our showroom at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead open for the two remaining Saturdays before Christmas, book your private appointment now to find the ideal gift for the big day.
Save $125 off your
next purchase

Winter voucher
*Valid until midnight 24 December 2019. Enter code in the “promo code” box at checkout to apply the saving. Voucher codes are not valid on clearance, sale, nearly new or archive items. T&Cs apply, see vouchers for details.
mail
FOLLOW CHRISTOPHER WARD
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Contact Us
Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward
Winter stories – Giving back in the season of goodwill
In the final of our Winter Stories, CW Challenger and racing driver Jody Fannin swaps cars for carbs as he plans a gastronomically decadent Christmas period away from the track!

As someone who spends the year racing around some of the world’s most iconic circuits, we partnered Jody with the C65 Black Gold – a watch with automotive spirit thanks to its John Player Special-esque colour scheme. Most significantly, 5% of the proceeds from the C65 Black Gold will be donated to environmental charity Blue Marine Foundation.

And Jody’s ideal Christmas gift? It’s actually one for 2020…
mail
Until Christmas, 5% of the proceeds from a selection of watches will be donated to Blue Marine Foundation, a charity that protects the world’s oceans.

Win a two-night stay in Cornwall*

Christopher Ward have partnered with The Nare Hotel, Cornwall, to offer a unique prize. For the chance to win a two-night stay at this five-star country house hotel, a C3 Morgan Chronograph and a day’s hire of the Nare’s Morgan 4/4 car, simply enter* by emailing your name and preferred contact details to [email protected].
The Nare Hotel Competition
Last Guaranteed Order Dates for Christmas
Interest Free Credit
12 month Interest Free Credit

As part of our commitment to making quality Swiss-made watches available to as many people as possible, our UK customers are now able to spread the cost of their new watch over a 12 month period when spending £500 or more – making that new CW even easier to buy.
SAVE £100 OFF
your next purchase

Use code 100XMAS19 in the promo code box at checkout to save £100 off purchases of £500 or more.**
Winter voucher
*This competition closes on 20th December and the winner will be contacted on 23rd December. By entering this competition, you confirm you are happy to subscribe to The Nare newsletter. Full T&C’s can be found on our website.

**Valid until midnight 24 December 2019. Enter code in the “promo code” box at checkout to apply the saving. Voucher codes are not valid on clearance, sale, nearly new or archive items. T&Cs apply, see vouchers for details.
Free standard delivery worldwide, 60-day free returns, 5-year movement guarantee
mail
FOLLOW CHRISTOPHER WARD
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Contact Us
Christopher Ward

Back