TGV: Join me August 1, 2018 from 5-8 pm at the Bremont NYC Boutique drinks and fun

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
ACSszfE90sZZKGiBlX8pV_qB3_LKoHNH5_rxvGBl9w=s88-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Published on Jul 18, 2018

You're Invited! - A Quick Special Announcement For The Good Gentry - August 1, 2018 NYC Today I share a brief video inviting you to what will hopefully be the first of many get-togethers for the Urban Gentry!Join me on August 1, 2018 from 5-8 pm at the Bremont NYC Boutique for a fun evening of drinks and watch talk.Whether you are a super luxury collector with every Rolex and haute horology piece known to man or just getting into the hobby, we welcome you! To attend and for more details on this exclusive and private event, please RSVP via the link below. We look forward to seeing you there!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScmcZxJDo-qZpXtulXr_ZwrswztZH8B47WJxwMl7R8uoH8vTg/viewform RSVP link

That should be a good time for sure.:cheers: Thanks Mike.:hat:

I would enjoy it if I was in NYC on that day.

Also, thanks for posting because those that shun a horological education and YouTube would have no idea about it.
:jaw:

This event was today. Naturally I was there with my NYC partner in crime Timecat.

A brief overview before the pics.

The doors opened for this private event at around 5:15pm and the small boutique filled up quickly. They had some free drinks, always nice. There were quite a few other internet watch folks there who I recognized more by face than name. It was a decent gathering overall and we got to learn a little about the brand from the helpful sales staff. There wasn't much going on from there besides a bunch of folks sharing their watches, drinking and chatting. Was hoping for a little more of a discussion or something but hey, free drinks and swag so who can complain.

my favorite watch in the store was this or the waterman (Robert has pics)

for me flavored tonic water with lime... Robert added some Gin...

So this ejector seat is poised at the front of the store. They have a model, that the case is built to specs where the watch can survive a launch from an ejector seat and still run at COSC specs. A Bremont thing is special editions. There is a special edition of the watch that only pilots who've been ejected from a plane in flight are allowed to buy.

TGV from a distance.

Swag

Thanks for the update, information, and photos, Gavin.:cheers: Looks like a marvelous time indeed.:hat:

Classy event--exactly what you'd expect from TGV. The Gin and Tonics were a welcome plus on an extremely hot and humid day in Manhattan.

attachment.php

Really enjoyed talking to the salesman (Kevin) about Bremont. The Waterman is a limited edition of 300 aimed at the U.S. market. Some of the proceeds will go to restoration of the reef system around the U.S.

Like Gavin, this was my favorite watch, but for $6,000 with an ETA movement, I doubt it will be on my buy list anytime soon.

View attachment 16200

View attachment 16201

The crowd was interesting. Gavin and I spotted some cool watches--a Glycine Airman, a Breitling Superocean Heritage on mesh, a couple of Rolex's, a Panerai, and a Raven orange dial (not sure which model). Gavin had on his Omega Aqua Terra and I had my new Ball Spacemaster Orbital ii.

TGV didn't say a whole lot, just that this was the first event that he had sponsored and he hoped there would be many more. He's also collaborating with NTH on his first watch project. Could be interesting.....

Much like Breitling, Bremont has some fairly interesting displays:

View attachment 16199

The Waterman next to Gavin's Omega Aqua Terra. Note the awesome new Omega Nato!

View attachment 16202

Gavin trying on the Waterman

View attachment 16203

thanks for the add on pics Robert. nice watches overall but my personal opinion is that they seem a little overpriced compared to other brands in the market segment. As always, if you love the design, then it's right for you.

I'm not sure, but that could be Gavin's wrist and his Omega @ the 3:59 mark.

yep absolutely is and Robert's Ball is just before it!

I'm a celeb now boys.... no autographs!

lol

I had no clue Robert had one of his Balls in the shot. I had to go back and take a peek and I see that big beautiful Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster Orbital II Chronograph.

Back
Top Bottom