Timetraveler Funeral **UPDATED 3/10**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timetraveler Funeral **UPDATED 3/10**

First and foremost I think we all need to extend a very heartfelt "Thank You" to Mike "RoadWarrior" for the WONDERFUL video tribute and for the Memorial info. Mike, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for that. Bill was a close friend of mine for the last 14 years and it means a lot that you took the time to do that. On a more somber note Bill's funeral is next Saturday here in Shreveport at 1100 CST. My family and I will attend. While I think photos would be tacky (although Bill would think it's absolutely hilarious!!!) I will post about how it went and things like that. Thanks again to all for your well wished to Mary and his family.

UPDATED>>>>>>>>>

I went to Bill's funeral this morning at 11. It was a nice service. I didn't know anybody there except a few people from the City Marshal's and Prosecutor's office. I guess there was about 100 people there, most of which seemed to be family. Bill was cremated so they had him on a table in a green marble box. Next to that was a great picture of him and a candle. Around that were some really nice orange and the like colored flowers. There were a few stands with orchid arrangements around the front of the seating area. On a table was his Bill Peck Day proclamation certificate along with some old photos. Some great music from many different ears was playing and a wonderful slide show was on the large screen. The reverend that spoke was easy to listen to and spoke casually and in a way that Bill would have liked. He was relatable and even had us laughing a few times. He spoke for about 35 minutes and 2 songs were played within. I knew Bill pretty well but learned some more things I didn't know. He really was a remarkable man that if his life was a book it would be a great read. I didn't speak to Mary or the family because I knew they had their hands full with all their family members. I spoke to a few people and quietly slipped out. Overall it was a quaint service that suited Bill's style....humble and let it's content shine above words and pomp. When I tallk to MAry or hiskids i will pass along everyones wishes here. Thanks to all for the love. Have agreat rest of the weekend, everyone. Tip a sip for TT this evening:)
    Some men are morally opposed to violence. Fortunately for them, the men that protect them are not

Brad...no one here knew Bill as well as you. My sympathies go to you, Mary, and Bill’s family. Please wish her my best during this difficult time.

Comment

Thank you for keeping us informed--we appreciate it.

Comment

BRAD I always knew u were a friend of TT and that gave u instant chops...but this is about TT...I much appreciated the bio by RW...and as u all know SB is the # 1 fanboy of TT's folksy blue highways travelogues-

but somber reflection and mourning is the watch word for TT's inhumation ritual-

-imho internet destroys in ways we do not understand yet...my regret... being TT's net pal a meagre substitute for being the man's friend-

-i remember, reflect,mourn,honor

Comment

Thank you so much for keeping us informed. Again, my sympathies/prayers go out to his family during this difficult time.

Joe C.

Comment

Thank you for keeping us updated, Brad. Please convey my deepest, and sincerest condolences, to Mary, and Bill's family.

Comment

Brad.. Thanks for constant updates and being such a great friend. Please express my deepest sympathies and condolences to Mary and Bill's entire family and friends.

Comment

Working...
              X