leelovesbug

Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member
https://wgntv.com/2020/02/21/costco-...om-food-court/

POSTED 2:13 PM, FEBRUARY 21, 2020

If you frequent the Costco food court for cheap hot dogs and pizza, but you are not a member, you aren’t going to be able to do that for much longer.

Costco says buying items from the food court has always required a membership.

They just haven’t enforced it — until now.

According to a Costco spokesperson, starting in March, the warehouse chain will require you to have an active membership to visit the food court.

It costs about $60 a year for basic membership.

IMG_0369.jpg

8 Things You Can Do at Costco Without a Membership

Updated: January 16, 2020 https://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/...t-a-membership

A Costco membership is required to get in the door and into the food court at many Costco locations. Yet if you live in a warmer climate where the food court is outside the store, food can be purchased without membership. Costco is known for serving pizza, hot dogs, and other morsels for less than $5.Mar 22, 2016

costco-alcohol-2018-1-1538577273-750x563.jpg

In some states it’s illegal to require a membership for alcohol purchases, so you can buy alcohol even if you don’t have a Costco membership.

Booze at Costco is super cheap. We even did a breakdown of how many bottles of wine it would take to pay for your Costco membership! Plus, the Kirkland brand alcohol is high quality, tastes good and it’s about half the price of most brand-name spirits.

These states allow you to legally buy alcohol from Costco without a membership:
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Indiana
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • New York
  • Texas
  • Vermont
TIP: Most employees don’t even realize you can buy alcohol without a membership, so expect that they’ll need to check with a manager before you’ll be allowed to buy.​

4. Get an eye exam.

costco-eye-exam-2018-1-1538577351-750x563.jpg

You can get the famous $60 Costco eye exam yourself, no membership required.

Costco optometrists will let you make an appointment even if you don’t have a membership, but you will still need to be a member or have a Costco shop card to buy contacts or eyeglasses.

6. Fill prescriptions at the pharmacy.

costco-prescription-2018-1-1538577414-750x563.jpg

You can use the Costco pharmacy (and get its low prices) without being a member.

Whenever you need a prescription filled, just have your doctor call the pharmacy, and then you’ll pick it up like you would any pharmacy. And you don’t need to be a member to buy your medication either!

With respect to :

..... if you live in a warmer climate where the food court is outside the store, food can be purchased without membership. Costco is known for serving pizza, hot dogs, and other morsels for less than $5.....

My nearest location is in the wing of an old-style mall. When you enter, the food court is entirely open to the interior of the mall, and it is highly patronized. In fact, you have to turn a corner away from the food court to actually enter the Costco.

yeah.. i like how state law mandates for NON-MEMBERS access to liquor store-eye exam-pharma...thx RW

We don't have a Costco here, so it looks like I'm safe!:lol:

'Bout time they booted the freeloaders! The bums that get into the food court then walk into the main store and get the free samples and rotate back into the lines over and over. I have never taken a free sample myself but I see the moochers all the time.

'Bout time they booted the freeloaders! The bums that get into the food court then walk into the main store and get the free samples and rotate back into the lines over and over. I have never taken a free sample myself but I see the moochers all the time.

Tell us how you really feel Tom...LOL...I bet you'd take one from this cowboy...

4.jpg

^^^Larry Hagman aka JR Ewing from "Dallas" & Major Tony Nelson aka "I dream of Jeannie" or an imposter of both LOL!

That's great Lee...he was a good sport for sure...that would have really cool to stumble in on that! A few got the Major "Nelson" ref...

Wife and I went to Costco yesterday. After doing our shopping we stopped at the food court for a hot dog and coke. It was amazing how uncrowded it was compared to before, and how easy it was to find a table to sit at. Way better imho.

Back
Top Bottom