🦠COVID-19🦠

Updated
Feb. 17, 2020, 9:04 a.m. ET 10 minutes ago
Coronavirus Updates: Evacuated Americans Carried Virus From Cruise Ship to Airplane
Fourteen passengers, who were believed to be well before they were evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan on Monday, were found to be infected before boarding a charter plane to the United States.

merlin_169044468_c2dc41e3-1a55-4794-84f0-b855022cd9b6-superJumbo.jpg

Americans evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship arrived early Monday at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/w...#link-1fade8c5

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51524460

American officials learned evacuees were infected shortly before boarding a chartered flight.
Fourteen Americans who tested positive for the coronavirus were evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan on Monday and flown to the United States, where they will be placed in isolation and receive medical attention.

The passengers were among more than 300 Americans aboard a cruise ship that has been quarantined in Yokohama for more than 10 days. U.S. officials initially said that they would not allow infected people to board the evacuation flights, but they appeared to reverse that decision early Monday.

“During the evacuation process, after passengers had disembarked the ship and initiated transport to the airport, U.S. officials received notice that 14 passengers, who had been tested 2-3 days earlier, had tested positive for COVID-19,” the State Department and Department of Health and Human Services said in a joint statement, referring to the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

The two planes chartered to bring the Americans back landed early Monday at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, Calif.

The infected passengers — who officials said were asymptomatic and “fit to fly” — were moved into a specialized containment area on the evacuation aircraft, where they were to be isolated and monitored.

All the cruise ship passengers, including those who initially tested negative for the virus, will be placed in a 14-day quarantine.

Those who develop symptoms or test positive will be sent to “an appropriate location for continued isolation and care,” the statement added.

14-passengers-on-us-charter-flights-evacuating-the-diamond-princess-have-tested-positive-for-coronavirus.jpg

200216122935-02-us-diamond-princess-repatriated-0217-super-tease.jpg

My wife and I were planning a vacation to Hokkaido Japan for this summer. We cancelled it this past weekend because of the coronavirus. We're maybe headed to Switzerland instead.

Coronavirus has spread to nearly 30 countries

Feb 20, 2020

ABC News

ABC News’ Ian Pannell joins us live from Yokohama, Japan, following the deaths of two passengers aboard a quarantined cruise ship.

but MR. NATURAL what is the COVID-19 mortality rate ? and how does it differ in severity from common place influenza ?

WOMEN's immune systems appear to mount a more powerful response to COVAD-19... why ? scientists not sure but maybe women have a more powerful immune system to protect and nurture their young... the flip side of women's powerful immune system is women are subject to 80% more auto-immune diseases...

in CHINA 50% MALES SMOKE AS opposed to 2% women smokers... women also wash their hands more frequently... men not so much

COVAD-19 interrupts supply chains from WATCHES to LOBSTERS...BLOOMBERG NEWS

global supply chains still a " good idea " ? in the face of global pandemic ...income inequality...climate change

Feb 24, 2020

CBC News

Fears of a potential coronavirus pandemic grew on Monday after sharp rises in new COVID-19 cases were reported in Iran, Italy and South Korea. Infectious disease expert Dr. Peter Daszak says he wouldn't be surprised if the World Health Organization declared the disease a pandemic in the next two weeks.

Thomson Reuters · Posted: Feb 24, 2020 7:02 AM ET | Last Updated: an hour ago
1208325092.jpg

Disinfection professionals wearing protective gear spray antiseptic solution against the coronavirus at the National Assembly in Seoul on Monday. (Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images)

1202936202.jpg

Tourists wearing protective masks visit the Piazza San Marco, in Venice, on Sunday during the usual period of the Carnival festivities, which were cancelled for the last two days due to an outbreak of COVID-19 in northern Italy. (Andrea Pattaro/AFP/Getty Images)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/fear-m...hina-1.5473446

Air Canada cancels flights to China until April

Feb 26, 2020

CBC News

Air Canada is extending its suspension of flights between Canada and mainland China until April as the number of coronavirus cases continues to grow. The airline's stock is down 27 per cent since mid-January.

well yes... well said ROAD WARRIOR mortality partito ... " like the sands in the hour glass so goes the days of our lives "

but this is a watch site for guys strangelessly but harmlessly obsessed with mechanical tyme keepers...

- supply chains interrupted ? yes... chinese supply chains short term interruption...but

supply vastly exceeds demand imho... except for 2 brilliant companies I can think of that have revved up demand and modulated supply

also... virus will dampen demand...in watches...demand was challenged for a couple few reasons prior to the BAT VIRUS...GOOD NEWS...as they say in BIG EASY..." let the good tymes roll " ...translation... a plethora of value watches

swiss quartz especially good value in prestige names

and ...many SWISS MECHANICALS over 40mm NOS will be killer values as the case gets SHRINKAGE

- wash hands

-move away from visible ill

-maybe quit touching mouth-nose-ears-eyes- and all other openings and body cavities

ScottyB commented
Today, 01:15 PM
well yes... well said ROAD WARRIOR mortality partito ... " like the sands in the hour glass so goes the days of our lives "

but this is a watch site for guys strangelessly but harmlessly obsessed with mechanical tyme keepers...

- supply chains interrupted ? yes... chinese supply chains short term interruption...but

supply vastly exceeds demand imho... except for 2 brilliant companies I can think of that have revved up demand and modulated supply

also... virus will dampen demand...in watches...demand was challenged for a couple few reasons prior to the BAT VIRUS...GOOD NEWS...as they say in BIG EASY..." let the good tymes roll " ...translation... a plethora of value watches

swiss quartz especially good value in prestige names

and ...many SWISS MECHANICALS over 40mm NOS will be killer values as the case gets SHRINKAGE

- wash hands

-move away from visible ill

-maybe quit touching mouth-nose-ears-eyes- and all other openings and body cavities

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...-more-tolerant-of-hand-sanitizers-study-finds

I've been in hundred of nursing homes, chronic care facilities and hospitals through the years. I've probably come in contact with things I never should have or even knew that I did. I've delivered trailer loads of hospice disinfectant sprays and anything else in that department. I would have never got past my first stop if I had to worry about this kind of stuff. Even with restrooms and hand blowers you still need to touch the doorknob when leaving in any public restroom facility. It became automatic for me to always carry disposable wipes to grab the door knob and hold it open with my foot when leaving. Nothing is better than really hot water and soap.

dog in HONG KONG found to have " low level " of COVID-19

hey remember ROAD WARRIOR'S ADMONITION ! do not kiss your dog on the mouth ! and don't even think about slipping in some tongue

yeah ...trivia...actually there is no difference between washing with cold/ or hot water...the water would have to be above boiling to matter...

BUT YES WASH HANDS FREQUENTLY ! ...and like ROAD WARRIOR... avoid those nasty door knobs...they are the enemy of watch crystals ..AND NASTY VIRUS HOTEL

- and the mortality rate is serious... the DOC on TV said 1 in 1,000 die from flu...aka influenza... but from this virus...3 out of 100 die...that's a lot...imagine a party of 100 for you... i mean 3 friends or relatives will meet their maker ?

Mar 1, 2020

MSNBC

The coronavirus outbreak continues to rise in the U.S. with two more cases confirmed in Washington state. That makes 74 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. The White House is telling Americans the disease is still under control as they urge the public to stay calm.

Back
Top Bottom