In Honor Of The $3.4 Million Dollar Sale Of The Bullitt Mustang, The Original Uncut Chase Sequence.

If it is verified to be the real one, which I am sure this is. I remember when they found it and went through it all, so this should be. I bet it goes for somewhere around $1.5 million.

This ain't going to be cheap, that's for sure!:wink: Thanks Jim.:hat:

One of the greatest chase scenes in movie making history. It is amazing that it's still around and running. The big question is, will the new owner leave it as is or will they restore it. I hope it gets restored.

There is such a mystique around this car that I'm not sure who has what...I know that the movie folks usually had more than one car normally just in case...far be it from me...but the price will be astronomical...I hope the buyer gets what he pays for...

According to the video there was a second car that had cameras attached but this is the only one they had to use for the big chase scenes... If it got wrecked while filming they would have been in big trouble... No second car.

There is such a mystique around this car that I'm not sure who has what...I know that the movie folks usually had more than one car normally just in case...far be it from me...but the price will be astronomical...I hope the buyer gets what he pays for...

Just Happened Today, Steve McQueens Bullitt Mustang Sells For $3.4 Million Dollars At Mecum Car Auction.

The star of the movie, a 1968 Mustang Fastback,
was sold at Mecum Auctions on, "Friday, January 10, 2020 for $3.4 million dollars. "
The film was made by McQueen's Solar Productions company,
with his partner Robert E. Relyea as executive producer.
Featured film locations: San Francisco
List: National Film Registry
Directed by: Peter Yates, McQueen

("Video starts at 47 seconds into video.")

920x920.jpg

I really hope that the new owner takes good care of it and puts it on display for fans to see. Though I respect that the car's previous owner's father could do whatever that he wanted to do with it, it was kind of a shame that he kept it locked away for so many decades away from Mustang fans and just let the car rust away.

I really hope that the new owner takes good care of it and puts it on display for fans to see. Though I respect that the car's previous owner's father could do whatever that he wanted to do with it, it was kind of a shame that he kept it locked away for so many decades away from Mustang fans and just let the car rust away.

I must say I agree here totally.

The Mustang was sold to a first owner.

Then the current owners father purchased the car from an ad in Car And Driver from
the classifieds in the magazine classifieds section for $6K as per the interview on Jay Leno Cars.

I am amazed they did not care for the car, it would not have taken a lot.
According to the story, the clutch failed from age and wear and tear, so they left it in their barn for years.
They could have repaired the clutch, polished and washed the car a few times a year
and the car would have been in far better shape.

What bothers me, in an interview, the owners son stated, the car would remain in the family
because it was his dads car and had sentimental value.

Then the owners son, contacts Ford to establish it's authenticity, then onto Jay Leno's show,
then the car goes on display, is sent around the world in auto shows to sell the new Bullitt Mustang.

Then he does an about face and decides to sell the car?
Also Barrett Jackson garners far higher prices than Mecum, another puzzle?

I guess the family needed the money and it will provide them with a safe income.

The whole thing is rather sad...:bored:...

Thanks for the video.

It would be really nice if Ford bought it.

You know that is a great thought, kudos LB.
I thought the same thing, Ford Buys it and makes good use of it.
It must be going into a museum now after the sale...:hmm:...

Back
Top Bottom