DannyT - Backstage pass at H2O HQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyt

Tyme Traveler
Guess where I was for the last 2 days....full access and in dive watch wonderland !

be4d525af5717e1e4363fdfce1ca7130.jpg

d300cc7fa13a256c4fb960aa2313024e.jpg

And I got to help with everyone else's Kalmar 2 mokume gane pre-order
smiley.png

ad38ddf60b1da51cbe18126a4973b1f2.jpg

I got first a hand look behind the scenes at none other than Mr. Helberg's lab --

H20 Watch in North Germany !

Timing was awesome as I'm in Germany with my wife who Is here on business and had the opportunity to come along and then take a solo side trip to see the H20 dive watch operation thanks to Clemens gracious invitation. It's mind blowing to learn what work is involved to get a micro launched and to keep it going. I've gained a whole new respect for Clemens and his brand and the dedication he puts forth to deliver a quality product at a price point that is truly truly impressive. I tell ya, Damascus in the metal is so über cool. I now know why it commands the price it does. Hand forged by a pro knife maker: the failure rate is over 50% as each piece does not react to the etching and finishing process equally and to get that perfect finished case takes a ton of work. Wow wow wow is all I can say.

It was an unforgettable experience for a watch addict like myself and am truly thankful for Clemens allowing me access to his shop and to share with the community. And even more impressive is that he really is a one man operation and I just don't see where he finds time to sleep or time to spend with his family with all that he does for our community to feed the addiction.

How many people can say they've visited their fav watch brand's operation and being shown all the work that goes into handling a watch order to assembling and packaging and everything in between. It humbles me to have seen the amount of dedication and passion that Clemens puts into each watch for his customers and having to handle everything in between. Clemens really is a blessing for the watch community.

WHAT AN EXPERIENCE I will never forget.

Cheers

Danny

the H2O superfan
smiley.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AWESOME experience Danny - thanks for sharing!

[quote source=/post/296)99/thread timestamp=)44966)977 author=@gopennstate]AWESOME experience Danny - thanks for sharing![/quote]-tool man's wet dream[br][br]horo safari hunting damascus in the wild[br][br]superlative bro

Here's my fully assembled MG Kalmar [br][br]
aa55cd7def2e68f3)df4)53a7cd5c52d.jpg
[br][br]
)28738)9cbbb4c695)b63b266fb55)7f.jpg
[br][br]
5a3e7f5cbe23eda72bc35e88a635964e.jpg
[br][br]
)6662bd)b434444a54243f7a2264f99f.jpg
[br][br]
cdedf)bc)d6eee9996d42d22cbf)c9)a.jpg
[br][br]
3b34)))58)67686ef3e5ddf)c23))d)e.jpg
[br][br]
)))7db)59457e33eed28b435c4c)d4d6.jpg

Oh my god I just noticed the tongue on the buckle. Insane.

Thanks for sharing.

It's been clear for a long time that you are the H2O superfan!! You deserve the VIP treatment. Congrats to you Danny and I really have enjoyed your posts as it brought me to become a fan of these watches even though I still have yet to acquire one....but they are on my radar for sure in 2))6!

Very,Very Nice to say the least>

Wow , mad congrats on an awesome experience.

Danny T ...livin the crazy life....thanks for sharing a great story.

My Gawg..it's stunning. The striations in the case are amazing. Truly a grail piece, and that strap is gorgeous. Congrats, and wear it with pride.

What a great experience - I'm jealous.[br][br]And all I can say about that watch is WOW!!![br][br]Congrats Danny.

What a fantastic opportunity, Danny. I can't think of anyone more deserving of this than you. Thanks for sharing this experience with the rest of us!

[font face=georgia][font size=4][font color=e637)9]Absolutely fantastic, Danny! That must have been one wonderful experience indeed. Thanks so much for sharing!
font]

Glad the Mrs and you could get there and home safe,was very cool of Clemens to extend the invitation,if it is someplace I can not get to on the blacktop or unpaved roads ,eyE have no desire 2 travel there,many have tried to get my feet off the ground or on the sea but there is only one mode of transportation I am built for,no matter what the safety stats are,eyE must be at the helm.

Congratulations on a fantastic experience and trip as well as a dynamite killer looking mokume gane!

You hit the Lottery Danny. Like a personal tour of Disney with nobody in the Park.Love the MG, waiting for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom