Protect Yourself with RUBBER -make sure you use a rubber, son!

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
grown out of short trousers barely

2020-03-20

CORONAVIRUS Protect Yourself with RUBBER

I’d barely grown out of short trousers when I was educated in the use of rubber for protection – that was back in the mid-80s at the height of the AIDS epidemic.

Even as a 10yr old who was a good 3 years off of his first snog, the message was loud and clear – make sure you use a rubber, son!

Cornoavirus.jpg

Now the World is faced with a new biological threat – the Coronavirus and no one is immune. However there is one piece of recurring advice –

WASH YOUR HANDS – which got me thinking! The BBC News put out a small tutorial on “How to clean your smartphone safely”.

A microbiologist from University College London said that you can effectively clean your phone using just household soap and water.

Elliot%2BE.T..jpg

By now everyone knows that you are supposed to wash your hands for a good 20 seconds.

I don’t know bout’ you but I favor the drill songs from the 1987 cult war film, Full Metal Jacket – you know –

Full%2BMetal%2BJacket.jpg

“Mamma & Papa were laying in bed, Mamma rolled over, this what she said” etc. etc. or the classic: “I don't know but I've been told, Eskimo p*ssy is mighty cold” etc. etc.

Hand%2BWashing%2BTechnique.jpg

I digress, the reason being, that soap breaks down the virus’ fatty protein membrane which would otherwise cling to your skin thus allowing it to be washed away.

In fact a drop or two of plain soap diluted in water can effectively kill many types of bacteria and viruses.

Leather%2BStrap.jpg

So here’s my advice for you, my dear readers – until this Coronavirus Pandemic is fully contained – DITCH YOUR LEATHER bands and replace them with either rubber or steel (or titanium).

ISOfrane.jpg

That way whether or not you have been coughing (hopefully not) all over your hands and wrist; when you go to wash your hands you can also easily sanitize your water-resistant wristwatch which could otherwise become a seething hotbed of germs.

Tropic.jpg

Of course a Nylon NATO can also be easily cleaned but unless you live somewhere warm and dry you’re gonna’ walk around with a soggy wrist for an hour or so.

Steel%2BMesh.jpg

If you haven’t got any rubber or steel for your diver, now’s the perfect time to get online find the perfect anti-Covid-19 accessory for your watch plus you can even tell the missus you need to buy some new straps for health and safety reasons. ;)

There are a ton of great quality 3rd party rubber straps available. Be sure to check out: ISOfrane, Tropic and Crafter Blue for starters.

Bond%2BNATO.jpg

And in the meantime whether you're on lockdown, self-isolating or like me going about business as usual; keep those hands and diver’s watches clean and stay safe wherever you are!

https://oceanictime.blogspot.com/202...th-rubber.html

interesting thought... Do I have a bracelet or rubber I can put on every watch? Prob do have NATO but again, nato would be a PITA to wash and dry.

I'll have to look, but I doubt it. Interestingly I should be getting a deliver from CNS today, all fabric or leather. oh no!

I guess I get the concept but quite honestly it applies for every day all day long for all kinds of bacteria viruses and pathogen’s. Wash your hands and don’t touch your face and you should be OK as far as a watch band is concerned

you who are on the road

must have a code

that u can live by-

wear your rubbers well...

and keep your fingers out your eyes mouth nose

Back
Top Bottom