Posting Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Photos

I am looking for some help posting photos. I tried to post directly from the computer hard drive but it keeps failing. So my backup would be Flickr, but I cannot find the instructions on how to do that using the search. Can someone post the link for me? And if you know why downloading direct from the computer does not work, that would be handy too! Much thanks!

http://watchintyme.com/showthread.ph...omputer-or-web

When you start a post, you should see the tool bar, use the "Insert Image" Button. A pop up box will allow to either upload "From Computer" or "From URL". If you chose to paste a pic 'From URL", we have found that you must uncheck the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

When adding from your computer, using the "Insert Image" button, double click the image and a popup window will appear, then check the 'Full Image' box/circle instead of the 'Thumbnail' box/circle.

Here's how to post pics instead of thumbnails

When you start a post, you should see the tool bar, use the "Insert Image" Button. A pop up box will allow to either upload "From Computer" or "From URL". If you chose to paste a pic 'From URL", we have found that you mustuncheck the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Insert Image
    X
    From ComputerFrom URL
    Add an Image from Url

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    URL
    Retrieve remote file and reference locally

When adding from your computer, using the "Insert Image" button, Choose the image the click "Upload file"

Insert Image
    X
    From ComputerFrom URL
    Add an Image from your computer

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    Upload File(s)

The image will appear in the reply area, then double click the image and a popup window will appear, then check the 'Full Image' box/circle instead of the 'Thumbnail' box/circle. It sounds complex but only takes a couple seconds.

If you do not see the tool bar, then you must change your Settings like this:

Settings at top right corner
    General Settings in left side bar
    Scroll to Miscellaneous and check these boxes
    Message Editor Interface:

1. Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Enhanced Attachment Uploading:

1. Enhanced Attachment Uploading on

And don't forget to click the "Save" button at the right bottom corner.

http://watchintyme.com/forumdisplay....nd-Information

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
    As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
    Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mike to the rescue. :)

Life is short...don't waste a minute of it. Gary

Comment

Also check the file size of the pictures. My first attempts failed as well, and I realized the file size of the photos exceed the max.

Comment

It was the size of the photo, so I reduced it and it worked. But I did not get a pop up box that gave me the option to use the full image vs thumbnail; so I got the thumbnail. But this is way better than going through Flickr.

Comment

click on actual photo and this box comes up.jpgClick on the actual photo once you upload it and this box should come up.That is what I usually do.
            Attached Files
            "Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
            If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
            As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
            Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X