Ad Free Photobucket

https://watchintyme.com/showthread....ts-will-be-limited-to-1-000-photos-and-videos

Important dates

January 8, 2019: Free accounts will be limited to 1,000 photos and videos. Free accounts with more than 1,000 items will no longer be able to upload new photos or videos.
February 4, 2019: Any items over the 1,000-upload limit will be at risk of deletion, starting with the oldest of the items. Photos licensed through Creative Commons before November 1, 2018 will not be deleted, even for accounts over the 1,000 limit.

I'm fine with how Flickr is doing it. At least they did not just pull the rug out from everyone. I'm also fine with them deleting photos. I have all the originals backed up. I maintained a paid account for years with Photobucket before they pulled that stunt.

I haven't used my PB account since I downloaded my images back in 2017 before they could hold them hostage.

I better hurry up! :lol:
giphy.gif

Your Account Requires Immediate Attention!

Recently, we announced that all free plans would be limited to 2.5GB (approximately 250 images).​
Your account has exceeded the free storage limit.

What You Need To Do:

Act Now Time is Running Out.

For just $1.99 per month, you can upgrade to our lowest priced premium plan. That's over a 50% discount! (reg $4.48). You will get 25GB of storage (room for approximately 2,500 images) along with priority access to our new state of the art image editor, and more.​
What If You Do Nothing?
If you do not select a new paid plan, you will not be able to add photos to your account and must either delete or download images to meet the free plan limit.​

Once subscribed, we will not increase your monthly rate for 12 months.
No long term commitments. cancel anytime. Enhanced Hosting not included with this offer.

Photobucket respects your privacy. For our complete privacy policy, please click here
All rights reserved. 3000 Lawrence St. Suite 141, Denver, CO 80205
2019 Photobucket.com
giphy.gif

And watermarked them, even if we didn't exceed the 'free' limit. :mad:

Snakes in the grass the way they handled. I was a paying customer for years, but told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Flickr is doing it correctly.

Update: Free Flickr account limit deadline extension.

We’re extending the deadline for upgrading to Flickr Pro for unlimited storage or removing your photos/videos to meet the new 1,000 item limit. The new deadline is March 12, 2019.

https://www.cnet.com/news/flickr-extends-photo-deletion-deadline-to-march-12-for-free-users/

Flickr gives you one more month to download your photos before deletion

The 1,000-photo limit still stands, but site owner SmugMug won't delete your photos yet if you're having trouble fetching them now.

How to download all your Flickr photos

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/two-ways-to-get-your-photos-out-of-smugmugs-flickr/

EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2019, FREE HOSTING LIMITED TO 25MB IMAGES SHALL ALL BE BLURRED

EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2019, FREE HOSTING LIMITED TO 25MB IMAGES SHALL ALL BE BLURRED

THE FREE ACCOUNT OFFERS LIMITED IMAGE HOSTING THAT CONTAINS A
PHOTOBUCKET WATERMARK THAT REFLECTS THAT THE IMAGE IS HOSTED FOR
FREE BY US. EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2019, FREE HOSTING SHALL BE LIMITED TO 25MB
PER ACCOUNT (NOT PER IMAGE) PER MONTH. IN THE EVENT A FREE ACCOUNT
EXCEEDS 25MB IN A GIVEN MONTH, THE IMAGES SHALL ALL BE BLURRED AND
WATERMARKED UNTIL THE EARLIER OF: (A) THE START OF THE NEXT MONTH
WHEN BANDWIDTH USAGE FOR SUCH ACCOUNT SHALL RESET, AND (B) YOU
PURCHASE A DESIGNATED PREMIUM ACCOUNT THAT OFFERS UNLIMITED
HOSTING.

The free account does not allow any image hosting or storing/sharing of legal adult
not safe for work ("nsfw") images. If you are interested in image hosting or storing/sharing
legal adult nsfw images, you will need to subscribe to one of our Paid Accounts. Free
account Subscribers can upgrade to a Paid Account at any time.

• Paid Account: Photobucket offers several paid options that give the Subscriber more
storage, image hosting and other services, such as the ability to store/share legal not safe for
work "nsfw" images. Please note that Paid Accounts are billed either monthly or annually at
your option.

IF A PAID ACCOUNT EXCEEDS ITS ALLOTTED STORAGE CAPACITY WHICH IS
DETERMINED BASED UPON THE LESSER OF A GIVEN AMOUNT OF STORAGE SPACE
EXPRESSED IN GIGABYTES AND TOTAL IMAGE COUNT, THE SUBSCRIBER MAY:
UPGRADE TO A HIGHER LEVEL PAID ACCOUNT BY SELECTING THE APPROPRIATE
PAID ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION LEVEL, REDUCE THE NUMBER OF IMAGES IN THEIR
ACCOUNT TO GET UNDER THEIR ALLOTTED STORAGE CAPACITY OR CLOSE THEIR
CURRENT PAID ACCOUNT. ALTERNATIVELY, PHOTOBUCKET MAY TERMINATE THE
SUBSCRIBER'S ACCOUNT AND PERMANENTLY DELETE THEIR CONTENT UPON
THEIR REQUEST. NOTE THAT PURSUANT TO THE PHOTOBUCKET MEMBER BILL OF
RIGHTS, WE WILL NOT DELETE YOUR IMAGES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT, EVEN IF
YOU EXCEED YOUR ALLOTTED STORAGE CAPACITY (EXCLUDES CONTENT WHICH
WE DEEM TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS).

EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2019, THE 250GB AND UNLIMITED PLANS ARE THE ONLY PAID
ACCOUNTS THAT OFFER UNLIMITED IMAGE HOSTING. THE 25GB PLAN OFFERS THE
SAME HOSTING BENEFITS AS THE FREE ACCOUNT (SEE ABOVE FOR DETAILS).

watermark, and now 25 MB is why they can go pound salt up their butts.

:lol:I laughed when I read the 25 limit. A few HD PNG files add up to more than that.

If you are a professional photographer and need to store lots of photos, this might work. But for the average person $8 a month might not... especially when there are loads of free sites out there. (not to mention PB's crapy service)

:banghead: These guys don't know how to take no thanks for an answer. I asked them to remove all of my images they refuse and would rather break balls and hold the images for ransom. I backed my stuff up a long, long time ago and have no use for their site.

L8WYRYR.jpg

I don't have many images with bloatophucket, but they are ALL watermarked. I am not even close to the free limit.

:banghead: These guys don't know how to take no thanks for an answer. I asked them to remove all of my images they refuse and would rather break balls and hold the images for ransom. I backed my stuff up a long, long time ago and have no use for their site.

And they complain about us taking up storage for free :no:

Back
Top Bottom