Retro Review & Analysis ADDENDUM: Strider Hyperdive - "DA STRAPS, Boss, DA STRAPS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetraveler

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
Now that I've had time to play around with this watch I've discovered something remarkable...

The straps included in the kit are every bit as sweet as the watch on bracelet itself.

I feel that they deserve their own review, so here goes:

pmhRx3vpj

First, the leather: This cowhide wrap-around is a full 4.5 mm thick. Yet, it's supple and buttery soft. The pebble-grained finish perfectly complements the finish on the dial, and the white top-stitching beautifully ties into the bezel. On the wrist it stays in place without too much cinching and is a joy to wear.
pmzl9C9Np

pnNktcSdj

pnPbiFRjj

pnifMpgxj

pno464XLj

And now, the nylon NATO/Zulu: I probably have less that ten NATOs in the collection. Of the ten, this one is unquestionably the nicest. It's heavy, beautifully finished, and honestly wears like a leather. The SS keepers are beautifully finished, and the tongue slips through the lug-screw pins without slop. Again, and in person, the color is a great fit with the dial.
pn3PMRiRj

pnpiqeW3j

pmklluYqj

po4g9Br6j

These 24mm straps share a high degree of quality, comfort and family appearance. Add the bracelet and you have a combo of non-tapering mountings that is every bit the equal of the watch itself! The more that I'm exposed to this timepiece and its accessories, the more I like it!

poa8dGKGj

And as always... Thanks for lookin', WiTs!!! :applaud:

That piece looks very sharp on the straps, indeed. I would go with the NATO, myself, but both look super. Thanks for the addition, Bill.:good::cool2:

More great stuff, Bill. You sound really happy with this one and the whole kit.
Now, take a break from the keyboard and enjoy some time with the watch! :wink:

So many times the belts have issues as if an after thought but JS was always the
perfectionist to the end.

Great review of the straps. As you could tell I was very partial to the bracelet. But I could tell what great quality those additional straps were. It just echos one of your possible reasons why JS did not continue the brand. Essentially he delivered too much value in his kit and the initial offering probably lost money and therefore was too underfunded to continue to the next model. It is one of the best values that was ever put out IMHO.

Continue to explore and enjoy my new friend.

-punctuates an interesting footnote in our small community...a paradox...the straps are too nice...dented the bottom line...maybe painted it red

“Strider Hyperdive...part Deaux”

That’s why I never even yet placed the Nato or bracelet on mine. The strap is just too comfy.

Great review of the straps. As you could tell I was very partial to the bracelet. But I could tell what great quality those additional straps were. It just echos one of your possible reasons why JS did not continue the brand. Essentially he delivered too much value in his kit and the initial offering probably lost money and therefore was too underfunded to continue to the next model. It is one of the best values that was ever put out IMHO.

Continue to explore and enjoy my new friend.

And of course I failed to include the custom buckles on both straps. They also support the overall look. Rather than simply engraving a basic buckle with the identifying brand, they are the result of another one-off design. And I'm sure that they weren't cheap either!

Thanks again for hooking me up, Mark!

pm4bz3cAj

pnFfxCZWj

pmalsrCej

potdwfnYj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom